Set Review: 6231 Speeda Demon

Another great review. I am getting Speeda Demon but only as one of the last sets from the breakout like. Those purple parts do seem interesting but I'm not big on them. Though Lego really missed a big opportunity in my opinion. Instead of having Stormer go after Speeda Demon they should have used Furno and brought back the Furno bike. That was my favorite set of the 1.0 wave.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Something that I've found:If you position his swords so they are just off the ground, two things will happen:1.) His bike still stay upright2.) If positioned correctly (and it's not hard to do), by giving him a good shove down a hard, flat, surface, he will go a certain distance and start to lose momentum, and the weight will lean him to the side. However, the great thing about it is that with the sword being so low, he will actually do a really cool drift-and-stop move, where the tip of the sword will touch the ground and he will suddenly perform a 180-degree turn before coming to a stop, and still standing up. I suggest giving it a try.Another thing: the set's colour scheme is beautiful. The purple and lime green are so well-accented. There's nothing better.~Tobi

rsz_tumblr_mjbpgepgcj1r3r00eo1_1280.jpg

If only he weren't so expensive, I would be happily buying him. He is without a doubt the most awesome looking set released through the whole of Breakout. If only his personality in the actual episode weren't so freakin' annoying.That said, I have been looking for him, though he doesn't appear to be available anywhere I've checked in the UK. Almost all the stores have the other sets, but not a single motorcycle-riding henchman.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

The bike in almost every aspect looks worse that furno's, a huge disappointment. The thing looks far more lackluster without speeda on it and the thing looks like its been stripped of parts. Speeda himself is pretty meh himself.The best thing about this set are those dang swords (i'm sorry but the new bluey purple is not up my street). They're awesome, and have an almost exo-force look to em. Are they available in any other sets?

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

Great review, Makaru. I don't tend to mind when reviews disagree with my own opinions as long as they're sufficiently detailed, but surprisingly I found myself agreeing with almost every point in this review. No, it's not as solid-looking as the Furno Bike, with so many exposed Technic beams, but the more exposed mechanical look really works for it. Yes, it is in desperate need of a kickstand, and yes, Speeda Demon could use a place to put his feet, and no, it doesn't make sense that there's a single titanium metallic armor piece on Speeda Demon's chest disrupting his otherwise pretty consistent color scheme.But overall, this is a fun set, even though I'm kind of disappointed that our first vehicle set since the introduction of the new building system hardly uses that system. And while I wish we could get more types of vehicles instead of just another bike, this one is sufficiently unique that it doesn't just feel like a repeat of the Furno Bike.

I don't buy that many sets anymore, but let me just say that this was by far one of the most entertaining reviews to read I've seen in a while. Most bore me. d=As for whether or not 35 USD seems like too much, I don't buy sets often enough to make an opinion on that.

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Thanks for the review! I was lucky enough to build Speeda Demon at BrickFair for a kid who was busy building something else. It was a fun build, and the outcome of the set is quite nice IMO. I don't really like the bike though, even though it is good, but it doesn't compare to the Furno Bike. Speeda Demon himself is also quite nice.My friend Joe (editor of BrickJournal) also had a fun time with Speeda Demon...404160_10150951728726637_171898600_n.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

That was quite the well written review, one that had me chuckling as I read it.That being said, I like the few purple pieces it has and it seems like it is an okay set. I think I'll wait for it to go on either a really good sale or onto clearance.

Speeda Demon comes with one recoloured part. Hey, did you like the helmet design that came with Black Phantom? Lego sure hopes you do! It comes in all the larger villain sets this year [excluding Split-Face], each time a different colour.
I didn't know Core Hunter came with a Black Phantom helmet.

I wasn't aware of the brilliant way of attaching him with a ball joint. Good job by LEGO, but besides that he seems pretty average with some awful flaws. I preferred the Furno Bike. :/ Still, thanks for the review, Mak! :)-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Speeda Demon comes with one recoloured part. Hey, did you like the helmet design that came with Black Phantom? Lego sure hopes you do! It comes in all the larger villain sets this year [excluding Split-Face], each time a different colour.
I didn't know Core Hunter came with a Black Phantom helmet.
It doesn't. Nor does it come in Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, Splitface, Core Hunter, Thornraxx, or XT4. It only comes in 3 sets...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

The operative word was larger.I will concede only to Core Hunter. I must have forgotten him because Core Hunter makes me cuddly warm on the inside that I forgot that he was a Lego set and not my best friend.
It's okay, we all forget things like that. Why, just the other day, I stopped by the LEGO store and thought "Why is Makaru's best friend in a bag on a shelf?"

Well that review...was almost as beautiful as Mak is!But seriously $50? I bout did a spit-take. That's a $30 max set if I ever saw one.
That's $50 Canadian I think. He's $35 in the US.
Oh right, forgot about their monopoly money.Still pretty pricey, but more reasonable.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

Wait its $50 canadian. Thats insane. It worth at the most $30. I'm going to wait for a price drop before buying it.On another note review wise. Only Breakout Nex is left to review. I wonder how his will be done.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Well that review...was almost as beautiful as Mak is!But seriously $50? I bout did a spit-take. That's a $30 max set if I ever saw one.
Its only 50 at toys r us. 30 dollars everywhere else.
Actually, it's $40 at Toys R Us and $35 at Lego's Online Shop.TRU and their overpriced stuff these days. >.>Back onto the review and the set. It's a bit iffy for me. Speeda himself looks ok, but just another generic HF humanoid build. The bike looks sleek, but empty to me. Might just want to buy it for those purple parts. Trans Lime green Armour looks good too. I don't know if it's just a jumble of parts or a set for me. Anyways, thanks for the review Makaru. Real awesome.~Gravity

Thanks for the review. I probably won't be getting this due to it's small amount of purple pieces. How is $35 almost $50, though?

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

On another note review wise. Only Breakout Nex is left to review. I wonder how his will be done.
That's a good question. I wonder who is going to do that one?Also Bryan I love you and your review. I kind of want this guy but I haven't picked him up because of the price. Yeesh.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg