[Update 9/20] Disguised Great Being Revealed!

What I said -- a weapon. Inventor, GB. Why not? It could simply be an elemental weapon for example, designed to perhaps frame Lesovikk or any other Toa of Air. If you think about it, a weapon producing a powerful cyclone would be an effective way to snipe TK from a distance, perhaps out of his sensory focus at the time, and to break up a gelatinous being.
I'm definetly not saying this isn't possible; who knows what kinds of things Velika can make. But, this it's not a case where someone is standing back sniping from a distance. Take a look at these line from Gaardus.“I tried to see,” said the creature. “But he knew I was there. A howling wind knocked me from my watching spot and broke many limbs off the trees. By the time I touched the sky again, he was gone.”“The one you call Tren Krom appeared in the forest, from nowhere,” Gaardus began, speaking slowly and carefully. “He was … confused. He could move, but not very far or very fast. I was going to hunt, but his mind touched mine, and it hurt. Then … there was someone else, and the winds came, and I saw the star, and …”This clearly implies that whoever it was, was right there with Tren Krom, but vanished before Gaardus could see him. I have a theory who the murderer is, and it's not Velika. I just dont see why a great being would go around killing his creations like this.

Well, there is the "GBs want to shut down the MU" thing, and for Velika the not powerful Matoran "I know that this being will get in the way of my plan so why not just eliminate him now so I am assured of no trouble." thing. Either or both of these could be strong motivations for killing TK.

Edited by fishers64

Who said his plans were to destroy the MU?

The GBs wanted to "shut down" the nanotech of the MU robot that are running around, particularly Toa, as evidenced by the invention of Marendar. The hidden GB, however, might have other plans. I was theorizing that he might - might - have the same attitude as his fellow GBs.

Well, that certainly is a surprise, hope we see new updates sometime in the future. Because this opens up some delightful story opportunities, like say Velika was sent in to Karzahni to make sure the make sure Karzahni was doing his job. As sort of an undercover agent, the rebuilding process might have clocked his brain a bit, being such a complicated mind inside a small body.

Ah, I see. Possible. But, with him being in the MU that long, maybe it's possible his views have changed?

Possible. We don't know enough about Velika's character to assume either position.Although I suspect what little we know will be cross-examined exhaustively in the coming days.

Considering how he was affected, both by the madness of Karzahni, and the Great Cataclysm (his creations going awry), I doubt that Velika would want to save them. If you were to watch one of the races you created to save your world, instead try to conquer the universe (and almost kill you in the process without knowing it), would you REALLY want to keep them alive?Also, I assume that Velika's's the GB's name; for the moment, there's no evidence to the contrary - in fact, in the old "Who Could it Be" topic, it was pointed out that the word Velika translates to "Great" or "Wonderous" from Slavic.

I was not expecting that when I opened the spoiler tag.When I did I was like what the how is this possible nice to hear again from Greg.What if the next thing he tells us is Bionicle is coming back.As well as Teridax.
Greg confirmed a long time ago that Teridax is totally and indisputably dead.
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

Alright, for the record, spoiler tags are now no longer needed as it is more than two days since the BZP article was posted, as Black Six agreed (rounding up to midnight EST), based on our policy for serial spoilers. :) Thanks to all who diligently kept them up. ^_^(But yall can keep using 'em if you want. :P)

like say Velika was sent in to Karzahni to make sure the make sure Karzahni was doing his job. As sort of an undercover agent, the rebuilding process might have clocked his brain a bit, being such a complicated mind inside a small body.
That's a brilliant idea. But note that the one doing the sending would be himself as the other GBs didn't send him into the MU at all and he did it on his own.
Considering how he was affected, both by the madness of Karzahni, and the Great Cataclysm (his creations going awry), I doubt that Velika would want to save them. If you were to watch one of the races you created to save your world, instead try to conquer the universe (and almost kill you in the process without knowing it), would you REALLY want to keep them alive?
That makes sense.
Also, I assume that Velika's's the GB's name; for the moment, there's no evidence to the contrary - in fact, in the old "Who Could it Be" topic, it was pointed out that the word Velika translates to "Great" or "Wonderous" from Slavic.
That doesn't necessarily mean anything. That's the real-world etymology that may have played a role in Greg choosing Velika for the role. That doesn't necessarily mean the word has that meaning at all in Bionicle. But it's possible.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Considering how he was affected, both by the madness of Karzahni, and the Great Cataclysm (his creations going awry), I doubt that Velika would want to save them. If you were to watch one of the races you created to save your world, instead try to conquer the universe (and almost kill you in the process without knowing it), would you REALLY want to keep them alive?
What race are you referring to here? It seems that you're referring to the Skakdi or the Makuta, both of which were created by Mata Nui, not the GBs.

Also, I assume that Velika's's the GB's name; for the moment, there's no evidence to the contrary - in fact, in the old "Who Could it Be" topic, it was pointed out that the word Velika translates to "Great" or "Wonderous" from Slavic.
So somebody noticed that as well? Nice. Name-wise, I'd say he's the perfect choice.I don't know if the story team had these plans back when they were naming the characters, but I can tell you that quite a few Matoran (specifically in the MNOG II) seemed to be named after real-life words related to their Koros. Take Zemya (an Onu-Matoran whose name literally means "earth") and Kamen (Po-Matoran, and his name is the Slavic equivalent of Peter; both originate from words meaning "stone").

I don't know if the story team had these plans back when they were naming the characters, but I can tell you that quite a few Matoran (specifically in the MNOG II) seemed to be named after real-life words related to their Koros. Take Zemya (an Onu-Matoran whose name literally means "earth") and Kamen (Po-Matoran, and his name is the Slavic equivalent of Peter; both originate from words meaning "stone").
Nixie's named after a water spirit. Pelagia is a species of jellyfish, Agni a Hindu god of fire, Aodhan is Irish for "fire", Boreas is a god of the North Wind, "Kivi" is an Estonian and Finnish surname for stone... I could go down the list on BS01 and tell you which names mean things relevant to their element but that'd take a while so I won't, but my point is that it happens and also it's pretty cool. (Pelagia. Jellyfish. 'S all you need to know.)Personally, I think Velika was the GB all along and was named with that in mind. Edited by Lielac

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! the spoler tags won't work for me!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! !!!! !!! !!! the spoler tags won't work for me!
We don't have to use spoiler tags anymore.
Alright, for the record, spoiler tags are now no longer needed as it is more than two days since the BZP article was posted, as Black Six agreed (rounding up to midnight EST), based on our policy for serial spoilers. :) Thanks to all who diligently kept them up. ^_^(But yall can keep using 'em if you want. :P)
Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So somebody noticed that as well? Nice. Name-wise, I'd say he's the perfect choice.I don't know if the story team had these plans back when they were naming the characters, but I can tell you that quite a few Matoran (specifically in the MNOG II) seemed to be named after real-life words related to their Koros. Take Zemya (an Onu-Matoran whose name literally means "earth") and Kamen (Po-Matoran, and his name is the Slavic equivalent of Peter; both originate from words meaning "stone").
HA. NICE!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I think a case could be made now for Velika being the GB. Why? Think of the two victims; both of them might have been able to figure out who Velika really was. Tren Krom goes without saying, and Karzahni worked extensively on repairing Velika (albeit poorly). Maybe those two knew his secret, and so they're gone now?

I think a case could be made now for Velika being the GB. Why? Think of the two victims; both of them might have been able to figure out who Velika really was. Tren Krom goes without saying, and Karzahni worked extensively on repairing Velika (albeit poorly). Maybe those two knew his secret, and so they're gone now?
-cough- You mean murderer, right? Because he is the GB. :P (You've definitely got good points there. Why would he want to destroy all powerful beings, though? After all, the murderer is planning to blow up the fortress when the crazy GB and a whole bunch of important people...)

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Yes, you won the contest! Be glad of your brilliance!
You mean the murderer? Anyway, Karz was assigned to repair Velika's body, not his mind. I doubt, even if he had the ability to read Velika's mind and discover who he was, I doubt he would have used it, wanting as much distance from his failures as possible. As for Tren Krom, maybe...but they're on two different parts of the universe, and Tren Krom's not exactly mobile (And why would Velika go to meet TK earilier? Wouldn't that be counted as suspicious?).Now, if Velika's the murderer, he might have killed him on the pretence that he would figure out his secret before he was ready to reveal it, however, what with the telepathic powers and all?Which begs the question : Why did Kongu not realize this? The Toa had a Suletu. Velika must have had some zen mental stuff going on....

Meh, i'm gonna have to agree with tillius on this. why is everyone so up in arms about it? Currently it has no real bearing on the storyline, and it seems like[spoiler] Greg only picked velika because of the fact he was his favourite character. To be honest its very.....meh. Everyone thinks now there was some huge wave of evidence behind it from the beginning...but i don't think so. Pretty much any other character could have been picked and people would have found some contrivances that would have magically proved he was a great being from the start. Why is everyone applauding greg for this? The writing here is pretty much to raise his pet character to an elevated platform of relevance. Greg could have said a chicken nugget was a a great being and everyone would have been overjoyed, if not simply, because of the update. The way I see it the story has been pretty much a mess past 08, when greg deviated from bob thompson's bible, and the story has truly become useless reveal after useless reveal beyond bionicle's endNow I was one of the people truly angry when bionicle ended, but at the state at which the story was going after bionicle ended (i.e; the random shock value and pointless twists, the random story exposition reveal to fans outside of the serials), I prefer it to be left to fanfic, and to be picked up by LEGO again in future.Now I wouldn't mind Velika being the GB, but the whole thing was almost definitely tacked on way after the character was written and through random contrivances, any character could have filled that place. Plus anyone who thought Velika wasn't the GB was thinking to hard lol. Greg needed to pick a character to tack on this random, completely irrelevant-to-the-prior-plot-mystery to without too much contradictory backstory. Why not make it his favorite?? [/spoiler]

Edited by Ids5621

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

Meh, i'm gonna have to agree with tillius on this. why is everyone so up in arms about it? Currently it has no real bearing on the storyline, and it seems like[spoiler] Greg only picked velika because of the fact he was his favourite character. To be honest its very.....meh. Everyone thinks now there was some huge wave of evidence behind it from the beginning...but i don't think so. Pretty much any other character could have been picked and people would have found some contrivances that would have magically proved he was a great being from the start. Why is everyone applauding greg for this? The writing here is pretty much to raise his pet character to an elevated platform of relevance. Greg could have said a chicken nugget was a a great being and everyone would have been overjoyed, if not simply, because of the update. The way I see it the story has been pretty much a mess past 08, when greg deviated from bob thompson's bible, and the story has truly become useless reveal after useless reveal beyond bionicle's endNow I was one of the people truly angry when bionicle ended, but at the state at which the story was going after bionicle ended (i.e; the random shock value and pointless twists, the random story exposition reveal to fans outside of the serials), I prefer it to be left to fanfic, and to be picked up by LEGO again in future.Now I wouldn't mind Velika being the GB, but the whole thing was almost definitely tacked on way after the character was written and through random contrivances, any character could have filled that place. Plus anyone who thought Velika wasn't the GB was thinking to hard lol. Greg needed to pick a character to tack on this random, completely irrelevant-to-the-prior-plot-mystery to without too much contradictory backstory. Why not make it his favorite?? [/spoiler]
I completely agree i was really mad at velika being the GB. i really wish it was some villian i mean what better way than to have someone who is supposedly evil be the great being heck even a mysterious villian like Darkness. someone who is associated with evil but has many secrets. and also someone brought up the fact that kongu had was within range of velika and yet never picked up on anything,and another good question what happened to velika original great being body? i mean if he could transfer his soul/mind into another body then maybe he had his original body hidden somewhere for his eventual return so he could regain all his original powers. i think this because how else could he as a matoran take out tren krom.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I completely agree i was really mad at velika being the GB. i really wish it was some villian i mean what better way than to have someone who is supposedly evil be the great being heck even a mysterious villian like Darkness. someone who is associated with evil but has many secrets. and also someone brought up the fact that kongu had was within range of velika and yet never picked up on anything,and another good question what happened to velika original great being body? i mean if he could transfer his soul/mind into another body then maybe he had his original body hidden somewhere for his eventual return so he could regain all his original powers. i think this because how else could he as a matoran take out tren krom.
The problem is that the GB is an observer - he didn't wanna disrupt the operations of the universe. So he couldn't be a villian
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

why is everyone so up in arms about it? Currently it has no real bearing on the storyline, and it seems likeGreg only picked velika because of the fact he was his favourite character. To be honest its very.....meh. Everyone thinks now there was some huge wave of evidence behind it from the beginning...but i don't think so. Pretty much any other character could have been picked and people would have found some contrivances that would have magically proved he was a great being from the start. Why is everyone applauding greg for this?
How do you know he only picked him because he was his favorite character? I'm sure it was a factor, but then why do you also take that to be a bad thing? Why turn this into something to have a fight about? No matter who Greg picked, somebody would have been disappointed. And you make it sound like we're all making up these reasons for it to be Velika after the announcement, but most people following the debate prior to it had decided it probably was him for these reasons.It's fine for you to dislike him being the pick, but why must you make up demonstrably false accusations to defend that taste? The situation is simply not as you imagine. :)That is what people get upset with, when some people try to take news like this as something to argue with other fans about. Which is why we have rules against that sort of thing. You can disagree and give your reasons, but you don't have to insult Greg or others as you do it. (Consider this a warning. :)) Now if you still disagree with me, hopefully we can calmly and politely discuss why, though, just be careful that you do not reply 'up in arms'. ^_^Also, I really don't get you guys who say this is "completely irrelevant." That's an awfully huge negative to prove. And is this how you approach other little factoids (or big ones) in the story? Why not just let it be, and be open to the idea maybe of thinking of ways it might be relevant, as the rest of us are already doing? :) And how would any other choice be more relevant?Finally, it seems like a copout to me to just dismiss all the reasons people gave for it to be Velika, without explaining how each argument doesn't make sense. We've given the reasons we thought it was him, including but beyond that it was Greg's fave. I'm curious what reasons you disagree with these, if you do. :)As for why most people are applauding Greg for this, no big mystery. It's because they like it. ^_^You, by contrast, dislike it, and that explains also your reaction. If you accept your own taste, it's contradictory not to accept theirs as well, since taste is subjective.I'd also like to note that it's a bad idea to pit old reasons given for it against any reasons someone might be able to think of only now. That assumes that someone can't think of good reasons after the fact, which isn't realistic. Rather, if you think a reason is not a good reason the best thing to do would be to address it directly and explain why. :)
someone brought up the fact that kongu had was within range of velika and yet never picked up on anything,
Well, we need to keep in mind this was not true in the minds of the story team or Greg at the time, so there would be no reason to see an intentional clue about it there or anywhere else. But mental shielding is possible in Bionicle, which would especially make sense for a GB. Also, Kongu wasn't looking for a hidden GB. Plus, keep in mind that whoever the GB was, the risk of running into some Toa wearing that mask would exist, so he would need a contingency for that regardless of which identity he used. :) A Dark Hunter would actually be much more likely to run into that power than a humble Matoran, and in a confrontational way. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

someone brought up the fact that kongu had was within range of velika and yet never picked up on anything,
Well, we need to keep in mind this was not true in the minds of the story team or Greg at the time, so there would be no reason to see an intentional clue about it there or anywhere else. But mental shielding is possible in Bionicle, which would especially make sense for a GB. Also, Kongu wasn't looking for a hidden GB. Plus, keep in mind that whoever the GB was, the risk of running into some Toa wearing that mask would exist, so he would need a contingency for that regardless of which identity he used. :) A Dark Hunter would actually be much more likely to run into that power than a humble Matoran, and in a confrontational way.
Now that you talk about it, I vaguely remember Velika was once in the chamber where the Antidermis was held. I was gonna ask how Terry didn't notice him being a GB as he still processed his mind reading power despite in gaseous form... I guess Velika just wasn't worth a mind read...But that was close enough. If Makuta or Kongu picked up anything wrong about Velika the story could be a lot different...
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I have updated the first post with new relevant information concerning Velika:

1. The disguised Great Being was already named Velika before he inhabited the Matoran body. This brings the total number of currently known Great Beings to 3 (Angonce and Heremus)2. Velika is indeed the killer of Tren Krom and Karzahni.

Enjoy!

jlovfkk.jpg

I'm assuming the tags come back on for this new info.

I'm not too surprised he turned out to be the killer, given what we saw of the killings and also just from a storytelling perspective - why have two characters where one fits perfectly well?That said, I do have to wonder how Greg planned to wrap this up, considering the murderer/GB plots were taking place in two separate serials.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yes, use spoiler tags for now, for the latest updates. I'll announce when the time for them is over. :)

Also this basically means Velika is about to attempt the lives of those with the insane Great Being. These people are:VezonMiserixHelryxTuyetBrutakaAxonnArtakhaKapuraHafubut thankfully not Lewa as he's been captured by Agori.I'm assuming that he won't be successful, at least I'm hopeful he's not as there's some pretty cool characters there.

banner_copy.png

Also this basically means Velika is about to attempt the lives of those with the insane Great Being. These people are:...Kapura...
Now that's what I call irony. :PSo anyways, I was thinking before this came out, and it still applies, is the RS teleporter... first of all does such a thing exist, as I think it does from what I've seen, and is it possible Velika used it to travel such a vast distance quickly? The remaining questions, I think, are specific motive (besides cleaning house in general), what weapon(s) he used and plans to use, and how he survived TK. Also, who in the fortress is he targeting and who is collateral damage? The insane GB? Vezon? Miserix? Tuyet? Maybe even Helryx??

Also this basically means Velika is about to attempt the lives of those with the insane Great Being. These people are:...Kapura...
Now that's what I call irony. :PSo anyways, I was thinking before this came out, and it still applies, is the RS teleporter... first of all does such a thing exist, as I think it does from what I've seen, and is it possible Velika used it to travel such a vast distance quickly? The remaining questions, I think, are specific motive (besides cleaning house in general), what weapon(s) he used and plans to use, and how he survived TK. Also, who in the fortress is he targeting and who is collateral damage? The insane GB? Vezon? Miserix? Tuyet? Maybe even Helryx??

According to chapter 4 of The Powers That Be, Velika is targeting all the beings who are powerful (Miserix, Brutaka, Axonn, Helryx, Tuyet, Vezon, and Artakha). He does not think the insane GB matters.

Edited by Erebus

jlovfkk.jpg

According to chapter 4 of The Powers That Be, Velika is targeting all the beings who are powerful (Miserix, Brutaka, Axonn, Helryx, Tuyet, Vezon, and Artakha). He does not think the insane GB matters.

Velika may not want to kill the insane Great Being, because they're the same species and GBs value themselves more than their creations. Or he could trying to save the insane GB by killing everyone who could pose a threat to the insane GB.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb

I'm very curious as to what his plans are for the Matoran... For all intensive purposes he was friends with the Voya Nui Matoran, so does he have a malicious personality or was it genuine? Also, I find it interesting as to how he could become a Toa in the Kingdom Universe given his GB past.

-TN05

I guess that explains why Karzahni died first. I think maybe Velika got some sort of help from Lesovikk in killing him, since they both wanted him dead.

I worry about these updates. They seem to imply that we may never get an update. Is Greg THAT busy?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Wow, I really thought the Great Being wasn't the murderer. But while Greg said he killed the first two beings, he didn't say he was the one planning to blow up the fortress the insane GB and the other are in... at this point, though, I doubt that's not him too.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Velika may not want to kill the insane Great Being, because they're the same species and GBs value themselves more than their creations. Or he could trying to save the insane GB by killing everyone who could pose a threat to the insane GB.

It's also possible that he doesn't care about the insane GB at all, and will just kill them him out of conveince.

Indeed, he is THAT busy.
Oh, all the hush hush stuff again. But he must think it's pretty hopeless if he's throwing his secrets away. :( Edited by fishers64