Lego:the Movie

Alyska

So, it's been announced that Lego is getting a feature film! Very little is known about it at this stage, other than that it will be written by the guys who wrote Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and that it will be coming out in 2012. There's an interview with the producer here and one with the director here*. What would you like to see in it? *(I hope those links are allowed- if not, please let me know and I'll remove them.)

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

It's also got several cast members announced, but none of them is really particularly an amazing cast. I myself am not too thrilled about Nathan Kress being in the lead role. But... I have a skeptical optimism about the film. I mean I don't want to get my hopes up yet, but based of Dan Lins interveiw... Really didn't impress me. He made it sound more like the whole 'boy goes into other world thing'. What he was talking about sounded more like a bad cartoon concept than anything. But based of the director's interveiw... I like his thinking. A large scale brickfilm. Now if they actually did this with stop motion... my dreams would be a reality... The director made it sound like more like an actual unique adventure. A movie about minifigures. But still. I'm not getting my hopes up until we know more storywise. As far as specifics of what I'd like to see in it I can't really name, but I KNOW this whole live-action thing being thrown in isn't all too appealing. I'd much prefer a two hour effects filled stop motion brickfilm, with a story akin to feel of LEGO itself, not making itself limited to just one genre. A LEGO movie should be free to do whatever it wants. It should be free to go from science fiction space travel to fantasy dragon fighting at any moment. It should really capture the feel of sitting in your room with a bucket full of LEGO bricks. P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!! :tohu:

Nothin' to see here folks. Just keep movin' along.

I heartily agree. The fact that there's gonna be live action really turns me off, as well as the fact that the 'cloudy with a chance of meatballs' writers will be writing it. Sound alike it'll be a goofy movie about kids going into lego world. The other lego movies before this haven't been that great either. I'm not too excited, but'll definitely watch it on netflix watch-it-now when it gets there.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I'd like to see it. It's probably going to go straight to DVD, as have all other LEGO movies. If it's going to be anything like The Adventures of Clutch Powers, it will be a must have/must see on my part.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

didn't we already have Clutch Powers?

Yes, but Lego is apparently making another movie.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, eh?... I:( I'd like it if it was akin to that Brickmovie about the time machine or whatever, or the Brick Testament, or... something... unoficial-ish, I guess.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Actually, i was expecting aother lego movie, ( a sequel to clutch powers) because, if you've seen clutch powers, then you knoq that there were more prisoners that escaped, and that the wizard was just a minion of the powerful entity that we know almost nothing of. tehre is still hte mystery about his father, so i was expecting a sequel.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 3 weeks later...

This could either be the best thing ever or the worst thing ever. Hard to tell at this point.

I agree. However, it's an interesting project, nonetheless. The one thing that's debatable is whether or not it'll be successful. :shrugs:

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Let's see BIONICLE characters in it!On second thought, let's not.

That would be a nice thought on Lego's part if they payed homage to bionicle in some sort of way, but at the same time, not every kid is going to know what bionicle is or rather was. Edited by P962

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384