My latest creation...

Kaleidoscope Tekulo

I call it...

mustachemiru.png

THE MUSTACHE MIRU!

Gads... I'm such a genius! XP

(This was just a quick sketch I did before bed. I did it originally in pencil and liked the general design, so I took a picture of it and colored it on my 3DS. I know, the shading is all over the place... Well, enjoy!)

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Haha, yeah I know. I was actually doodling a bit with masks for some characters I was making. I had a nice design for a Kualsi and then I realized I could adapt it to a Miru. Like I said, this was just a quick doodle, so I wasn't expecting any real praise for it. ^^'Also, in the bottom right corner is my signature. It's actually a sort of puzzle.

It just looks so dignified ...I understand why you aligned the mustache as you did - so it could line up with the contours of the Miru - but it makes the 'stache a little wonky, if that's the right term. I wouldn't object if you took a little liberty with the Miru's contours so the mustache could look a little more normal. Right now, it looks like it has gravity-defying powers.Also, needs more handlebar. I'm just sayin'.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oh my gosh, these are better replies than I could have hoped for. XD

someone did it. SOMEONE FINALLY DID IT. A. MUSTACHE. MIRU. GENIUS.by the way, I MUST-ACHE you a question. (failed pun)what are the green thing on the top of the mask?
I use that pun ALL the time. XD Ask Akano, he can vouch for that. XPAlso, those are just markings on the mask in a different color. I thought it would be neat to incorporate some teal.
It just looks so dignified ...I understand why you aligned the mustache as you did - so it could line up with the contours of the Miru - but it makes the 'stache a little wonky, if that's the right term. I wouldn't object if you took a little liberty with the Miru's contours so the mustache could look a little more normal. Right now, it looks like it has gravity-defying powers.Also, needs more handlebar. I'm just sayin'.
XD, I should probably explain myself a bit. I actually never intended, when I began drawing, to add a mustache to the mask. The way the lines work in that area (along with the different colors) made it look like a mustache in my opinion, so I decided to call it a "mustache miru" due to the design. Also, I must say that defying gravity only fits the mask more seeing as it's the mask of levitation. XP Though, now I am tempted to alter a Kualsi into a handlebar design... Or maybe I should browse the masks to see-wait... I just thought of the perfect one. XD

"Lewa? I haven't known-heard of any one named Lewa. But he sounds like a very ever-handsome, quick-thinking Toa-hero."Seriously now, I love the colors and the style, and I really do think it was a brilliant artistic addition to the mask, even if it wasn't entirely intentional. :P I can just see Le-Metru Matoran going out on the town with their little top hats and monocles. . . .EDIT: And I just realized the six eyebrows are an addition to the original miru. Actually, it reminds me of the 2008 Mirus. It's sort of like a conglomeration of the three. Very nice!

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

:smilemirunu:

Edited by My Name is Nuile

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

I was just about to comment that the miru looked like it had a moustache until I realised the effect was intentional. It's pretty cute and awesome. Also funny. And awesome.Nothing really to complain about as it's just a sketch, however, I think the black outline seems a little too strong. Maybe an outline with a slightly darker green? It's not really a major issue though, so no worries.

Edited by Summer Don't Know

Majhost sucks

I like it! Its such a 'well DUH' idea i wish i'd beat you to it! A miru... A moustache... A perfect combination of wit and sass... You sir, are a creative genius.just saying.Experimenting with alternate mask designs is always fun, and you've shown it.Those colours, too, are awesome.Simple, but great.

A Mirustache.I like it. However, because the mustache aligns with the mask, it looks as if it's crossing over two spiderman-sized eyes. Also, because of the appearance that the eyes are huge, that leaves the tiny circle to be the mouth, which looks just strange. However, I like the forehead. He looks surprised.

GLORIOUS. *ahem*No really, it looks nice, and pretty symmetrical, which is an additional bonus. ^^Since it's not that huge I can't find much to comment on... the outline is a bit sketchy, especially at the bottom, but then again, I've never used a 3Ds so I have no idea whether it's possible to avoid that :shrugs:(oh, and the shading is perfectly fine ;D)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Haha, thanks for the comments guys. I never thought this would get attention. O.o@ Summer: Anyway, as for the outline, I preferred a bold black one for this. I'm not too sure why, though if I wanted to change the style I would probably go with a lighter one. @ Taka: Also the sketchy outline is very much possible to avoid, I just left it as it is because I kinda liked it and I was tired and wanted to sleep after it was done. XD (I did this right before bed after all. XP). @ Spock: Hmm... I do see what you mean. By the Miru's standards, the eye holes are large. I might tweek it in the future if I decide to re-use this one...