How to moc?

MasterShadow

I don't have any experience with mocs. I want to build a city bus that is semi realistic. What would help me out are:General tips on how to mocWhat sets will help me get good parts (I think a lot of the city sets with large vehicles might be good)How to figure out dimensions without buying a load of bricks I don't need.Thanks for your patience.

Your question is quite vague, to be honest. There is no concrete answer on how to MoC. Each person builds his own way, so I can't really help you with that. But I think it would be good to buy a few LEGO Vehicles and possibly some Technic stuff if you need some Technic pieces. But I can't really give you a list of instuctions on how to MoC, it just doesn't work that way. The best way to learn is to post your works and get the criticism you need to get better. And as long as you continue to work and try, you will gradually get better at MoCing. I hope this can be of some help.-Rez

Your question is quite vague, to be honest. There is no concrete answer on how to MoC. Each person builds his own way, so I can't really help you with that. But I think it would be good to buy a few LEGO Vehicles and possibly some Technic stuff if you need some Technic pieces. But I can't really give you a list of instuctions on how to MoC, it just doesn't work that way. The best way to learn is to post your works and get the criticism you need to get better. And as long as you continue to work and try, you will gradually get better at MoCing. I hope this can be of some help.-Rez
Pretty much this. There's no rules when MOCing and few tips could be given to a MOCer until he or she starts posting some samples. Your creativity is the only limit. Hard work should be put in the production of them, as well as you shoul find your own style of building MOCs. Try starting with something simple yet impressive, then build your eputation by enhancing the challenge. Make your brain work hard and make treasure of the criticism of the reviewers.You can't be sure until you start. The longest work is the one you never start. Start your MOCing experience and, if results aren't as good as you expected them to be, don't fall down: go on and find out how to improve your skills, keeping in mind to follow both your style and taste and the desires of the public. Hope this was heplful!