My Lego Network Topic

Blessed Blade

Hmm. That's odd, then. Should've worked then, given that it was still up. Maybe it was a flash issue, since they overloaded the game with Flash?

Most likely, and LEGO often has bugs at the beginning of things they start, and they use a lot of cookies on their site. I usually like to do things as soon as they start, so it could have been a conflicting cookie. Who knows? It was very frustrating at the time though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Possibly. I know there were some bugs when it first started, but I didn't hear about people not being able play... Unless it was limited, like MLN's initial Beta test.

It's not neceessarily that I couldn't play. It was almost like there was a large chunk of Flash Code that was missing, because after I'd finish/win the first race, no controls or buttons would work (so I couldn't go to the next race), but hover effects on the buttons worked, and some animations on the "Race Won" screen continued to work. It was very strange.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Possibly. I know there were some bugs when it first started, but I didn't hear about people not being able play... Unless it was limited, like MLN's initial Beta test.

It's not neceessarily that I couldn't play. It was almost like there was a large chunk of Flash Code that was missing, because after I'd finish/win the first race, no controls or buttons would work (so I couldn't go to the next race), but hover effects on the buttons worked, and some animations on the "Race Won" screen continued to work. It was very strange.
I remember something similar happening to us at least once but obviously it was sorted out.Let´s try to keep this related to MLN, though. ;)-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Yeah, I've mentioned several reasons for why I left My LEGO Network in previous conversations in this topic, but I've come to a conclusion on the main reason I was almost forced to quit. Communication was very hard in MLN, because they needed to keep it appropriate. The problem with that though was that it was hard to let others know what I needed the most. When my friend who is also an inactive member here (Aramor) who also went to school with me quit, I had very few people who were at my same level who could help me get the required items. Over time and receiving none of those items, I was practically forced to quit, as there was nothing else that I could get done in the game. Who else agrees that the communication would need to be better if LEGO were to make another "social" game?This example I gave also serves as a very good example of what previous comments have stated, that the rank system should be eliminated, and it should have more campaigns in the game. I'd really love to have done many campaigns for things that I'm sure would make good ones. Things like Power Miners, Castle, Agents, etc would have made great campaigns.Maybe something that LEGO could try (they actually have done this for Rebrick, which I'm proud of), is have "Feedback" buttons where users could give input and/or ideas to the game. This, I feel, would help improve LEGO's online games and services, and would make things like My LEGO Network much more successful.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The communication would definitely need to improve. If they need the pre-written messages (which I understand), there needs to be a greater variety of messages.Such a feedback button should be placed all over LEGO.com, at least where there are games.You know, this discussion is giving me ideas... :rolleyes:-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

I believe so, but you haven't missed anything if you haven't been on in that long. =P

There have been some little things added, like I heard from fellow member Mimaka about a LEGO Games "Dice Quest", in which you can earn a badge for completing all of the games. There hasn't been much that I know of besides that though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I believe so, but you haven't missed anything if you haven't been on in that long. =P

There have been some little things added, like I heard from fellow member Mimaka about a LEGO Games "Dice Quest", in which you can earn a badge for completing all of the games. There hasn't been much that I know of besides that though.
Wasn´t that from 2009, though?EDIT: I guess I shouldn´t have left the tab open for several minutes before replying. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

That was in 2009. =P They haven't added anything since October 2009, besides maybe a couple stickers(I think the Bionicle Stars ones were the last stickers, too...)

Odd, because I 'quit' in 2009, and I had never heard of the Dice Quest thing until last week. :P Maybe I left earlier in 2009...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Tedium, not brainpower. That's MLN for you in a nutshell. :)

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.EDIT: Obviously, I mean the new MLN should be brainpower, not tedium. Sorry for writing such an awkard post. :P-Gata signoff.jpg Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.-Gata signoff.jpg
Actually, the sublimital point was that whatever new social networking game Lego tries in the future should involve brains, not tedium. (I think you were being sarcastic, though, with the exception of the latter comment of late rank tediousness) Edited by fishers64

Exactly. And that´s how the new MLN should be. :D MLN was way too tedious in the late ranks.-Gata signoff.jpg
Actually, the sublimital point was that whatever new social networking game Lego tries in the future should involve brains, not tedium. (I think you were being sarcastic, though, with the exception of the latter comment of late rank tediousness)
I´ve just noticed that I worded my post very, very awkwardly. I meant the new MLN should be brainpower, not tedium. :P Fixing it right now.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png