Series You'd Like to be Made into a Lego Line

Delta Titan Sparta

I don't care too much, 'cause I haven't played with LEGO in years, but Zelda would be cool, provided the DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MAKING A GAME.

Personally I think if Lego were to acquire a Zelda license a Lego Zelda game would be pretty cool, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Lego has not had many video game licenses, but if they did I'd doubt a "game of the theme of the game" would be made. The last thing the content owners would want is for Lego to make a game of their property that would directly compete with the property itself. I imagine this conundrum applies less with things like the Lego Star Wars TV specials, since Star Wars is a large and established franchise, the Lego specials are tonally different, and TV and film are just a medium with more room for variety without having various works have to necessarily compete head to head.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

There are two major categories of franchises I like outside Lego: ones with too much adult material, e.g. Die Hard, The X-Files, The Dresden Files, (as in the books, not the sacrilegious television show), the Cthulhu Mythos, etc.;and ones with no real fans among Lego's target demographic, e.g. Kolchak, The Night Stalker (the original with Darren McGavin), Dark Shadows (again, the original, not Tim and Johnny's Big Mistake: The Movie), Conan the Barbarian, etc. That said, as long as they're doing Superheroes, it would be nice if they'd give us a few lesser known ones, like Doctor Fate or the Question. It would be a simple matter to pair them with a more mainstream character, like they've already done for a few others. If we can have Aquaman and Iron Fist, why not some of the really cool B-listers?Also, I can see Talisman (yeah, it's a board game, but it has several expansions, so I'm calling it a series) being a cool, Castle-esque theme. "Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

Edited by Hastur the Unspeakable

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

There are two major categories of franchises I like outside Lego: ones with too much adult material, e.g. Die Hard, The X-Files, The Dresden Files, (as in the books, not the sacrilegious television show), the Cthulhu Mythos, etc.;and ones with no real fans among Lego's target demographic, e.g. Kolchak, The Night Stalker (the original with Darren McGavin), Dark Shadows (again, the original, not Tim and Johnny's Big Mistake: The Movie), Conan the Barbarian, etc. That said, as long as they're doing Superheroes, it would be nice if they'd give us a few lesser known ones, like Doctor Fate or the Question. It would be a simple matter to pair them with a more mainstream character, like they've already done for a few others. If we can have Aquaman and Iron Fist, why not some of the really cool B-listers?Also, I can see Talisman (yeah, it's a board game, but it has several expansions, so I'm calling it a series) being a cool, Castle-esque theme. "Songs that the Hyades shall sing, / Where flap the tatters of the King / Must die unheard in / Dim Carcosa."

I would like to see an Iron Fist LEGO line.

iwRQGDg.jpg

I don't care too much, 'cause I haven't played with LEGO in years, but Zelda would be cool, provided the DON'T EVEN CONSIDER MAKING A GAME.

Personally I think if Lego were to acquire a Zelda license a Lego Zelda game would be pretty cool, but I doubt such a thing would happen. Lego has not had many video game licenses, but if they did I'd doubt a "game of the theme of the game" would be made. The last thing the content owners would want is for Lego to make a game of their property that would directly compete with the property itself. I imagine this conundrum applies less with things like the Lego Star Wars TV specials, since Star Wars is a large and established franchise, the Lego specials are tonally different, and TV and film are just a medium with more room for variety without having various works have to necessarily compete head to head.

The style of game that LEGO is falls under the "mash buttons to destroy enemies and solve very simple puzzles". Zelda has a bit more thought behind it, and I don't want it ruined by LEGO in any way. The LEGO games aren't serious enough, and, although they were funny, the tone doesn't fit Zelda at all. I couldn't bear to see Zelda fall under the recycled gameplay of the LEGO games (I played through Star Wars, it was awesome, Indiana Jones, it felt old, and Batman, which I gave up on.)

The style of game that LEGO is falls under the "mash buttons to destroy enemies and solve very simple puzzles". Zelda has a bit more thought behind it, and I don't want it ruined by LEGO in any way. The LEGO games aren't serious enough, and, although they were funny, the tone doesn't fit Zelda at all. I couldn't bear to see Zelda fall under the recycled gameplay of the LEGO games (I played through Star Wars, it was awesome, Indiana Jones, it felt old, and Batman, which I gave up on.)

Lego licensed games so far have served as an affectionate parody of the franchises they depict, and I think a tongue-in-cheek Zelda game which called attention to some of the odder aspects of the series like many gaming webcomics do would be pretty cool. And not all of the puzzles in Lego games are simple (at least, not much simpler than Zelda puzzles, at any rate; neither are really on the level of puzzle-focused games like Portal or Myst). And if such a game were made (and again, I doubt it would be), it would in no way replace traditional Zelda titles, any more than Lego Batman prevented Batman: Arkham City. Finally, each of the Lego games, despite sharing the same engine, has its own distinct flavor; a Lego Zelda game could easily include aspects of the series that you feel other Lego games lacked; after all, Lego Rock Band discarded almost every element of traditional Lego games in favor of its namesake's play style, so I see no reason why Lego Zelda couldn't do the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Lego should create their own storyline like how they did with Bionicle and try to appeal with both audiences: Young and old. They just need to do some research on what people like nowadays. It will be a lot of brainstorming, but I bet they can make it through and make their new stuff popular like how they got Bionicle popular.

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

I believe Lego should create their own storyline like how they did with Bionicle and try to appeal with both audiences: Young and old. They just need to do some research on what people like nowadays. It will be a lot of brainstorming, but I bet they can make it through and make their new stuff popular like how they got Bionicle popular. Lehvorak
Well, TLG already has a number of themes popular with audiences young and old; male and female. One of the very notable ones is Ninjago. Granted, it's targeted at a fairly specific audience of young boys, but so was BIONICLE. The chief difference is because of what you mentioned, "research on what people like nowadays". Their research in the late 90s led them to create the epic storyline of BIONICLE; likewise, their research in 2008-2010 led them to create the more lighthearted, cartoony story of Ninjago. Both approaches have their pros and cons-- Ninjago has been criticized by some as being corny, whereas BIONICLE was criticized by some as not being lighthearted, playful fun like a LEGO comic book/movie series/book series should be.

I would say Maximum Ride, but they would mess it up, what with the wings and all (a Total minifig would be awesome). Doctor Who would be cool, but as previously stated by some other peoples, it's already got a theme in a lego knock-off. I would have to say an Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra would be my vote. both of the series were awesome, and LEGO would make a killing, in my opinion. and an SCP series would be epic.

Lets see Doctor Who........ portal. but what i want the most is Starcraft the games awsome and lots of ppl play it so if you find the right way to advertize it then i think it could do well. but i also think that they should really create some more original themes. Also I know this would probably never ever come into consideration but a LU Lego line perhaps?

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

"Lego Pawn Stars." Oh, yeah. :P

Oh, oh, oh, a new and original pirates theme. I suppose they may do another anniversary theme in 2019, but I don't want to wait that long.

Or... Lego Treasure Island? Mmm. Not a series, though... Or: Lego Treasure Planet! Space + Pirates = Awesomeness.

Actually, though, a prehistoric caveman theme would excite me even more than pirates, considering they've never done it. (the Duplo one doesn't count) Any good "series" out there about a prehistoric world? Enough with the lego dinos, give me some smilodons and mammoths! And... a... sloth... *lightbulb*

Lego Ice Age. :blink:

Actually, Dreamworks has several series that would work nicely...

After five long years. . . The Master of Fire is back!

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

A few years ago I would of said Mario or Zelda, but now I would say…something dragon-related. I want to see dragons made of LEGO.

Teen Titans and Halo as Lego themes? Now that'd be great.

Slight problem with Halo, besides it being based on M- and T-rated games: rights for sets are owned by Mega Bloks. *gags*Also, another series I'd like is Jurassic Park. They had the Films sets, but I'd like a series based just on the movies, no cameras and directors. New dinosaur builds would be good.

It could happen. The 4th film in the Jurassic Park franchise will be released in June, although I'm not certain lego would want to do another dinosaur theme so soon after the current one.

Personally I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls theme, though that's probably not very likely.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

They already have Lego Pawn Stars. It just looks like a bin of random assorted parts, though, and I think the only places that stock it are yard sales. :P

Unless you're referring to our own personal bins of spare parts, I'm not sure what you're talking about. :P

Teen Titans and Halo as Lego themes? Now that'd be great.

Slight problem with Halo, besides it being based on M- and T-rated games: rights for sets are owned by Mega Bloks. *gags*Also, another series I'd like is Jurassic Park. They had the Films sets, but I'd like a series based just on the movies, no cameras and directors. New dinosaur builds would be good.

It could happen. The 4th film in the Jurassic Park franchise will be released in June, although I'm not certain lego would want to do another dinosaur theme so soon after the current one.

Personally I'd like to see an Elder Scrolls theme, though that's probably not very likely.

June of next year, FYI. ;) That would be pretty cool, I must admit. So would Lego The Mummy, but that's pushing it given how frightening for kids the first one was.

They already have Lego Pawn Stars. It just looks like a bin of random assorted parts, though, and I think the only places that stock it are yard sales. :P

Unless you're referring to our own personal bins of spare parts, I'm not sure what you're talking about. :P

It was a joke. Have you ever spent a weekend looking at yard sales in the hopes of finding Lego? It's not entirely unlike Pawn Stars, where you'll occasionally find a gem of a set in the midst of less appealing items.

It was a joke. Have you ever spent a weekend looking at yard sales in the hopes of finding Lego? It's not entirely unlike Pawn Stars, where you'll occasionally find a gem of a set in the midst of less appealing items.

Ah. No, actually, I haven't, but mayhaps I should. That would be awesome. We're getting off topic here, though.

How about... Lego Kung Fu Panda? That would be cool. I'd love to see Po, Tigress, Tai-Lung and Chen minifigs.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this has been addressed yet, and I felt the need this out after seeing posts on the front page. Trying to justify Hunger Games Lego with the existance of other franchised licenses is invalid. It's a not difficult to justify your child's toy bearing the likeness of a violent film when much of the violence being portrayed is towards orcs, armoured soldiers/droids, pirates, and Nazi's (don't try to argue the morality of this last one. In the modern day any portayal of violence against Nazi's has basically become fair game.) But when your child friendly product is based on a child's demographic, a bunch of innocent children/teenagers being forced into a violent deathmatch is pretty much as far from the image you want to portay as it can get. There's no dashing heroes triumphing over the wicked bad guys in that scenario. It's a morally complicated story, and the last thing Lego wants/should want to portay in their kid's toy.

Anyway, I think the best Lego themes are original themes, as opposed to licensed, but I think Chronicles of Narnia could be cool. Did it ever get scooped up by a knock-off? I'm not sure...

exo-toa_battle.jpg

Lego Fallout, because the Hero Factory sets would be perfect to make Brotherhood of Steele or Enclave soldiers out of.

I would like to see Lego Transformers, with sets actually transforming into cars and such.

sad thing is, a lego rip off already got the rights for it :/

The Walking Dead

as previously stated, the Walking dead is a bit...violent for people about 6 years of age, who is the main target for lego.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I would like to see Lego Transformers, with sets actually transforming into cars and such.

A LEGO ripoff? You mean Hasbro, the company that makes Transformers and which has been one of TLG's chief competitors for years? Sure, they didn't have their own building toy line until very recently (their bricks are manufactured by a Korean clone brand called Oxford), but there's really not much chance TLG could have acquired a Transformers license even before the release of Kre-O, unless they had some sort of leverage to bring to the table.Of course, this isn't the "what do you think could effectively be made into a LEGO line?" topic. This topic is all about wishes, and as such, there's no requirement that people consider the LEGO brand standards or licensing complications, as long as they're not posting something like "I don't understand why LEGO hasn't done this already".

A LEGO ripoff? You mean Hasbro, the company that makes Transformers and which has been one of TLG's chief competitors for years? Sure, they didn't have their own building toy line until very recently (their bricks are manufactured by a Korean clone brand called Oxford), but there's really not much chance TLG could have acquired a Transformers license even before the release of Kre-O, unless they had some sort of leverage to bring to the table.Of course, this isn't the "what do you think could effectively be made into a LEGO line?" topic. This topic is all about wishes, and as such, there's no requirement that people consider the LEGO brand standards or licensing complications, as long as they're not posting something like "I don't understand why LEGO hasn't done this already".

ah, sorry, must have miss-understood. I had seen it, browsing through the older posts, so I relayed it. sorry >_<

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I don't think this has been addressed yet, and I felt the need this out after seeing posts on the front page. Trying to justify Hunger Games Lego with the existance of other franchised licenses is invalid. It's a not difficult to justify your child's toy bearing the likeness of a violent film when much of the violence being portrayed is towards orcs, armoured soldiers/droids, pirates, and Nazi's (don't try to argue the morality of this last one. In the modern day any portayal of violence against Nazi's has basically become fair game.) But when your child friendly product is based on a child's demographic, a bunch of innocent children/teenagers being forced into a violent deathmatch is pretty much as far from the image you want to portay as it can get. There's no dashing heroes triumphing over the wicked bad guys in that scenario. It's a morally complicated story, and the last thing Lego wants/should want to portay in their kid's toy.

Anyway, I think the best Lego themes are original themes, as opposed to licensed, but I think Chronicles of Narnia could be cool. Did it ever get scooped up by a knock-off? I'm not sure...

I believe I've seen Chronicles of Narnia Mega Bloks. But that was so long ago that it might not matter (recall how Lego lost the Spider-Man movie license to Mega Bloks, or how it acquired the Pirates of the Caribbean license after Mega Bloks was done with it). Of course, realistically, they probably wouldn't obtain that license unless another movie were on the horizon, as with Indiana Jones (which was only acquired in the lead-up to Crystal Skull), or Lord of the Rings (which only became a theme shortly before The Hobbit became a film).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (too mature).

Skullduggery Pleasant (no visual media).

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)