sunflower

An Idea of mine that I've had for over a month, I finally managed to put my idea onto paper. Taking the suggestions and ideas given to me from my last piece of artwork, I tried to compound them all into this one piece. And so, I give you Snelly's BZPRPG character, Skyra, who is, quite possibly, my favorite in the RPG. (After some of my own, of course.) :3

8087478180_7d6b3448ff_t.jpg

(clickyclickylinkclick)

While I wasn't exactly sure what a laser-tipped Katana was supposed to look like, I did my best. :)I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out, beside the few little things that get me...

• Colored using Photoshop, around 3 hours.
  • Sketching about 2 hours.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Looks excellent. The art style somehow reminds me of the more recent Transformers comics- the darker, grittier ones.
Huh, not sure what they look like, but thanks! :) The "grittiness" (I suppose) probably come from the unsharped pencil I was using when sketching. That then translated over to the digital image.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

This is fantastic; The coloring, the highlighting, the shading, it's all wonderful. The flow from emerald, to dark green, to black is perfect, very pleasing to the eye. The rough lines of the body are, in my opinion, what makes this so eye-catching, which brings me to the one and only thing that I have a complaint. The Kanohi. It's smooth, much more so than the body. I don't know if this on purpose, to show that is something worn, not part of Skyra's body, or by accident, but it kinda disruptive to me.9/10. Great stuff, look forward to more.

pNNgXax.jpg

This is fantastic; The coloring, the highlighting, the shading, it's all wonderful. The flow from emerald, to dark green, to black is perfect, very pleasing to the eye. The rough lines of the body are, in my opinion, what makes this so eye-catching, which brings me to the one and only thing that I have a complaint. The Kanohi. It's smooth, much more so than the body. I don't know if this on purpose, to show that is something worn, not part of Skyra's body, or by accident, but it kinda disruptive to me.9/10. Great stuff, look forward to more.
Thanks, man! :)I didn't mean to do it on purpose, however, my scanner seemed to disagree with me on that. :P Both the feet and the Kanohi seemed to be slightly out of focus when I opened it up in Photoshop. And the fuzziness of the lines (I just realized) was from the fact that I moved the image slightly while scanning. *derp*So, lesson learned, and I've got something planned for my next one. (Oh look, my next one is Kirian.):3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Looks excellent. The art style somehow reminds me of the more recent Transformers comics- the darker, grittier ones.
Huh, not sure what they look like, but thanks! :) The "grittiness" (I suppose) probably come from the unsharped pencil I was using when sketching. That then translated over to the digital image.
There may be that too, but I just meant that the story was "grittier", in a sense, and the art used in those comics reflected that. :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

There may be that too, but I just meant that the story was "grittier", in a sense, and the art used in those comics reflected that. :lol:
Ah, okay. Thanks for replying, by the way! :)

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 2 weeks later...

Woah. It's like the vague Toa-shaped colour schemes I imagine everyone in the RPG looking like has taken a more accurate, detailed and generally awesome form!...That's a compliment by the way :PIn all seriousness, this is fantastic. I'm always a fan of glowy bits and movie-style appearances... And Skyra. I love the sort of grainy look, and the layering of the armour (are those squishy organic bits I see?).One thing I might say is that his pose is a bit static. It would be brilliant to see Skyra in a super special awesome box art pose cool.pngSo yeah, great stuff.ps you know you want to do kuhrin <3

Woah. It's like the vague Toa-shaped colour schemes I imagine everyone in the RPG looking like has taken a more accurate, detailed and generally awesome form!...That's a compliment by the way :PIn all seriousness, this is fantastic. I'm always a fan of glowy bits and movie-style appearances... And Skyra. I love the sort of grainy look, and the layering of the armour (are those squishy organic bits I see?).One thing I might say is that his pose is a bit static. It would be brilliant to see Skyra in a super special awesome box art pose cool.pngSo yeah, great stuff.ps you know you want to do kuhrin <3
Thanks, man! :DYes, I'm also a fan of the movie's style, I like the way it combines the "mechanical" with the "organic" together in the characters. And yeah, I tried to add a bit more layering for the armor, ('cause they wear that exra armor over), then just having it all be connected to his body.Poses are one of the things that I'm working on now to perfect, as I got the whole "Bionicle character design" down now. Now, I'm trying to have him leap through your screen and all that good stuff. :Pps i have this strange feeling that i want to do kuhrin... :3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -