Ezorov

When I first started to take drawing seriously at age 12, I drew this *cough* fantastic dragon girl, inspired from a dragon series I read around that time. Two years later I decided to recreate her to see how far I'd come artistically.And finally now, two years after that, I've decided to draw her again. I present to you: Kaidathumbthumb.png(Click the link thing)Sketching to colouring: ~8 HoursComments and critiques always welcome!

bannnnner.png

I think you did a great job here and that Taka Nuvia would probably be proud. I'm not the biggest artist so I'm having a little trouble giving criticism. I like the coloring throughout and that there aren't any disproportional body parts. (such as one arm looking somewhat disfigured) I also really like how her wings are large enough to cover her whole body, which is pretty cool as I usually see these human/dragon pics as having smaller wings.Anyway, you draw very well and if you have more stuff like this, you should totally post it up here Ezorov. =D

Yay, Katie, I finally convinced you to post something else. : DBut seriously this is really good -- that much is obvious. You've come extremely far as an artist from four and even just two years ago (but honestly, you weren't bad even back then). I'm not sure if this is my favorite piece of yours, but it's definitely one of mine as it really is fantastically drawn. And I mean, it's partially dragon. That's instant awesome points right there. Running off of that tangent, I really like all the dragon-esque features on her. The various scars on her body are incredibly cool (and I have like a dozen story ideas for how those got there XD), and I love the inclusion of scorch marks on her -- that especially just adds to the dragon feel. It almost makes me think that there could be a few holes/burn marks on her jeans and blouse, too, but it's great that they're on her skin. Kind of going off of what Michael said, I do really like the wings. I'm not sure if they needed to be quite that big, but I definitely don't think they're too big and they just look really cool. It's often a problem, I think, of having wings that are too small in relation to the body mass. I'm still just trying to not imagine how they protrude from her back, haha. I almost wonder if part of her back (not that we can see it =P) should be red, or her wings be skin-color -- it might make more sense, realistically, that way. But that's just my random musing for how to make it as realistic as possible. The dark red wings look fantastic here (much more so than tan wings would've looked, regardless if they'd be more realistic that way), and I really like the tone of her skin (again, regardless of if it should be red =P). It seems like underneath her skin is really pale, yet with some smokiness, almost like a tan, but not quite. As if her skin is darkened not by the sun, but from fire. I don't know, it just doesn't look tanned or pale to me, and I really like it. The scar above the eye is especially cool, because it looks fresher, and it's obviously fairly bad, which just provokes more story ideas. =P Y'know, I may just have to write a story about this. But anyway, I also like the feet; I know you were having some trouble with them, but I think they ended up quite nice. When you showed me the first sketch of this, I assumed that the hair would be brown (I dunno why =P), and so when I saw the blonde it kind of took me by surprise. But in a good way. I just expected it to be brown, yet it looks really, really good -- even better than brown would. It would've been cool to have had some sort of landscape that she's sitting on, but I know that isn't your forte, and it definitely doesn't distract from enjoying this. Great job again, Katie! I really look forward to seeing your next piece. ^_^ (even if you don't end up posting it here, which you should)newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

• 3 weeks later...

@Quote (Mr. Traveler)

I think you did a great job here and that Taka Nuvia would probably be proud.
I think that right there is the best compliment I've ever received. xD@Velox
I almost wonder if part of her back (not that we can see it =P) should be red, or her wings be skin-color -- it might make more sense, realistically, that way.
I did actually consider this, and while I wanted to…well, like you said, you can't see her back in the first place. So, to satisfy everyone, we can all just pretend I did anyway. : P
The scar above the eye is especially cool, because it looks fresher, and it's obviously fairly bad, which just provokes more story ideas. =P Y'know, I may just have to write a story about this.
You don't know honoured I would be if you did write a story off of this!
It would've been cool to have had some sort of landscape that she's sitting on, but I know that isn't your forte, and it definitely doesn't distract from enjoying this.
Believe me, I did want to--but right, I'm really awful at landscape, and even if I wasn't, I don't have a good enough colouring program to do it well. :/
Great job again, Katie! I really look forward to seeing your next piece. ^_^(even if you don't end up posting it here, which you should)
Anyway, you draw very well and if you have more stuff like this, you should totally post it up here Ezorov. =D
Thank you both muchly for your lovely comments! And yes, I'll be sure to put up more art sometime. ^^

bannnnner.png