League of Legends

Alex Humva

So the last one died without a single response, let's see if this one goes better. Discuss the game here.League of Legends, for those who don't know, is a MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena). If that means nothing to you, think of a gladiatorial setup. You play as a champion with unique abilities, and fight other players in various battle maps. Champions have their own niches, from using their basic attacks to carry the game to soaking up a lot of damage and so forth. It's one of the many successors of the original Warcraft: DOTA moderator.It has a massive competitive scene, the world championship having finished just a few days ago and the winners awarded a smooth million dollars. It currently has more active players than World of Warcraft, and every month a cumulative billion hours are played, making it rather popular. I believe I heard that it's actually the most played online video game, if not the most played video game of all categories, in the world. Farmville may beat it though, if you count it.So yeah. Discuss. If anyone cares, my Summoner name is Humva. It'd be nice to set up a BZP ranked team if there's enough people.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I was rooting for M5, but when they went up against TPA they just didn't adapt to the hard pressuring fast enough. They'll be back for Season 3 though, so I hold confidence they'll do well with this learning experience.But yeah until the world championship they had been undefeated in all tournaments.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

So... how is Kha'Zix? How are you supposed to build him? Should you go bruiser or just a bunch of strong AD items and Trinity Force tossed in with Guardian Angel? Also, he's possibly one of the coolest characters in the game in my opinion. Then again, almost every character relating to the Void is cool :P.

Edited by FrozenFlash

pWPTu7m.jpg

It's a pretty good arena-fighting game, its champions have a lot of variety so there's probably one or two that you'll find in your niche... other than that, I'm not that great of a salesman. It's a good competitive game to burn an hour or two on. It's primarily downside is its toxic community; while the new Honor system has been helping it, you're most likely going get flamed to no end if you do bad, and there's always trolls and afkers that crop up every few games.It's fun, it's competitive, and if you don't mind flamers its alright. It's nothing glorious, but it's free, so the only thing wasted if you don't like it is your time.Kha is a pretty good as an AD champ. I think a Brutalizer early game, then a Bloodthirster and a Yoomsu's works as your basic build.

Edited by Void Prophet Alex Humva

voidstars.png

Kha'zix isn't that strong in the current meta, because he's an assassin. His kit is up front burst, but tankier people will weather it and smash him to the ground, so he has some pretty bad matchups up there, currently. And his jungle is atrocious. W is the worst skill to level up, because it will OOM him so fast.Though I am trying out AD mid Kha'zix. He has flat, low-ish mana costs on his leap and Q, so if you can wait out one of their cooldowns, you pounce their face, autoattack, Q, and keep up the pressure until they run away. Only problem is no CC like Pantheon or Talon, but his burst should work in his favor. His lategame can get pretty terrifying with the refreshing jumps, and his pretty ridiculous scalings. LW, BT and TForce should be core on him, followed by some survivability, so you can smash the carry in teamfights

Edited by Paragon of Demacia

I'd suggest watching commentaries on video watching sites of your choice. There's some good LoL guide sites for good builds, though pretty much all of them I know have commenting systems so I can't exactly discuss them here, so you'd have to find them on your own. There's a guy called Cinderhelm out on the internets who does these "Champion Spotlight Alternatives", which discuss what a champion can do, their strengths, their weaknesses, how to play them, how to fight them. Pretty informative really.Meanwhile, I've been rocking a tank Jayce. I've been going Beserker's Greaves (on a tank? Yeah I know, but it's just so painful to play at .6 attacks per second), swapping them out with tankier boots if need be. Then I build directly into a Trinity Force, which secures my damage dealing for the next century. Basically it soups up my cannon-Q to OP levels, because it procs with sheen and thus the TF, so if I score a successful Q-E combo with a TF on then their health gets eaten very quickly. After a TF there's three options for me; if there's heavy AP I go with a Force of Nature, or if there's AD then I choose between a Frozen Heart or a Thornmail. After that I build a Warmog's, and after that... usually the game doesn't last that long, so it's situational. I got three Warmog's once in a crazy game, which was rather hilarious.

voidstars.png

There me and you differ; Jayce is just so versatile. An AD Jayce is godlike, but I've found that a TF equipped tank Jayce is still deals plenty of damage. I do occasionally do AD Jayce, but tank Jayce is a lot funner IMO. I just like being able to run into the middle of a team, then start dishing out so much damage while they can barely touch me.Really? I was near certain it did, due to the wording and what I've seen ingame.

voidstars.png

Nope, it's not like Ezreal's or Gangplank's Q.Because an AoE 1000 range onhit effect would just be ridiculous.Either way, if you're expecting to tank, then you really should swap out Berserker Greaves for Merc Treads. Tenacity is too good, and you won't be stuck at .6 attack speed anyways, lol. Let your abilities do the talking for you, because your autos will probably do like 40 damage a pop after armor.

Fair enough.I probably should, but I rarely do because usually I simply don't have that much of a problem and can afford to spend my gold on other things. In a nasty game I'd go with MT or NT boots, but usually I can just snowball my way up once I get my TF finished. My auto attacks are pretty strong though, and because of the Phage proc extra attack speed is useful to making sure that 35% slow chance actually takes effect. My point being it's been working wonderfully for me thusfar, so I don't see much of a need to change it up too much.To put it into perspective once I get my full build I believe I'm doing about 100-120 AD per attack after armor reduction. Definitely nothing compared to a Master Yi or Corki, but it's still pretty amazing for the circumstances. If I initiate a full combo on an enemy team I can usually focus down the carry extremely fast (ranged Q-E, pop my ranged W, ult, melee Q to close the distance, three rapid melee attacks, pop melee W, melee E them into a wall, clean them up with my attack damage and speed), after which point I can just go to town on whoever's left. Assuming a proper followthrough from my team and I can tank absurd amounts of damage while dealing so much of my own.

voidstars.png

What is your full build?Because if Trinity Force is your only damage item, you won't be getting 100 damage per autoattack on the bruisers after they build Frozen Heart, Randuin, whatever. If you're doing it to the carry, then you can be sure they'll be doing a lot more to you, should they be 1v1'ing you. If you win because your initial burst combo is too much for them to lifesteal back, then your attack speed won't be doing as much as a ninja Tabi would. That auto-attack damage reduction is worth like 70 armor for a measly 200 gold.Either, it's like you said, your abilities do all the talking for you. You don't win fights by standing there and rightclicking. Leave that to Graves, Vayne, Yi, or Trondimerr (Except the last two are not viable, l0l).

A Trinity into a Frozen Heart/Force of Nature, then a Warmogs.Idunno man, your argument sounds good and I can't find any flaws with it, but at the same time I've been doing this for many many games now and it's been working pretty well.

voidstars.png

A Frozen Heart sounds great because of the mana and cdr (Seriously, that item is probably OP as it is), but you should try grabbing a BT in that build. You'd do so much damage, and they'll be nerfing the base damage on his hammer punt. You also shouldn't need both warmog and FoN. MR and HP serve similar functions: tanking burst.And you do have to shake things up now and then. Things work until they suddenly don't.