Which Has More Tech, Bionicle Or Hero Factory?

fishers64

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Bionicle has not only better technology, but more of it.Allow me to explain:Hero Factory, of course, is based primarily on robotics, and thus it's the more obvious choice for technology. But look deeper and you'll see that it's all just automation.Now take Bionicle. On the surface, it seems less technology-driven and more mythology-driven, especially during its first couple years; yet, beneath that surface is a plethora of technology far beyond anything in Hero Factory. Think about it: In Bionicle, a gigantic automated robot with full life-support capabilities that carried an entire world within its body crash-landed on a planet and created a full-blown island with its camouflage capabilities. There are Kanohi that can change time, open wormholes, and more. Not to mention that while Hero Factory includes robotics, Bionicle includes biomechanics, which, in my opinion, is more high-tech than plain engineering.Thus, my vote goes to Bionicle, even if it's science fantasy rather than science fiction.

Art_Mata_Nui_Space_Travel.jpgTop that, HF!

D:...What's next, begging for someone to come argue with you? Besides, yes, it was a big hulking robot, but it had a soul, which means it was more of a powered shell. Before you guys come at me with "But KNI, it had a power source! And metal! And people inside!" Think about it, it was a world. Less of a robot, more of a big, possessed metal statue that contained little biomechanical people.As evidenced in the Legend Reborn, the soul, Makuta or Mata Nui, powered it from the inside. So what was it? It was a host. No, it couldn't work by itself, it needed a symbiote, a progressive symbiote, to even get the lights working.Most of the "tech" was powered by the elements, and in the very root of the word "technology," it puts HF to shame as far as how it works. Not to say it had more.Don't confuse "Heck of a lot better," with "More or more common."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Hero FactoryEverything there is some form of technology.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

I have two reasons why I feel HF has more tech: 1. Bionicle is Science Fantasy; its biggest tech, as KNI said, is not powered by anything remotely scientific. Rather, Mata Nui's body resembles a golem-a golem with shiny armor, rockets, etc. to be sure, but still a golem.2. Hero Factory's characters and most settings are completely or near-completely made out of technology. Bionicle's chars are only mostly tech, and are still biomechanical, and that's not to mention how something like 70% at the least of Bionicle takes place in a high-tech, futuristic place. -The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Come on, the Bionicle deities(Great Beings) aren't scientists for nothing!

How many heroes stand 40,000,000 feet tall?

How many heroes stand 40,000,000 feet tall, turn into islands when they take naps, fly around the universe, and are a universe themselves? Edited by Makuta Dralcax

aouROFb.png

I'm curious as to where the debate in this is...? Bionicle was usually a blend of the mechanical and biological, but Hero Factory is 100% mechanical. It doesn't seem like something up for debate?What exactly is the question here? What is the merit of this topic? Why should I let it stay open?

bring back "an cool dude"

To ask a legitimate, open question and spur discussion on a random topic.What's new.

But what what's legitimate about the question? It seems like something that's merely quantifiable - not something up for debate or discussion, or even something to form opinions about. Your choice of "random" seems apt - and randomness is generally something that falls into the territory of spam. I guess the issue at hand is that I'm not seeing much of a point to this thread.
bring back "an cool dude"

Smeag. You have the best Post rank I have ever seen, hands down. But I agree, I don't really see the debate about hat is more technological- BIONICLE is mystic, Organic, Robotic hybrids, HERO FACTORY is entirely Robots. That's it.

Edited by Field Marshal RMN

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

It really depends on how you define more tech. Bionicle had a giant robot big enough to house an entire world, and incredibly advanced technology. Hero's factory's main characters are robots, and it sems most civilians are too. I said hero factory, because it there isn't any much techno-organic stuff. It seems most of the world is robotic.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

• 2 weeks later...

The Hero Factory world is COMPOSED of tech.Though the Great Beings made many big technological advancemnts, you have to remember that they used many of Spherus Magna's plants, inhabitance, and animals as templets to make the Great Spirit Robot we know and love.Hero Factory didn't nearly have as much templates as the Great Beings did, so therefore their work is considered more "original" and less focused on what has already been created.

Seems legit.

comet.jpg

Who wants to play Kolhii?

I like Bionicle more, but when it comes to technology, Hero Factory beats Bionicle, especially with the weapons. Watch the Hero Factory animated shorts and you'll see for yourself.~:haunu: VM4.0 :haunu:

Vakama Montana's Chronicles: The Official Blog of V.M.Torious 4.0!
BZP Member V.M.Torious 4.0 (formerly Vakama Montana0111), a.k.a. Lego Club/MLN Member Vakama4688.
mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My vote goes to Bionicle, hands down.(1) Firstly, we know about much more tech in Bionicle. This is obviously because the story has been running longer. But also, the story was largely explained forms of technology. HF shows pictures crawling with metallic greebles, but it doesn't take the time to point out what each thing is.(2) IMO, the "magiscience" as some have called it is really the greatest form of technology imaginable. Kanohi and Kanoka may seem unexplained and "magical," and most inhabitants of the MU probably didn't understand how it worked. But the Great Beings made everything, and they probably knew everything about the "magiscience."(3) Most technology in HF is basically the same, robots. Sure there is A LOT of it, but that doesn't mean that each individual one is a separate form of technology. Tech in the MU differs greatly from region to region.(4) I haven't seen anything in HF that Bionicle doesn't have. Robots? There are many MU examples of robotic tech. Space ships? The only reason we haven't seen many is because inhabitants of the MU are supposed to remain confined there. The MU as a whole is one enormous space ship though. The real difference here is that the hero factory universe wallows in creations built with the tech they do have, but that doesn't mean they have a lot of tech.~Roablin

banner.png