Names And A Certain Green Cloud

Erebus

I bear disappointing news.

The
  1. disappeared when I moved my office in my house and I don't know where it is.The odds of finding one piece of paper in the mountain of boxes that constitutes my new office right now is extremely remote, and with all the work I have to do, I don't have time to go searching.And to be honest, the good names on it have been used. What was left was the names I really didn't like much.I have asked Greg if perhaps Legal has a copy. Unfortunately, he doubts they do. He also doesn't believe they have time to find it.The only other solution I have thought about was reassigning the name that was given to The Shadowed One, since Greg has no intention of sharing the name with us because of the backlash he received for naming the Makuta of Metru Nui. To no one's surprise, Greg doesn't remember the name so we'll have to wait until he does. Don't hold your breath.As a result of this loss, Greg cannot assign a name to the Golden Fusion.-------What was that green cloud that plunged into the Energized Protodermis tank to form the Golden Fusion being?

Zaktan

Despite the bad news, he's still willing to answer questions we have for him. So go ahead and drop of a question or two here as I will be chatting with him very soon.

Edited by Erebus
  • Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

It's interesting to know, but not suprising, to see that Zaktan was a part of that Golden Being, but that raises one question: How did he cheat death?

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Not surprised at all. With Makuta essence ruled out, how many other green clouds do we know?

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, all those times that I was convinced that Zaktan was not that green cloud were for nothing. :PAnyway, this could show that the function of the Red Star could still have been working. That would've explained him coming back to life after Teridax killed him.Another theory I thought about was that maybe Teridax didn't kill Zaktan, but somehow teleported him elsewhere and tricked the Toa Hagah and other beings around them into thinking that he killed Zaktan. I believe that maybe Teridax could've used his mental powers to accomplish this. I'm not sure if he could've broken though an OoMN agent's mental shield while the MU wasn't awakened yet, but if he could've, then that would explain why everyone saw him die but in reality he was teleported somewhere else. Then maybe Teridax and Zaktan could've make a deal of some sort that made Zaktan want to go into that pool of Energized Photodermis. (Or maybe the Makuta planted the idea into Zaktan's mind, like he did to all the Piraka with the Ignika.) Either one of these could explain why he went into that pool.These are all just my personal theories. Feel free to punch holes in them if you see them. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Like everybody's saying, not surprised. It was difficult to imagine any alternatives, heh.

As a result of this loss, Greg cannot assign a name to the Golden Fusion.
But couldn't he assign something more similar to "The Shadowed One", or many other DH code names, that would be more attractive than merely "Golden Fusion" or fan nicknames like Goldiflocks?Not really sure I WANT one, it's nice to have a guy who's so mysterious we don't know what to call him, but still. It could be like "Man in Black" with LOST; he has an official nickname but not a name name. And the fan names, even just Golden Fusion don't IMO sound very mysterious. Something more poetic and official sounding might actually improve the feel of the character. (For example, it could be something that one of the Toa Nuva might decide to nickname it, and that nickname might catch on with the populace.) Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wow. Zaktan. Like we haven't already known that since Greg said it wasn't Antidermis. Not even surprised on that one.

As for the names being lost... That might be part of the reason for no story updates. No new characters=no new experiences. Understandable.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

So even if the serials come back, no new characters? *sigh*

Nice to have confirmation regarding Zaktan's survival. :) I wonder why he didn't die though?

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

wow to think it is zaktan i must say i am not surprised. almost kinda of hoped it might have been a member of johmaks species with green armor instead of black armor but zaktan is good too. now the question is how did he survive

ok i must say i'm not understanding the deal with the list of names so if someone could explain it to me i would be appreciative because i really don't understand.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Greg lost the list when moving house. As a result, he cannot make any new characters or name any nameless ones.
ah thank u that makes more sense now.
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

It's interesting to know, but not suprising, to see that Zaktan was a part of that Golden Being, but that raises one question: How did he cheat death?

-Tomdroidser

He's been blown up before. I take it Makuta didn't necessarily know he could still split into protodites in his mutated form and thought blasting him to bits would be enough. Zaktan was smart enough not to just put himself back together right away, so everyone just assumed it worked and he was dead.

I would assume that Zaktan probably cheated death in a similar way to when he survived the Shadowed One. There is something mysterious about him that has never been explained. Perhaps Spiriah did something to him that was not done to the other Skakdi.

How well will you die?

Two things here:First off... I personally feel that the golden being should have (at the very least) an official nickname, like the Shadowed One or other Dark Hunters.Secondly...

I actually knew (or suspected) it was Zaktan. Why?-Greg confirmed that it was not Antidermis. And it was a green cloud...-Zaktan "died" by explosion. His Protodites have been proven to be, on the whole, resistant to a number of things. The explosion would likely have dispersed him and killed some protodites, but Zaktan could have easily lived.-My theory on Zaktan's ambient Skakdi ability is either that he didn't have any (but had some kind of different mutation that was caused by the Shadowed One's eyebeams), or that he had some kind of limited "return after death" power. However, the Shadowed One's eyebeams turned him into dust, so the only way he could return within the bounds of his power was... each mote of dust becoming a new being.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

-My theory on Zaktan's ambient Skakdi ability is either that he didn't have any (but had some kind of different mutation that was caused by the Shadowed One's eyebeams), or that he had some kind of limited "return after death" power. However, the Shadowed One's eyebeams turned him into dust, so the only way he could return within the bounds of his power was... each mote of dust becoming a new being.
That actually makes... a lot of sense. Not that it matters, but as possible correlating evidence, we already know that multiple Skakdi had some sort of regeneration-related powers (e.g. Reidak's, and also Vezok's to some extent).

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

We all knew it was Zaktan. :P

Children, take this a lesson to BACK UP YOUR WORK! If you have only one copy and you lose it, it's gone for good.

Edited by Makuta_of_Oz

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

It's nice to have confirmation on Zaktan - I've been suspecting it for quite some time. Unfortunately, this pretty much means we'll never see Zaktan again, unless he managed to overpower the other Piraka and his brain is in control of the whol golden being.

That kinda sucks with the names, but just from the nature of the golden skinned being, his mental image in my head has always been that of Irnakk.-ibrow

That kinda sucks with the names, but just from the nature of the golden skinned being, his mental image in my head has always been that of Irnakk.
Maybe with a more lizardy face. And less balls in his chest.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

We all knew it was Zaktan. :P

Children, take this a lesson to BACK UP YOUR WORK! If you have only one copy and you lose it, it's gone for good.

I think part of the reason why he only had one paper copy is the possible chance of spoilers coming from an electronic file, like what has happened with other stories and games.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Like Velika, this came as a surprise and a shocker. :P Good to know for fanfics, however.

The names thing doesn't bother me too much, because: 1) Greg may find it someday, and2) He doesn't seem to need new names to write much of this anyway. But this is coming from a person who the loss, should it be about my own writing, would leave me positively unglued and send me searching through the boxes until I found it, so yeah.

Edited by fishers64

Can't say I'm entirely surprised, but I'm happy to finally have my suspicions confirmed. I'm not sure how to feel about all of these little tidbits of revelations being released slowly. I love getting the answers to so many questions, but I'm slowly continuing to lose hope, at the same time, that Greg will ever continue the story. I really do hope that the list pops up at some point when he's going through his stuff so we may be able to get a name for the Golden Fusion.- :t::l::h:

My theory is this; we all know that Zaktan was an evil genius, there was nothing possible he could do to help himself that he didn't do. Perhaps before went into the pit he separated some of his protodites from himself and didn't bring them all into the pit, as a precaution. Or it could just be the Red Star, which supports my other theory about the Red Star, that it didn't work while the Mata Nui robot was asleep, but it did while it was awake.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5700 - My new epic revealing the life of the interesting character we all wish we could have known better before he left us, Karzahni.

My theory is this; we all know that Zaktan was an evil genius, there was nothing possible he could do to help himself that he didn't do. Perhaps before went into the pit he separated some of his protodites from himself and didn't bring them all into the pit, as a precaution. Or it could just be the Red Star, which supports my other theory about the Red Star, that it didn't work while the Mata Nui robot was asleep, but it did while it was awake.

It worked while he was asleep because Mavrah died while he was asleep.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

It's nice to have confirmation on Zaktan - I've been suspecting it for quite some time. Unfortunately, this pretty much means we'll never see Zaktan again, unless he managed to overpower the other Piraka and his brain is in control of the whol golden being.

That kinda sucks with the names, but just from the nature of the golden skinned being, his mental image in my head has always been that of Irnakk.-ibrow

If he hasn't yet, I don't think it's gonna happen. Though that would be pretty cool. ;)

No need for spoilers on this anymore. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, I'm honestly not sure what to make of this. I'm torn between favoritism and idealism. Zaktan was always my favorite villain after he trumped the Irnakk projection on the 777 stairs, but I sure wish someone would stay dead. The Red Star thing didn't faze me too much at first, but with Zaktan cheating death even in his pit-mutant form... I'm starting to get a little irked. But if his mind is in control of the fusion... I'm so glad he's back! But it goes against my ideals, but I like him, but my ideals, but he's back, but...See what I mean? I'm totally torn!

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.

• 3 weeks later...

It worked while he was asleep because Mavrah died while he was asleep.

Well... For now we will say Mavrah "died."

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.