Football

Mr. Fluffy

Dear Ravens franchise,Please get a Torrey Smith jersey up for sale already. Sure he's a rookie, but this guy deserves it. His life up until now, and catches like that, there's no reason after he gets us that win not to have a jersey with number 82 for me to buy.Thank you dearly,A very, very happy Ravens fan

baltimore_ravens.png

That was a great game last night, I still can't believe that last second catch by Smith wide open in the endzone like that... But I have to give credit to you guys for coming back after that bomb to Wallace. :)

I won't lie, it looked all too familiar when Roethlisberger threw that touchdown. I thought Baltimore was going to lose another game in Pittsburgh.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

That touchdown Roethlisberger threw was ridiculous. But that's what we all expect from him each week. The important thing is how do both teams respond next week? Because the Ravens do have a problem of losing after big wins and the Steelers can't let themselves fall into a slump going into the bye.

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

That touchdown Roethlisberger threw was ridiculous. But that's what we all expect from him each week.The important thing is how do both teams respond next week? Because the Ravens do have a problem of losing after big wins and the Steelers can't let themselves fall into a slump going into the bye.

The steelers can't afford to lose again! Not with the way Cincy is playing!

I had Jamaal Charles, too. But I was actually able to pick up Fred Jackson off the waiver wire (don't ask me how he got there). He's getting like 20 points per game. Maybe next year we could set up a BZPower Fantasy Football league.-don't touch my pocket protector

I'd be cool with that...I'm in 3 different leauges somewhere else and I'm 5-4, 4-5 and 7-0! (Last one we started late)So yeah I'm on average not very good.

Xbox 360 Gamertag: PetaPanSpartan

I play Halo Reach, Halo 3 and MW3 online.

halo_4.png

Well the one i was 3-5 but Carson Palmer came through!! (It's a really deep leauge...4-5 is a 20 team leauge, 5-4 is a 12 team leauge and 7-0 is a 4 team leauge with my friends...But that one has one extra position each position like 2 QBs 3 RBs etc.)

halo_4.png

Well, at this point, I'd say it's starting to be clear who the year's power players are. As much as I hate to push it off a year, maybe wait until a little before next preseason, once rookies have been drafted and free agents have been signed?

baltimore_ravens.png

That'd work. :PThis fantasy season has been weird. I was favored to win my division. :/All my players have sucked(except Fred Jackson, Tony Romo, and my two TE'S). D:But I've been trying to make some trades(I had Cam Newton, and Stafford as backup QB's). Only been able to trade off Newton for Anquan Boldin.

I picked up Cam Newton in two leagues after Week 1 and I've been sooooo happy. If there is a BZPower fantasy league I'd probably be good for joining. Five leagues this time around: 7-2, 7-2, 7-2, 4-5 (I thought CJ2K and Reggie Wayne would do fine but they had other ideas), and 6-3. In the first league one of the losses is by 3 points to a guy who has McCoy, Welker, Rodgers, and Forte and the other is when Peterson, Rice, and Foster decided to collectively choke.

Edited by Fresh Makuta of Bel-Air

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I drafted Wayne. >.<But one dude drafted Manning EARLY. Like round 2. Sucks to be him.

Wow thats really sad...:PBut yeah not as bad as what I did in my 3-5 leauge... I gave up Arian Foster for 3 busts! (Kevin Kolb, Sidney Rice and Jammal Charles) And Freddy Jackson for Pitts D and Curtis Painter. (This isn't as bad as I had New England's D)I am still mad about it.

halo_4.png

I drafted Wayne. >.<But one dude drafted Manning EARLY. Like round 2. Sucks to be him.

Wow thats really sad...:PBut yeah not as bad as what I did in my 3-5 leauge... I gave up Arian Foster for 3 busts! (Kevin Kolb, Sidney Rice and Jammal Charles) And Freddy Jackson for Pitts D and Curtis Painter. (This isn't as bad as I had New England's D)I am still mad about it.
I also drafted Rice. :/Almost all my original picks busted.

:kaukau:For the life of me, I still don't understand the rules of football,although my understanding is steadily growing. I bought my first football jersey yesterday on the way to school. It's of the college that I'm currently considering going to. Anyway, I've learned that I love jerseys. When I wore matching under armor with it, it looks really manly, and it's also really comfortable because it's so long. And it looks even more American than baseball hats, which is a good thing since I'm American. The cool thing is that I can wear it while roughing around. Even though I'm typically a bow tie person, I think I can also grow a fondness for football jerseys.Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

Wow thats really sad... :PBut yeah not as bad as what I did in my 3-5 leauge... I gave up Arian Foster for 3 busts! (Kevin Kolb, Sidney Rice and Jammal Charles) And Freddy Jackson for Pitts D and Curtis Painter. (This isn't as bad as I had New England's D)I am still mad about it.
Yeah...I got really messed up not getting a QB until David Garrard (SP?) and Josh Morgan going on IR as well...I have McGhee from the Jackson trade though! (Forgot about him)

halo_4.png

Wow thats really sad... :PBut yeah not as bad as what I did in my 3-5 leauge... I gave up Arian Foster for 3 busts! (Kevin Kolb, Sidney Rice and Jammal Charles) And Freddy Jackson for Pitts D and Curtis Painter. (This isn't as bad as I had New England's D)I am still mad about it.
Yeah...I got really messed up not getting a QB until David Garrard (SP?) and Josh Morgan going on IR as well...I have McGhee from the Jackson trade though! (Forgot about him)
I traded Jamaal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall for McFadden and Ray Rice, so that worked out well for me. :P

Well, Boise State and Stanford lost this week (Boise State was a dramatic game, and Stanford was KILLED by Oregon). Looks like LSU, Bama, and Oklahoma State are the top dogs now.Blast! The Patriots pretty much manhandled the Jets. Also, the Packers are looking unstoppable. Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous!That's this week's football highlights. Tune in next week!

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Could someone please explain Tim Tebow to me?I'm not trying to deride him - on the contrary, I like Tim Tebow. I'm a fan of an AFC team, so I don't want him in the superbowl, since that means I'm not(Though I would love to see how they do against Aaron "Best passer in the game" Rodgers now that he's starting Denver. The man with the golden arm vs. the Bronco's Boy Wonder!), but whether it's because I like seeing Willis McGahee on a winning team, because there's something inexplicably endearing about Tebow, or anything else, I like seeing that the Broncos beat somebody in the game ticker on the bottom.However it seems like he's always playing when the Ravens are, so I've never actually seen him play, and as such, I just can't figure out how the heck it's even possible for a quarterback to go two-for-eight and still win. Can someone please enlighten me?

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

• 4 weeks later...

Tebow just needs to be destroyed this week...Also, I'm kinda worried about Big Ben!! And since the Steelers have no true RB to rely on, and Leftwich with a broken arm...Stellers would have to rely on Batch and Mendenhall.So Pitt's D is gonna need to step it up this week!!Also (again :P) how about Todd Graham leaving PITT?? I never liked him but I'm mad he left.

halo_4.png

Steelers are playing San Fran. On any other week it'd be an easy call for Pittsburgh to me, but not only is Harrison out, the 49ers have the best run defense in the league, and if you can't run the ball and your center and quarterback both have high ankle sprains, especially against a defense that, unlike the Browns, get sacks on a regular basis, I think they could pull an upset.

baltimore_ravens.png