Hero Factory Books Discussion Topic

Aanchir

I haven't seen much discussion of the Hero Factory Secret Mission series by Greg Farshtey except conversations I've initiated... and that goes not only for BZPower but also anywhere else I go for online discussion. Have you read the two Secret Mission books that have been released so far (The Doom Box and Legion of Darkness)? And if not, what's keeping you?I thoroughly recommend this series for anyone who's a fan of either Hero Factory or the BIONICLE books by Greg Farshtey, as they're easily the same quality as the BIONICLE books and far superior to any other Hero Factory media to date as far as story is concerned.Chapter Books

51zEmOcaQLL.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory Secret Mission #1: The Doom Box was released September 1, 2012 and tells the story of Core Hunter's attempt to assemble the pieces of an ancient weapon called the Doom Box, which once assembled would have the potential to destroy the entire galaxy. The Heroes of Alpha 1 Team pursue Core Hunter across various planets, but find themselves thwarted at every turn. Over the course of the adventure, the Heroes face Core Hunter himself, a fearsome space creature, and a powerful ancient figure with ambiguous intentions. And not everyone lives to the end of the story.

51JavN3xM4L._SS500_.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory Secret Mission #2: Legion of Darkness was released October 1, 2012. Furno is reviewing the data files on the villains who escaped in the mass breakout, and finds that several were involved in a classified mission from the early days of Hero Factory. Asking Bulk why the mission was classified, the veteran hero tells Furno the story of how he, Stringer, Stormer, and Von Ness aided their team leader Thresher in striking fear into the hearts of the galaxy's villains. But one villain, Black Phantom, came up with a plan to take the Hero Factory down by forming a team of powerful villains called the Legion of Darkness. By the end of the story, a new villain has been created and the Hero Factory has come closer to its permanent destruction than it has in any other adventure, at the hands of the last person anyone would suspect of such a deed.

51NINW170LL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory Secret Mission #3: Collision Course will be released on January 1, 2013. We have no details on its plot, and we probably shouldn't draw any conclusions from the synopsis on Amazon (which is a generic preliminary synopsis that's been featured for pretty much all of the books, and really only applies to the first) or from the cover image (which seems like it just uses visuals from upcoming sets, just as the previous two books used 2012 visuals-- this topic isn't for discussing those, though).

51gOyLErH8L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory Secret Mission #4: Robot Rampage will be released on March 1, 2013. The same things I stated for the above novel also apply here.

51TIg2CTNTL._SS500_.jpg

LEGO Hero Factory Secret Mission #5: Mirror World will be released on May 1, 2013. We have no further details on it.Young Readers Books

51Y79lmtg-L._SS500_.jpg51Jt-tmngkL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

The level two reader LEGO Hero Factory: Meet the Heroes and the level 3 reader LEGO Hero Factory: Heroes in Action were both written by Shari Last, published by Dorling Kindersley, and released April 30, 2012. I don't know too much about these books, but they don't really interest me at all because unlike the BIONICLE readers by Scholastic, these just use TV episode screenshots and/or official images of the sets rather than gorgeous hand-drawn illustrations.On July 15, 2013 Dorling Kindersley will be releasing two more readers, LEGO Hero Factory: The Alien Wars and LEGO Hero Factory: Alien Attack, though I'm not expecting much more of them than those already released. You're welcome to speculate about next year's story based on the titles, though I don't think that belongs in this topic.OtherFinally, on July 15, Dorling Kindersley will also be releasing a LEGO Hero Factory Ultimate Sticker Collection. The quality of their Ultimate Sticker Collections for other themes has been great, so anyone interested in that kind of thing might be looking forward to that.So that's the deal. I have the first two Secret Mission books, so if anyone has any questions, you're welcome to ask. But I thoroughly encourage you to buy the Secret Mission stories for yourselves and experience Hero Factory like never before. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Hmm.. nex(or bulk) and furno 2013 look intresting.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I've read the doom box and its a great book. It also delves deep into core hunters personality. My only complaint is that Xt4 and Thornraxx are the only villians left who haven't been recaught. Still its good book and its cheap too. Pick it up if you find it. I plan on getting legion of darkness if I can find it.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Hey. So. HS01 still exists. If anybody got dem books, the pages could use some updating.
If I had the books (and time), I'd help out, but I can't really do that at the current time. Possibly in December I'll be able to update pages if it hasn't been done by then. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hey. So. HS01 still exists. If anybody got dem books, the pages could use some updating.
Amen to that. I've gotten Thresher and Black Phantom's articles pretty much up-to-date with the most current info, but I'm really really bad at writing wiki articles. Yes, I can write comprehensive articles, but I end up writing them far longer than they have any need to be, spending the same amount of time updating one page as a better wiki editor might be able to spend on two or three.

I've read both The Doom Box and Legion of Darkness - preferred The Doom Box myself. It was nice to see Surge have a shining moment over everyone else in the VERY FIRST BOOK. You have no idea how happy that made me.Legion of Darkness... well, it was nice to get to know some more of Von Ness's past. The next two books look interesting.-ibrow

...at the hands of the last person anyone would suspect of such a deed.
William Stormer? :PYeah, I love these books. And they've been all I've had to satisfy my Greg craving, since many of his most recent Ninjago stories haven't made it to U.S. shores (despite the U.S. being where he writes them in the first place! mad.gif). Anyway, I can't wait to see what next year's books have in store!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have yet to read any of these. What stores would I be able to find them in?

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Hmm. Haven't read any of these yet, but I might, if they're as good as you say. :lol:... Especially LoD, if it explains specifically how Von Ness became Von Nebula.

It doesn't. It takes place before Von Ness abandoned Stormer and Thresher. However, it does elaborate on some of the character traits of Von Ness that helped to facilitate his turn.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother