MH-91 "Dvojka"

J6Crash

This has been in the works for a while and I recently got the pieces I needed to finish it, so I now present the Smooth Industries MH-91 "Dvojka" starfighter.resized.jpgBottomSideBackGallery (when public)The bottom is obviously not good and the back isn't much better, but there's not much I can do about that. I've tried.CC appreciated.

Edited by Black Six

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reminds me of the stuff you see in games like "Ratchet and Clank", which is pretty nostalgic to me :'). I really like it... The bottom could use some work but the rest is very sleek and I love the colors you used. BTW, that red 1X6 bow brick in the back could use something (a rudder or fin?) on the empty studs to give it some more character, but that's merely an aesthetic suggestion which you need not take too seriously :P Overall, pretty cool. Well done.:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I have only three complaints: The gold clashes with the yellow, so I think black tubing is in order there. The Rahkshi heads don't fit in extremely well with the HF armor around them, but I can't think of any better pieces offhand. And I think the studs on the fins don't look great, but again I haven't got any solutions, so I'm not much help.Apart from those, most very well played. The body has some brilliant angles and the cockpit is particularly well integrated with the HF leg armor. And I love the tubes, because they emphasize the effect. Great work - good BIONICLE/HF spaceships are fairly rare, and this is very refreshing.

I have only three complaints: The gold clashes with the yellow, so I think black tubing is in order there. The Rahkshi heads don't fit in extremely well with the HF armor around them, but I can't think of any better pieces offhand. And I think the studs on the fins don't look great, but again I haven't got any solutions, so I'm not much help.Apart from those, most very well played. The body has some brilliant angles and the cockpit is particularly well integrated with the HF leg armor. And I love the tubes, because they emphasize the effect. Great work - good BIONICLE/HF spaceships are fairly rare, and this is very refreshing.
I do agree about the tubing, but there isn't much I can do about it. My two pieces of black tubing are too short for the long part, and I don't have any 2 units long. Silver looks terrible so gold is really my only option. It doesn't look that bad so I figured I'd go for it. I did a quick mask in Photoshop, though, and you're probably right; the black tubes would probably be the best optionAbout the Rahkshi heads: I agree but again, not much I can do about that. I was stuck on that spot for a long time. They're basically the only piece that would fill in the HF leg armor.Studs: again not much that can be done about that, as far as I know.Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

I do agree about the tubing, but there isn't much I can do about it. My two pieces of black tubing are too short for the long part, and I don't have any 2 units long. Silver looks terrible so gold is really my only option. It doesn't look that bad so I figured I'd go for it. I did a quick mask in Photoshop, though, and you're probably right; the black tubes would probably be the best optionAbout the Rahkshi heads: I agree but again, not much I can do about that. I was stuck on that spot for a long time. They're basically the only piece that would fill in the HF leg armor.Studs: again not much that can be done about that, as far as I know.Thanks for the feedback, guys.
Yeah, it's hardly fair for me to criticise those aspects when I can't think of better ideas myself. Although one other solution to the gold tubing problem could be changing the yellow pieces to grey ones. It might not look amazing but there would be less of a clash.

Yeah, it's hardly fair for me to criticise those aspects when I can't think of better ideas myself. Although one other solution to the gold tubing problem could be changing the yellow pieces to grey ones. It might not look amazing but there would be less of a clash.
Thanks for coming back to reply, you don't see that very often around here.I made a few quick masks in Photoshop to look at colors and the grey looked terrible. I didn't save the grey versions, but I did upload a few of the better looking theoretically possible color combos. Here they are. Please forgive the lackluster Photoshop skills they demonstrate. The only one I can do with my current parts selection is the gold tubes with white highlights, but I figured I'd save them all for your benefit.Everyone else: thank you for your input.

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

I've been watching this thing go along on BShelf, great to finally see it finished!The shaping on this thing is amazing. The top of this looks stunning, the combination of the Ben10 foot, the cockpit, and the rest make for a nice main flow. As mentioned, the Rahkshi head isn't too fitting. Perhaps a size 3 HF Shell might work, but I'm not too sure how it would fit. The guns are really neat and were nicely executed. The back turbines are great, aside from small gaps which really can't be fixed too easily. The bottom could also use some work.Overall, this ship is a really nicely built! :)

Edited by Daiker

doom4revalt.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading through brickeens' response and your ensuing conversation, I have a fery drastic suggestion.Replace the red rahkshi head with the newer silver bits -- I think they started as shoulder pads on matoro mahri, if you know what I'm talking about.Then the pipes get swapped out for silver ones and the yellow accents become grey.And then, and this up to your discretion, you add in a touch more silver wherever.Obviously this is very drastic and it totally ruins the mostly red look at you were clearly going for, so it's up to you; this is just a humble suggestion from yours truly.As for the studs on the wings, I've got no other suggestion than flat panels. They're a little dull though, I feel like there's a vastly superior and more imaginative solution out there, I just can't think of it right now.Honestly though, this is brilliant. I was working on a similar vehicle earlier and I realized just how difficult it is to maintain a consisten vision through the whole thing, so kudos to you there.

{Z}

• 2 weeks later...

This is awesome! The colors remind me of the good 'ol Grand Titan (For those of you who don't know what that is, it's an exo-force set). I think the yellow looks fine on the tubes, contrary to brickeens, but if it really bugs you, you could always just remove them all together (the black underneath would look fine), or use black axle spacers (though I am aware that they are rare, I've only got two of my own). I also feel like there's a need for some sort of flames or energy spitting out from behind the engines, it'd make it feel even more real. It'd also look great with some more system pieces to give it more of a blend. Overall, fantastic job, I'm mostly just giving ideas that could make it even better :D