Coming Soon: Promos

Voltex

1_-_lewa_mata_promo_copy.jpg

Lewa Mata - Evo - Furno - Surge - Rocka - ???

This is a serious of promotional images I will be releasing every five days this month (beginning today, of course) to promote the release of my upcoming story The Afterwords. I hope that these interest you enough to check out the story when it is released, but I will be just as happy if you simply enjoy these as pieces of art and offer some critique.First up is Lewa Mata - in the story he is the "ruler" of the sets, hence the slogan at the top. When I saw the image of him swinging through the jungle, I thought it might be a neat idea to change it as if he were swining on the vine with fire in the background instead. The end result is something I'm not so sure those who have viewed these so far truly respect, but I like it - I used both inner and outer glows for the first time to make it seem as he is heating up from the flames. For reference, THIS is the image of Lewa Mata used in the creation of this promo.I hope you all enjoy it - critique is very welcome and will be very appreciated. I'll see you all again this Saturday, November 10th, for the release of the Evo Promo.-ibrow

Edited by iBrow Voltex

Lewa in fire? That's a new one. Does that have any significance in your story, or does it just look cool?
Mostly symbolic. Lewa has "raged through the house like a fire" after a big war and taken total control in what was supposed to be a democratic type of setup. He's also turned out to be in league with several characters who burned everything to the ground recently.But also because it looks cool. And it is new, which is cooler.-ibrow Edited by iBrow Voltex

Looks pretty good. I may have to check out the story when you release it. As for the artwork itself, It looks very well done, especially the fire. I have one complaint, though. Look at the eye/mouth holes in his mask--The jungle/green is still showing through them. That part should have been replaced by fire as well. Otherwise, looks good!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Looks pretty good. I may have to check out the story when you release it. As for the artwork itself, It looks very well done, especially the fire. I have one complaint, though. Look at the eye/mouth holes in his mask--The jungle/green is still showing through them. That part should have been replaced by fire as well. Otherwise, looks good!signoffffff.png
Well spotted - I'm actually surprised that I didn't notice that. I'm also surprised that my pre-view viewers I used to spot last minute changes that needed to be made didn't mention this... I'll have to chat with them. =P -ibrow

Well spotted - I'm actually surprised that I didn't notice that. I'm also surprised that my pre-view viewers I used to spot last minute changes that needed to be made didn't mention this... I'll have to chat with them. =P -ibrow
It actually took me a few moments of looking at it to notice it at all. The greens just blend so well it's hard to tell at first.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

2_-_evo_promo_copy.jpg

Well, it has been five days - and as promised, here is the second promo, featuring Evo!

This is actually my least favourite of the promos, aside from perhaps Surge - Evo looks like he's just floating there. One thing I should mention is the snow/ice theme I went with - first of all, it is a drastic contrast to the fire theme given to Lewa Mata. Secondly, it does represent a major plot point to come up in the story, although not until later on.

Check back November 15, 2012 for the third promo!