The guy who did the voice of Bugs bunny was allergic to carrots... I just blew your mind.

Funny; I already knew this... :/
I've got worse...The guy who created Bugs Bunny had the words 'That's all, folks' written on his tombstone.
Chuck Jones was cremated and his ashes thrown out to sea. He had no tombstone.

Scissors as we know them today (well, pretty much) were invented in Rome in about 100 AD (or CE, if you want to be politically correct).If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and look like it is stinging itself to death. It spasms a lot. smile.gifThe number one selling CD in history is the third Beatles anthology. It recently beat out the Eagles' "Their Greatest Hits."If you drop a penny off of the Empire State Building, it will be going 106 miles per hour (terminal velocity) when it reaches the ground. Something moving this fast may actually cause head injuries if it lands on you. (OUCH)If you hate our "QWERTY" keyboard layout, blame Christopher Sholes. He changed it from the original in 1873 to lessen the chances of the keys jamming.Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. (As noted by a reader: "The reason a goldfish swims back and forth and back and forth across the fish bowl all day long everyday is because by the time it gets to one side of the bowl it forgets what's on the other side of the bowl. Every trip is a new adventure! (Hey, I wonder what's over there!.... Hey! I wonder what's over THERE!)" smile.gif)It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (Updated: I've had one person say they can do it. But still.)

Scissors date back to ancient Egypt and have been found in Mesopotamia, dating back 3,000 years.Most scorpions will actually violently spasm from inhaling alcohol fumes because of the way the drug stimulates the nervous system. Most will die. (This one is technically correct, but most versions claim that the scorpion actually is stinging itself to death. I just wanted to clarify.)Michael Jackson's Thriller is the best-selling album of all time, at over 110 million copies. Anthology 3 has sold just over 3 million.The terminal velocity of an object varies. With a penny, terminal velocity is approximately 65 miles per hour, and a penny's mass is so small that it would do no real injury, merely a bump.Sholes actually did this at some point in 1867, changing it from his initial piano-like design.Winston Churchill was born in Blenheim Palace, in a bedroom. No dance was taking place there at the time.Goldfish actually have fairly lengthy memories, and have been trained to navigate mazes.Plenty of people can sneeze with their eyes open. Edited by twinArmageddons

also, you cannot sink completely in a pool of quicksand. humans are too buoyant, and will only sink to the middle of their chest. the real danger is that quicksand is incredibly difficult to get out of, and you might use all your energy and pass out just trying.

Edited by BBCCD
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Mel Blanc, who voiced Bugs Bunny, does indeed have "That's all, folks" carved on his tombstone, though.

Okay, wrong person. Oops.Still, I was almost right, you gotta give me that. Edited by Pirok the Va-Matoran

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

• 2 weeks later...

Incorrect. Crystal meth itself did not exist at the time, though amphetamines did. The purpose for which Hitler took said amphetamines was to improve alertness. Do try to research things before you post them.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

the US government STILL denies the facts that Area 51 exists, but it is even talked about by almost everyone, and you can see it on Google Earth.in Egyption mythology, the god Thoth supposedly invented writing.during the Great Depression, LEGO founder Ole Kirk Cristiansen lost his woodworking shop because of bankrupsy.Play-Doh was originally a wallpaper cleaner.LEGO comes from a Danish phrase, "play well." it also means "I assemble" in Latin.LEGO Mindstorms are as old as I am.Supersonic airplain engines were originally created by the Nazisboth the Veitnam war ended, and Hitler commited suicide on the same day I was born. (obviosly many years before I was born)the Apollo 13 re-entered the atmosphere on the same day my little sister was born.Napolean Bonaparte was banned from France.Micky Mouse was originally named Mortimer Mouse.Green Lantern's enemy Paralax was originally a bug that was mutated by the Yellow Power source, not by one of the Guardians in the Green Lantern movie.There are 5 Lantern types: Green Lanterns, Red Lanterns, Blue Lenterns, White Lanterns, and Black Lanterns.Thor is a god in Norse mythology.the furthest anyone has launched a pumpkin in Utah was during an episode of Punkin Chunkin, and was by hurled by an air cannon created by a team named "Big 10-Inch"Apollo 12 was struck by lightning during launchthe only Apollo mission (besides Apollo 1, which killed every astronaught in the capsule due to a spark, which created a flame from all the oxygen in the capsule) that DID NOT reach the moon was Apollo 13, because an air tank cracked, and thus, the astronaughts had to use any supplies they had in order survive, and return back to Earth.Coka-Cola was originally a medicine, which got its name, because it used cocaine.In Utah, it is illegal NOT to drink milk.In Purdy, Missouri, it is illegal to dance.In New Jersey, it is illegal to frown at a police officer.Also in New Jersey, it is illegal to sell ice cream to anyone after 6 pm, unless they have a note from their doctor.In Alaska, it is illegal to push a live moose out of an airplane.In Alabama, it is illegal to sell peanuts after sundown on Wednesdays in Lee County.Also, it is illegal to hold ice cream cones in your back pocket.Also, it is illegal to flick boogers into the wind.No one has raided king Tut's tomb.King Tut died of malaria when he was 18, and he became pharoah when he was 8 years old.When mammoth skeletons where discovered, people thought that the skulls were Cyclops skulls.Chickens and T-Rexes had the same sized brain.Pac-Man was created when its creater saw a slice of pizza missing from the whole pizza.Tetris is the first video gameTMNT was created by two men who thought of the 4 dummest things ever, which were teenagers, mutants, ninjas, and turtles.Nobody knows where the Huns came from, but legend says that they came out of a swamp.The first cell phone was called the "Brick Phone" and it came out in the '80s.Columbus arrived in what is now Cuba, not in America.Scientists spent millions of dollars, just to figure out the earthquake in Chile knocked Earth out of orbit by less than 1 billionth of an inch, and now our days are 1 millisecond longer.The Mayans are supposedly to have invented chocolate.Nobody knows where Barbaque came from, but it might have started in Cuba, and was called "Barbacot"More UFO sightings have been in Scotland.Apple was the first company to create a computer that featured a mouse.Internet was first created by the US forces as a military tool in the '70s.Slinkeys were first used an antennae for the Navy, but as the carriers rocked back and forth on the water, a mechanic came in the communications room, and saw that the springs were "walking."Tin Soldiers were created in England between the 1300's and 1500's.Leonardo Davinci created the first wind-up toy, which was designed to look like a lion, and walked down the hallway towards the king, rippid out its chest, reaveling a portrait of the king, which Leonardo gave to the king, as a friend.The Blawkhawk Bomber plane, and the Blawkhawk Fighter plane were both created at Area 51.In the film "E.T.", E.T. was a robot with the alien skin covering it.Chuck Norris was born the day the Nazis surrendered.The original lightsabers th Star Wars: IV, V and VI were wooden poles, covered with metal-like paint, which reflected the light, thus giving off the glow.Volocerapters supposedly had feathers.That's all I know.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

The very first fact on the list is incorrect - the US government has conceded that the facility exists, but given the nature of it as part of the Nevada Test and Training Range, they aren't exactly giving guided tours of the place.I don't doubt that many of your other "facts" are incorrect either, but I'm not a paid fact-checker, so I'm not going to go through the list of things you copied and pasted from the internet at large.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

• [*]The opposite of a camel is a soap dish.[*]Glass is a liquid.[*]Boyle's law was concieved due to flatuence.[*]The UN once created a global language called Esperanto. However, France prevented it from going worldwide.[*]Somebody actually took the time to name several rocks on Mars.[*]M&Ms stand for Mars and Murries.[*]A dead body cools at one degree per minute.[*]The programming language Python was named after Monty Python.[*]Your nervous system has a blood filter so that getting medicine to the brain is very difficult.[*]A cloned cat can have different fur from the original.[*]Laser is really an acronym.[*]If you cut a grape in half but leave a bit of skin keeping it together and microwave it, it will generate awesome sparks.[*]Somebody once entered a nuclear fusion reactor into a science fair.[*]There is (or at least used to be) an online group based on the construction of such reactors.[*]The above three facts are all related to the same person.[*]I am running out of facts.[*]You have probably stopped paying attention.[*]I should probably shut up now.

Edited by Chaos Makuta: Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Once again, not raking through all of it, but glass is not a liquid. The main "evidence for glass being a liquid - the way some old windows are thicker at the bottom - is due more to imprecisions in the glass-blowing process than any flow the material may or definitely does not have after cooling.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

@thannymanny: Tetris wasn't the first video game; Pong was.The Mayans didn't invent chocolate; they invented a bitter cocoa-based ceremonial drink.Coca-cola did not contain cocaine; it contained an extract from coca leaves, from which cocaine can also be created.On topic: Funk artist Bootsy Collins once collaborated with a member of the Talking Heads to create a song called "Five Minutes", a funk remix of Ronald Reagan's joke about bombing the Russians.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

If I do remember correctly, I think it was nearly 90% (or something outrageous like that) of the German Army (Wehrmacht) was invovled against the Russians during the failed Blitzkrieg into Russia (Operation Barbarossa). They lost basicaly because a) they Forgot Russia was so huge, and that it's very, very, very hard to basicaly walk from the border of Poland to Moscow http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png they didn't exactly come prepared for the freezing winters and ridiculous muddy spring c) they focused on Stalingrad instead of Moscow and d) they attacked Russia. Now, if they had stayed focused on Western Europe and continued their shaky peace with Russia, they might've won the the Second World War (they made lots of mistakes in the west, but if they'd had the extra manpower...)I also think I heard somewhere that they launched their invasion the same day Napolean launched his failed invasion into Russia (not sure on this one), which was unusual for a very superstitious man like der Fuehrer.That's all I really have to say...MTL

Once again, not raking through all of it, but glass is not a liquid. The main "evidence for glass being a liquid - the way some old windows are thicker at the bottom - is due more to imprecisions in the glass-blowing process than any flow the material may or definitely does not have after cooling.

You are wrong there. Glass is a liquid that is viscous enough to pass at a solid. I dunno about the windows, but it flows over millions of years. The evidence is ancient glass formed by lightning+beach.

aouROFb.png

It is an amorphous solid. Not a liquid, not a liquid that thinks it's a solid, but a solid, plain and simple. Don't believe me? Look it up with a reputable source.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Mueller-Lyer illusion, the thing like this, >-< <->, is actually a learned illusion because of the straight architecture in Western buildings. African tribesmen, for example, would be less susceptible to this illusion. Another thing that is surprisingly learned is the relative size of objects as they get nearer or farther. Most people don't think the size of a car is getting larger as it gets closer, or the car is shrinking as it gets farther. Blind people that regain sight well after childhood have to learn that the car is getting closer or farther.

Internet was first created by the US forces as a military tool in the '70s.Tetris is the first video game

*point*Objection!The US military created ARPANET in the '70s, not the Internet - the Internet as we know it now did not come into being until the late '80s and the early '90s.There are older video games than Tetris. Spacewar, for example, was created in 1962 for the PDP-1.

More UFO sightings have been in Scotland.

What is this I don't even

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

I believe one of the first video games was known as 'Tennis for Two'. It came before Pong.Orca whales recently became reclassified as a species of dolphin.Octopi have no backbones, and have three hearts. Also they have eight arms (MIND = BLOWN, amirite).The whale shark, though it is the biggest whale shark existing today, is practically harmless to humans. It's a filter-feeder.The Coelacanth species, once thought to be extinct since the end of the Cretaceus period, is still alive and swimming today.Starfish can regenerate their bodies from a chopped-off limb.If you see a blue-bottle jellyfish on the beach, don't step on it. They have very long tentacles and these are known to flick up if the body is stepped on.Jellyfish don't have brains, but the nervous systems of some kinds are some of the most sensitive in the animal kingdom.One third of the fifty known species in the whiptail lizard genus are entirely female. Their DNA has the ability to keep a diverse mix of genes, allowing them to survive for several thousand generations.Also, here's a fun Bionicle one I heard somewhere. The truth of it is debateable, but it still seems entertaining. In The Legend Reborn, Kiina was originally meant to have a heavy Russian accent.That would have made the movie a million times better for me.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

The box jellyfish is, neurologically speaking, a very advanced jellyfish, having, among other cool things, 24 eyes of 4 different kinds, two of which are remarkably similar to vertebrate eyes like our own.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Octopi have no backbones, and have three hearts. Also they have eight arms (MIND = BLOWN, amirite)

Actually I believe that, technically, they have six arms. And two legs. Because when they're scuttling along the sea-bed they only ever use two tentacles for motion.One of these arms, incidentally, is a mating-arm. At least on males. It breaks off during the, ah, throes of passion and doesn't grow back. The male octopode dies soon after

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Octopi have no backbones, and have three hearts. Also they have eight arms (MIND = BLOWN, amirite)

Actually I believe that, technically, they have six arms. And two legs. Because when they're scuttling along the sea-bed they only ever use two tentacles for motion. One of these arms, incidentally, is a mating-arm. At least on males. It breaks off during the, ah, throes of passion and doesn't grow back. The male octopode dies soon after
I do recall hearing about this, except in a kind of squid. Scientists first thought it was an extra tentacle on the female before making the... discovery. Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Chickens and T-Rexes had the same sized brain.Tetris is the first video game

both are completely wrongthe t-rex had a brain the size of a gorilla's, and the first video game, depending on your deffinition of "video game", was tennis for two. SEVERAL games were before tetris.
This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Whoa, gorillas have brains the size of bananas? It would be pretty awkward if they're the same shape as a T. rex's brain, though, considering how important shape is to function with, well... pretty much everything once you get down to it.Speaking of which, the function of proteins is pretty heavily reliant on shape. Not such a useless fact, I guess, considering how screwed you would be if hemoglobin wasn't that funky little eight-dimensional-sandwich shape.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, it's not so much that the gullet goes through the brain as that the brain has wrapped itself around the gullet.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Plutonium, widely considered the deadliest thing, is actually not as deadly as Botulinum toxin, commonly known as botox.The song "I Am The Walrus" is based off a two-tone police siren.There are no historical references that state Ring around the Rosies being a song about the Black Death.Radium was originally used in self-luminous paint put onto watches; each of these watches contain about 1 Microgram of the radioactive element.Too little Oxygen can kill you (that's a well-known fact), but at the same time, having too much Oxygen can cause serious harm and even death.Copernicium-285, the most stable known isotope of Copernicium, has a half-life of around 29 seconds.Francium-223 has a half-life of 20 minutes.The reports that some neutrinos move faster than the speed of light, as documented in September 2011, have yet to be independently verified.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Octopi have a hole in their brains because the throat passes through there. Wouldn't that give you a headache...

Not really. While the brain can tell the rest of the body its feeling pain, it has no nerve endings so cannot feel pain itself. If you had a convenient hole in your head I could poke my finger into your brain and wiggle it about, and you wouldn't feel a thing.Oh, and its octopodes, because it comes from the Greek rather than Latin :P Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well, in English octopi has become common enough that it's correct English to use either plural form. Though I prefer octopodes, I'll use octopi if I'm in a hurry.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Silence from Doctor Who were based largely off of Edward Munch's painting 'The Scream' and the famed BZP Lovers.Technetium, a synthetic element, has been detected in red giant stars.Doctor Who was originally to be a show dedicated to teaching history to kids.In Pokémon, the female Scizor (an evolution of Scyther) has a larger abdomen.In Doctor Who, the sound of the famed Cloister Bell, heard when the TARDIS, the Doctor, or the Universe is in grave danger, was achieved by banging a gong underwater.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*