Do not Smash the Mask Using a Shadow Hand, Makuta.

Sorry if these have already been asked before. In the scene from LoMN, was Teridax trying to grab the Mask of Time from Vakama or was he trying to absorb Vakama into himself? If he was trying to grab the Mask, would the Hand have shattered it like the rocks he pulled in later? If he had actually absorbed the Mask (on Vakama or without), would that count as destroying it (thus destroying all of time) or would it give Makuta Voporak-like powers?And considering the fact that Teridax wanted the mask for his own use, was using that Shadow Hand power there a smart move? (The power, according to BS01, has an automatic recoil, thus causing absorption or smashing.) Did Lhikan inadvertently save all of reality here?

Hey, he had just absorbed Krekka. :PI think it was confirmed that Teridax was confused/disoriented from crushing three minds in rapid succession, so he probably wasn't thinking clearly. Hence hitting himself with rocks.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

The hand itself wasn't smashing the rocks, they merely pulled them toward him and he smashed them with his fists, it can be hard to tell with all the dust in the air but yeah, you see him punch them apart. I think he was just trying to absorb Vakama like he did Nidhiki and Krekka, although I'm sure he would have caught the Mask of Time if his shadow hand managed to get a hold of it.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Hey, he had just absorbed Krekka. :PI think it was confirmed that Teridax was confused/disoriented from crushing three minds in rapid succession, so he probably wasn't thinking clearly. Hence hitting himself with rocks.
I never thought of it like that. It does make sense. And its a better explanation for that scene then saying it was a non-canon movie scene.As for the original question, if Teridax could use his fist to smash the rocks he grabbed as his shadow hand brought them to him, maybe he could've grabbed the Vahi from Vakama as the Toa was pulled towards him? That might explain why he was using that power at that time.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I never thought of it like that. It does make sense. And its a better explanation for that scene then saying it was a non-canon movie scene.As for the original question, if Teridax could use his fist to smash the rocks he grabbed as his shadow hand brought them to him, maybe he could've grabbed the Vahi from Vakama as the Toa was pulled towards him? That might explain why he was using that power at that time.
Well, that's actually the official explanation as seen in Time Trap, so I would agree that it does make a lot of sense. :PYeah, that's probably what he was thinking at the time. If he was thinking at all. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Vezon absorbed a mask before, he could still use the mask so...
That has pretty much nothing to do with this. Assuming you mean the Ignika, Vezon didn't absorb that, it stuck to his head of its own accord once he touched it. Besides, he's completely incapable of using a shadow hand.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Chro, I think he means that Olmak.
Oh. My mistake.Well, my point stands- Vezon still didn't use a shadow hand to fuse the Olmak to himself (he got EP'd; completely by accident, too). So, we shouldn't take it as an example of what would happen if Teridax had tried to grab the Vahi.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

As I understand it, the Shadow Hand power is designed for small objects like masks -- the reason it was a problem with the giant rocks is just that -- they were big, and they were big rocks. :) Imagine you had a perfect grappler system that could retrieve a small fragile vase (say, you're a thief) intact, but was just about as effective on a large object, so you had to be careful your aim was right. Even though the large object isn't hitting you at a super rapid speed, it's the mass that hurts.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As I understand it, the Shadow Hand power is designed for small objects like masks -- the reason it was a problem with the giant rocks is just that -- they were big, and they were big rocks. :) Imagine you had a perfect grappler system that could retrieve a small fragile vase (say, you're a thief) intact, but was just about as effective on a large object, so you had to be careful your aim was right. Even though the large object isn't hitting you at a super rapid speed, it's the mass that hurts.
Chirox was stated to have mastered the Shadow Hand, having such precise control that he could avoid the automatic pullback and even use it in experiments. Those Shadow Hands which Teridax used to grab the rocks probably would have seriously damaged the Vahi. Maybe he thought that he could pull Vakama towards him and then snatch the mask away?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

My personal belief is that he'd grab Vakama, Vakama would cling to the Vahi, and then Teridax would snatch it out of the air just as Vakama was crushed by the contracting Shadow Hand.Of course, I also took repeated digs at Makuta's fighting style in that scene in an earlier topic, and the only thing that makes me accept his defeat in the way it happened is the fact that his mind was somewhat distracted with suppressing the beings he had just absorbed.

• 2 weeks later...