Legends of Chima TV Series Discussion

Meiko

So if you were watching the epic Ninjago series finale Wednesday night, you would have seen directly after a very cool trailer for LEGO: Legends of Chima. The animation looks top quality as did Ninjago, and the landscapes are amazing. I hope we get more trailers over the next few weeks, and maybe even a premier date.I believe Michael Kramer is doing the composing for the show like he did for Ninjago. I still haven't gotten confirmation from Jay whether or not he will be composing for the show.It will air on Cartoon Network starting in 2013, most likely on Wednesdays at 7:30 or 8pm ET like Ninjago did.So what are your thoughts guys?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I've seen them. I was just curious if they where official.
There are no official images yet. When there are, I or somebody else will add a topic in LEGO set discussion. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

There are no official images yet. When there are, I or somebody else will add a topic in LEGO set discussion. :)
huh. they looked like it. whoops.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

huh. they looked like it. whoops.
Well technically they are official. It's just that LEGO hasn't officially released them to the public. I expect we'll get officially released images in HD for shop.LEGO.com around mid-December.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

The preview looked interesting and I'll definitely watch it.That said, the overall head design of the lions looks dumb, which is unfortunate. I have a feeling they'll be the main furrytribe.
Really? I think they look pretty cool. I do happen to love the Crocodile clan however.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I'm still unhappy that Ninjago is going out like Exo-Force did, but at least we got an ending this time...Either way, Chima doesn't look that great to me. Might pick up one or two sets to see what they're like. I'll watch a few episodes of the show and see if it's anything like Ninjago was.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Do you think there will be a Chima/Ninjago crossover?
Doubtful
I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a shout-out at some point, since a lot of the same people are working on it. Even if it's something as subtle as a snippet of the Ninjago score during some sort of stealth mission.
I'm still unhappy that Ninjago is going out like Exo-Force did, but at least we got an ending this time...Either way, Chima doesn't look that great to me. Might pick up one or two sets to see what they're like. I'll watch a few episodes of the show and see if it's anything like Ninjago was.
Exo-Force was ended abruptly with zero story resolution, after sales plummeted. Ninjago got an epic finale that wrapped up all the loose ends, and sold well enough to get one final wave of sets to cap off the theme. A pretty big difference if you ask me.I encourage you to give Chima a shot. It seems to be very similar in style to both Ninjago and Exo-Force, so if you liked both of those I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I encourage you to give Chima a shot. It seems to be very similar in style to both Ninjago and Exo-Force, so if you liked both of those I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
Yes. Please do. I see a lot of people overlook Chima because of the sets and sometimes even more specifically for the fact that it is about animals. Really, there won't be that many differences outside of the sets that the diehard Ninjago fans shouldn't like. It's being promoted almost identically to how Ninjago was. Print media such as books and comics appear that they will take the same route. And the TV show is going to be done by the same folks at JAM and WilFilm that brought you Ninjago. Also, if you liked Exo-Force, I already have some news about the sets that you might like. The same folks that did the musical aspect of the Ninjago TV show will be doing it for Legends of Chima, so that's another thing to like.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

This could be interesting. I just hope there's a good voice cast, and please no lame/cheesy jokes.
If it's anything like Ninjago, and we have every reason to believe that it is, you can bet that it'll have the dumbest jokes in the galaxy.
You sir, have not seen any of the shows my sister watches, apparently.

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Doubtful
I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least a shout-out at some point, since a lot of the same people are working on it. Even if it's something as subtle as a snippet of the Ninjago score during some sort of stealth mission.
Exo-Force was ended abruptly with zero story resolution, after sales plummeted. Ninjago got an epic finale that wrapped up all the loose ends, and sold well enough to get one final wave of sets to cap off the theme. A pretty big difference if you ask me.I encourage you to give Chima a shot. It seems to be very similar in style to both Ninjago and Exo-Force, so if you liked both of those I think you might be pleasantly surprised.
I meant more in the sense that we got a winter release of sets that I wished were a bit better. I haven't seen the final episode of Ninjago yet, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting to it (when my school-work isn't in the way)I wish Chima was a bit less... specific parts. I mean, the concept is good, but I find the sets lacking in that look that both Exo-Force and Ninjago had, like it was brick-built, and less huge molded pieces, but that's just my opinion really. I'll wait to make a judgement until I see the show, and maybe have bought a set or two.EDIT: Saw what Meiko wrote... even if I don't like the first wave, it'll most likely get better. I have faith in great designers. Edited by T.B.O.C

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Doubtful
I meant more in the sense that we got a winter release of sets that I wished were a bit better. I haven't seen the final episode of Ninjago yet, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting to it (when my school-work isn't in the way)I wish Chima was a bit less... specific parts. I mean, the concept is good, but I find the sets lacking in that look that both Exo-Force and Ninjago had, like it was brick-built, and less huge molded pieces, but that's just my opinion really. I'll wait to make a judgement until I see the show, and maybe have bought a set or two.EDIT: Saw what Meiko wrote... even if I don't like the first wave, it'll most likely get better. I have faith in great designers.
Most of the Chima pics I've seen are brick-built... the parts are no more specific than what you'd see in an average theme like LEGO City at any rate. Although personally I think one of the things I like most in a theme is if it uses specialized parts in creative ways, like the cement mixer drum pieces used in Atlantis or the various BIONICLE and Knights' Kingdom parts used in Exo-Force. Certainly there aren't any models I've seen that depend on huge molded pieces like in various themes of the late 90s like UFO, Insectoids, and Rock Raiders, besides arguably the Croc Boat which IMO gets a free pass since it is impossible to make a floating ship from modern parts without a huge molded hull.

Doubtful
I meant more in the sense that we got a winter release of sets that I wished were a bit better. I haven't seen the final episode of Ninjago yet, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting to it (when my school-work isn't in the way)I wish Chima was a bit less... specific parts. I mean, the concept is good, but I find the sets lacking in that look that both Exo-Force and Ninjago had, like it was brick-built, and less huge molded pieces, but that's just my opinion really. I'll wait to make a judgement until I see the show, and maybe have bought a set or two.EDIT: Saw what Meiko wrote... even if I don't like the first wave, it'll most likely get better. I have faith in great designers.
Most of the Chima pics I've seen are brick-built... the parts are no more specific than what you'd see in an average theme like LEGO City at any rate. Although personally I think one of the things I like most in a theme is if it uses specialized parts in creative ways, like the cement mixer drum pieces used in Atlantis or the various BIONICLE and Knights' Kingdom parts used in Exo-Force. Certainly there aren't any models I've seen that depend on huge molded pieces like in various themes of the late 90s like UFO, Insectoids, and Rock Raiders, besides arguably the Croc Boat which IMO gets a free pass since it is impossible to make a floating ship from modern parts without a huge molded hull.
Wrong. I did it. Once. it was nowhere near perfect, But it did float. Wish I had taken pictures....

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

I'm not nearly as interested in this as I was in ninjago, however, I may watch the series occasionaly, and I have targetted the two sets that I will buy. One reason that I don't like this as much as ninjago thus far is that I very much enjoyed the oriental theme of ninjago, which is quite missing in chima.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Any news on what month it'll begin next year?
Most likely January, but we might get an early-airing of an episode in December 2012, like they did with Ninjago in December 2011.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

It looked so much cooler than NinjaGo, just like the creators predicted! I can't wait!Look them up on Brickipedia, <shockwave>.

Is it "NinjaGo" or Ninjago? I've never been able to figure it out, even though I used to be an admin on the Ninjago Wikia. :P

Ninjago. ;) In IPA pronunication, the sound of the a would also be /ɑː/ unlike the term ninja.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I am not a massive fan of ninjago, however I do like the nature sci-fantasy that Lego appears to be using with Chima. I honestly did not like the TV series at all so I'm hoping they'll do a better job with Chima. From what I've seen, it looks like it will start on a much more epic scale than the ninjago series did.

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Most likely January, but we might get an early-airing of an episode in December 2012, like they did with Ninjago in December 2011.

That's neat, I'm looking forward to it.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I do believe I heard an exact date, although I can't remember what. Or I'm not allowed to say....

iwRQGDg.jpg

I do believe I heard an exact date, although I can't remember what. Or I'm not allowed to say....

You should be allowed to say it here if it was announced. If you find it, let us know! ^^

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, yeah, just remembered - December 26. Ripped right from our wiki's Twitter, Meiko. :P

I believe that date was for the release of the sets (in France), not necessarily the TV show debut.

You are correct, Lyichir.

According to this, we shouldn't be expecting Chima stuff in US and Canada until January:

US-January-Store-Calendar---large.jpg

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh, yeah, just remembered - December 26. Ripped right from our wiki's Twitter, Meiko. :P

I believe that date was for the release of the sets (in France), not necessarily the TV show debut.

According to this, we shouldn't be expecting Chima stuff in US and Canada until January:

Well, official release dates don't always line up perfectly with reality-- especially since that is a LEGO store calendar, and LEGO brand stores aren't usually the first to get regular-release sets. To be honest, I expect Toys 'R' Us to start getting Chima sets before the end of this month, since they typically are the first to get LEGO sets of any kind, and sets in general tend to start showing up several days before the "official" release date if not earlier.

Well, official release dates don't always line up perfectly with reality-- especially since that is a LEGO store calendar, and LEGO brand stores aren't usually the first to get regular-release sets. To be honest, I expect Toys 'R' Us to start getting Chima sets before the end of this month, since they typically are the first to get LEGO sets of any kind, and sets in general tend to start showing up several days before the "official" release date if not earlier.

I'll check my local Toys "R" Us around Christmas time then. Hopefully I'll see some Chima stuff then. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Still, a date is a date. I'm looking forward to it! :)

iwRQGDg.jpg