Legends of Chima TV Series Discussion

Meiko

I have the two episodes recorded on DVR (it's just a matter of finding an optimal time to watch them), but from what you guys are saying, it sounds like it may only disappoint me. It really seemed like they were set up for something really epic, based on the previews and website, but it sounds like it may just be full of really immature humor and derpy characters.
The humor isn't immature. (Well, Skinnet is a fart joke, but hey, Skinnet!) It just doesn't exist most of the time. The only thing I found legitimately funny was Razar's mini speech, and that was mixed with disappointment over how he was presented.The characters are pretty bad, yes.I'd watch it just to see Skinnet, Gorzan, Rogon and Bladvis. They're not great (Though Gorzan is so far my favorite character and I think Bladvis is actually pretty funny) but they look pretty cool and they're characters we hadn't really seen before at all. The series has great animation, though the synching isn't perfect. So basically, don't expect much, but look at dem visuals.

AXKP5KC.png

This seems a good place to plunk down my 2 cents about "Legend of Chima".

Watching the first episode, I fell asleep. Not a good sign. I watched it again and fell asleep. That's a RED flag. I stayed awake through the second episode, so there is that. I can see why most are turned off by the immature comedy presented. We see animal-human hybrids, we see racers and giant battle machines what are we supposed to think? Circus time clown antics?

I was ready to embark on an epic with lots of action, thrilling chases with stops at amazing vistas. Instead I'm forced to sit ring side over a tiff between kindergartners. The type where kids say they'll never talk to them again and the next day all is forgotten. Losing parents could be a big deal, but it is played as a justification for friends to be enemies.

The one bright spot was the jousting. I hope they show a few more challenges there, without a bird woman being used as Damsel in Distress material.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Okay, the Chi corrupting Cragger, I can understand. Cragger being devastated and angry over the loss of his parents, I can get. But going from a PTSD victim to an evil megalomaniac with a faceful of some kind of hypno pollen from his sister the cheap Roodaka clone? What? And seriously? These anthromorphic animals worship the real animals? I don't even see how a normal lion is any better a lion that has more intelligence, technology, weapons, some mystical energy, etc. The crocs just ran away because of the story, if they actually kept fighting, they would have won! The crocs probably still had the Chi they rightfully recieved before Cragger crashed the jousting tournament. It looked cool, but the story is full of cheap excuses for the sake of forcefully shoving the plot forwards.

aouROFb.png

Was I the only one that did NOT like the voice acting...?

Definitely not. From all the sites I've read discussion and feedback of the show on, it's seems like it's pretty even between those who do and do not like the voice acting, or even the show in general. I wasn't paying much attention back when the Hero Factory or Ninjago show started, so I don't have much to base how the show is doing compared to other LEGO shows, but most TV series start out similarly.

Also guys, don't go judging the show to harshly. Remember these are just the first few episodes. The Ninjago series and the Hero Factory series both weren't very 'epic' at the start, but both gradually picked up. I'm expecting the same from Chima.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Definitely not. From all the sites I've read discussion and feedback of the show on, it's seems like it's pretty even between those who do and do not like the voice acting, or even the show in general. I wasn't paying much attention back when the Hero Factory or Ninjago show started, so I don't have much to base how the show is doing compared to other LEGO shows, but most TV series start out similarly.

Also guys, don't go judging the show to harshly. Remember these are just the first few episodes. The Ninjago series and the Hero Factory series both weren't very 'epic' at the start, but both gradually picked up. I'm expecting the same from Chima.

Actually I thought the first few episode of Ninjago and Hero Factory were pretty good. Not epic but at least there stories held up better. Chima on the other hand. They could have done it so much better in making the conflict happen. Maybe the story will get better but I know I won't be following it.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

While herofactory didn't have an exactly "epic" start, Ninjago did IMO.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

Aside from the actually really good animation (hindered somewhat by the character designs), this is absolutely horrendous. The voice actors don't emote at all, they all sound unbelievably obnoxious, the story is virtually nonexistent, the pacing is haphazard, the constant attempts at humor are completely unfunny, and it is really, really, really, even by Lego standards, sexist. If this is a self-parody, then the joke is a little too subtle for audiences to catch. I won't be watching when the full show comes on.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Aside from the actually really good animation (hindered somewhat by the character designs), this is absolutely horrendous. The voice actors don't emote at all, they all sound unbelievably obnoxious, the story is virtually nonexistent, the pacing is haphazard, the constant attempts at humor are completely unfunny, and it is really, really, really, even by Lego standards, sexist. If this is a self-parody, then the joke is a little too subtle for audiences to catch. I won't be watching when the full show comes on.
Really, I need to know, how "sexist" is it compared to the Ninjago pilot? After all, let's not forget that in Nya's earliest appearance she was a damsel in distress first and foremost. But her character was developed significantly over the course of that series.I haven't seen this myself, but frankly, the only criticism I've heard that's not liable to improve over the course of the series is the voice acting, and frankly I've heard enough voice acting complaints in my years to know that rarely do they amount to much besides an arbitrary bias against certain types of voices (be they high-pitched voices, southern or western accents, or what-have-you).Overall, I'm certainly not expecting this to be a work of art, but frankly I remember hearing a lot of these same criticisms about Ninjago early on, and now it's incredibly popular. So it definitely deserves a bit of time to develop.

It's not that the problems are any different than those of Ninjago or Hero Factory or whatever else, but they're just so much more extreme, and so much more prevalent, to the point where any kind of improvement seems extremely unlikely.

Edited by Toa Zaz

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

Guest sinewav
It is in fact a one-hour preview on January 16th starting at 7:30pm ET. There is in fact a full season; they are just promoting the start this way. They did the same thing for Ninjago actually.

Blast I missed the premeire, it doesn't appear as if they promoted it enough outside of Ninjago (my son lost interest so it's no longer in our rotation).

Even though it appears as though it may be a dissappointment I'm still hopefully they will encore the special.

It is in fact a one-hour preview on January 16th starting at 7:30pm ET. There is in fact a full season; they are just promoting the start this way. They did the same thing for Ninjago actually.

Blast I missed the premeire, it doesn't appear as if they promoted it enough outside of Ninjago (my son lost interest so it's no longer in our rotation).

Even though it appears as though it may be a dissappointment I'm still hopefully they will encore the special.

They will. The third episode aired at an exclusive event at LEGO stores and Toys "R" Us. We do have confirmation the show is a full series though, just like Ninjago was. It's supposed to officially kick off this Spring/Summer.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Since the special is really just the first two episodes, I reckon they'll have the same episodes run when the show actually premieres, for people who missed it the first time.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother