Bungie Project Destiny New Details

I just found some leaked information on Bungie's Project Destiny game from Wired, which lead me to a nice video on IGN, and the information was confirmed by Bungie to be accurate as well. Here are the details.Plot (Paraphrased quote)It is 700 years into the future on the last city on Earth in a solar system littered with the remains of man's golden age. A massive alien ship hangs overhead like a second moon, no one knows where it came from or why it's here, only that it's "our protector". Meanwhile, another alien race comes from "the edges of the universe" to come and take earth and the last city. "We are young knights, tasked with defending the remains of humanity, discovering the source of these monsters, and eventually overcome it." The massive alien ship is referred to as "The Traveler".Bungie is making the game to be fun and accessible to all, "aiming to make the universe as deep, tangible, and relateable as that of the Star Wars franchise". Jason Jones (Bungie's Co-Founder) said: "Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure."GameplayDescribed as "social at it's core, offering a world to explore with friends both old and new." Though we are still not 100% certain if the game is an MMO (as statement Bungie later called "a joke").Release InformationAlong with a Destiny Logo, there were also Xbox 360 and PS3 Icons, there is also a url for "Destiny.com" which is currently password protected.Leaked Court documents talked about 4 installments in the Destiny series, with the released dates planned to be:Fall 2013201520172019In 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020, DLC known now as "Comet" are said to be planned.The contract also said that the first game would be released on Xbox 360 and it's successor (the contract calls it the Xbox 720), releases on PS3, PS4, and PC are said to be planned in the years following.Concept Art.Destiny LogoThe Traveler and the CityThe New MonstersThe KnightsAn Derelict BuildingThe Traveler In OrbitAnother Shot Of The Traveler In OrbitMore Derelict BuildingsA Massive WallKnights In A Force-Field Or SortsAnother Knight Giving CommandsA Space FleetSome Knights Ambushing The New Monsters.Other Bungie NewsBungie's contract also mentioned that it is allowed to put 5% of their workforce towards another Marathon game, I certainly find that idea exciting as a fan of that series.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I read about this earlier today, but you have beaten me to posting it. Bungie goes really deep into these sorts of things so it does not surprise me that it went this far back. They also said that we have not found all the easter eggs yet, or so I remember, not that they will tell us, mind you.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Wow. Looks like there could be lots of customization on these knights. I love a bit of mystery to games and the traveler looks awesome. I hope its a 8 player-free roam FPS, although I think I may be let down :(

I wonder if there will be a multiplayer mode.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Looks interesting, but I'm a bit concerned with the fact we already have 4 games and 4 big DLC's confirmed, and the fact it's going to release on a two year cycle.

Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?