GregF Answers 2

Erebus

In this chat, I was joined by BZP members Swert and Dorek to speak with GregF.Once again, please note many questions from this topic were not answered because: 1) I only had an hour and a half with him, 2) there were followup questions, 3) Greg simply does not remember the answer.Please use spoiler tags when discussing the answers to ANY of the questions below.Questions - Text UnderlinedAnswers - Text GrayedBefore we begin, keep in mind that GregF has no information on the whereabouts of Takadox and Marendar. Therefore, questions about them will not be answered.

Where are the Great Beings?They are on the planet, that is all I can tell you right nowNot in a place you have seenBut on Spherus Magna?Yes----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Red StarWas Gaardus resurrected by Red Star, or did he originally end up there some other way?I would think he would have had to be resurrected to be there.How did MU inhabitants react to dead corpses disparitions? What was their interpretation of that?They were becoming one with the Great SpiritIs that what happened to Jaller on Mata Nui, then?Yes, basically what Takutanuva did was what the red star is supposed to do.Is it reasonable to assume that the MU inhabitant's pattern is stored in a buffer in the Great Spirit robot which allowed for Jaller's ressurection?Since these beings were created within the Great Spirit, yes, there would be a record of their creation which is shared with the RS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Some beings require masks to function, such as Matoran and Turaga. When they die, their bodies are teleported to the Red Star. Are they given masks in the Red Star?YesDo you remember what Kopaka saw in the Red Star that freaked him out? Was it the dead bodies? Someone he knew?I don't remember off the top of my headDo the "revived" MU Residents in the Red Star have any memories of their "previous life"? (to simplify: do they remember anything in their life before they "died"?)They should remember everything. That's the intent. But the process of being brough back to life tends to be very traumatic, so it takes a while to get one's thoughts unscrambledHow was the Red Star's teleportation broken?I don't have specifics on that----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OtherIt was mentioned that all Av-Matoran had an ability that they can access if they are connected with a Toa. It was never mentioned what Takua had. We have seen Takanuva use holograms before. Was this his ability or was he never assigned one?He was never assigned one.SPIRIT had asked last time who (or what) the voice was that told Matoro to put on the Ignika. You said you would get back to us on that one. Do you happen to have an answer now?My feeling at the moment was that it was the Ignika itself.Atakus' weapons were said to be alien to Spherus Magna, are the blades Atakus wield related in any way to the Kestora?NoLast time we talked, you had mentioned that TSO is building a new army of rogues. Is he calling this new organization the Dark Hunters still?No, I do not believe so. I think a new time and a new place would call for a new name.Are Lewa, Helryx, and all of the others in the Great Being's fortress going to have to learn the Agori language for themselves, or will they automatically understand it like everyone else?There's two ways to approach this: You make them have to learn itOr you make it that they learn it as soon as they leave the fortressBasically, you do whatever works best for storyFor example, you could make them go on a quest to learn the languageThat could be funGive a chance to explore more of the planetSort of what is the BIONICLE equivalent of Rosetta Stone? :)

Spoiler tags, use them:

[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

• Upvote 2

jlovfkk.jpg

Once again, very interesting information. Thanks Erebus. :)I'm still sort of disappointed about not getting answers regarding the corpses in the story we've seen that didn't disappear, tjough. Hopefully next time, unless this was asked and he didn't remember the answer.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Wow, the Great Beings are on Spherus Magna now? I guess they must have returned there after Mata Nui put it all back together again. And now there's going to be even more fanfics developing in the minds of people who read this. :P

Thanks again to Erebus, Dorek, and Swert for taking time to talk with Greg. And thanks to Greg himself for taking time off his busy schedule to give us some answers. :)

Ooh.

You know, I get the feeling that some of the GBs were on the SM fragments the whole time. Not all of the GBs, of course, as we know that certain ones weren't there.The Ignika telling Matoro to put it on makes perfect sense, and honestly that's what I'd always assumed, so I guess that's good to know.It's really too bad that Greg couldn't remember what scared Kopaka, that's one answer I'd really like to have gotten. Perhaps later, though. And until then we can just imagine! :)I think that moreso than previous information we've received, this batch'll spawn a lot of fanfics. (How did Gaardus die? What's TSO's new army? Quest for the language? Etc.) :lol:

Just wondering, Erebus, how are you communicating with Greg? Is it via Skype or some other voice/video chat host? Or is it a text exchange? Just wondering, if you don't want to say, then that's fine.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

How did MU inhabitants react to dead corpses disparitions? What was their interpretation of that?They were becoming one with the Great Spirit

Like Jedi becoming Force ghosts? :DI do wish he had explained how long/why corpses remained, though.

How was the Red Star's teleportation broken?I don't have specifics on that

Meaning he hasn't come up with an answer, or he forgot? Or is this something someone else came up with?

Last time we talked, you had mentioned that TSO is building a new army of rogues. Is he calling this new organization the Dark Hunters still?No, I do not believe so. I think a new time and a new place would call for a new name.

Huh. English names don't have to go through Legal, do they? If he's giving the TSO's new organization a new name, I hope he can actually call them by that new name.

What, didn't post my Hero Factory questions? :3
In the questions thread, he says Bionicle questions only.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

It hasn't been confirmed until now that the GBs are currently on Spherus Magna, correct? Because I always assumed that they were, and its nice to have it confirmed that they are indeed there. Its also nice that the revived beings in the RS keep their memories.And I wonder what name TSO will come up with for his new organization. Maybe something like 'League of Thieves' or 'Dark Consortium.' Who knows.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Just wondering, Erebus, how are you communicating with Greg? Is it via Skype or some other voice/video chat host? Or is it a text exchange? Just wondering, if you don't want to say, then that's fine.

I would rather not say.

He's related to you isn't he?

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would rather not say.

He's related to you isn't he?

I don't think that's the case.

Maybe Erebus Is Greg :D

I'm back!

What, didn't post my Hero Factory questions? :3

In the questions thread, he says Bionicle questions only.

Dorek's not referring to that topic at all. He also took part in this little Q&A session and I think it can be inferred he asked questions about Hero Factory in it. ;)---Lol Erebus is neither related to Greg nor is he Greg. He doesn't want his source revealed - probably because he doesn't want people to start pestering Greg - so I think we should just respect that.~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I don't think that's the case.

Maybe Erebus Is Greg :D

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Lol Erebus is neither related to Greg nor is he. He doesn't want his source revealed - probably because he doesn't want people to start pestering Greg - so I think we should just respect that.

This. I should've known this before asking, but whatever. :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I might have missed the answer to this, but can someone tell me

when the Red Star malfunctioned? Regarding Jaller's death in MoL, I remember Greg said he was revived by Takutanuva just for the sake of having a dramatic resurrection scene. I had been under the impression that the RS had malfunctioned before that, possible having been broken since Mata Nui first launcher.

Also, Greg had said that a Makuta wouldn't have been ressurected by the RS if he had died after evolving into energy. If that's so, how come the dissenter Makuta who questioned Teridax's Plan weren't revived? I speculate they were killed in some way that left no body.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I might have missed the answer to this, but can someone tell me

when the Red Star malfunctioned? Regarding Jaller's death in MoL, I remember Greg said he was revived by Takutanuva just for the sake of having a dramatic resurrection scene. I had been under the impression that the RS had malfunctioned before that, possible having been broken since Mata Nui first launcher. Also, Greg had said that a Makuta wouldn't have been ressurected by the RS if he had died after evolving into energy. If that's so, how come the dissenter Makuta who questioned Teridax's Plan weren't revived? I speculate they were killed in some way that left no body.

Yes, the Red Star started to malfunction nearly from the beginning.The point about Jaller still stands. That is why it was done in a real-life sense. In the story, Takutanuva basically functioned as the Star in its place. Thus it malfunctioning played no part in his resurrection.Who's to say any Makuta who died before they evolved weren't revived? We still wouldn't know since the Red Star couldn't teleport them back.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, spoiler tags are no longer needed for any of the current Greg answers. :) (In response to a report about failed spoiler tags.) Sorry I haven't been saying that each time, but the two-day rule should be considered universal unless I or another staff member says otherwise, for future reference. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)