If there is a mask of life, could there be a mask of death?

lasqur

Although the Ignika often has properties better suiting a Mask of Death instead of Life, I think you're asking if there's a separate Kanohi altogether. No, there isn't. Life, Time, and Creation are the three Legendary Kanohi because those things are the three fundamental principles of the MU. But, as death is not one of those principles, there is no Legendary mask (or any mask) of death.Certain masks have powers pertaining to death, though, such as the Tryna or the Mask of Scavenging.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The Ignika can kill things by draining life energy. There doesn't seem to be any "death energy" in the MU that such a Mask could use, since you either have life energy or you don't, and a mask that drains life energy would be somewhat redundant with the Mask of Life since it can do that anyway.

I'm inclined too agree with Levvisokk. Although the Ignika was known as the "Mask of Life", it did possess the power to manipulate life however it wished. There are a number of examples of it using the power of "death", such as when Toa Ignika attempted to kill Pohatu, Lewa, Tanma and Photok by accelerating their aging in Shadows in the Sky, cursing Nocturn with killing every being he touched, absorbing life energy to unleash a sort of "Nova Blast", the list goes on. There's also the fact that the Great Beings built a fail-safe into the mask that, were the Matoran Universe thrown utterly and hopelessly out of balance, was to destroy every living thing in the Great Spirit robot. It counts as both the Mask of Life and the "Mask of Death", in my opinion, so I doubt that there ever was, or ever will be, a Mask of Death.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

To be honest, the Ignika is a Mask of Death, because Death is a subset of Life. :PBesides that, there is no individual mask for Death, because the Great Beings had no reason to make one. The Mask of Life could perform any of the few functions that a dedicated Mask of Death would be necessary for (such as destroying all life if things went out of balance), and served other purposes (such as providing a way to heal Mata Nui if necessary) as well.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Well, now that we know what we know about the Red Star, a "Mask of Death" would have been kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. :P

Not if it functioned was disintegrating its targets :P

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well, now that we know what we know about the Red Star, a "Mask of Death" would have been kinda silly in the grand scheme of things. :P

Not if it functioned was disintegrating its targets :P

In that case it would be considered a Mask of Disintegration

Well, due to Bionicle being a /child's toy/, I don't think they'd have an actual "mask of death". They may have something that implies it, but they'd never have an actual mask of death. :)

I don't think that's a limitation, especially since the Mask of Life caused direct death in the story before. Bsides, the story team has already put far worse in the story.

Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well, due to Bionicle being a /child's toy/, I don't think they'd have an actual "mask of death". They may have something that implies it, but they'd never have an actual mask of death. :)

Well we did rip a guy apart by at molecular levels.

Protection of the children from references of death doesn't really work when that happens near the end of 2008.

Well, the question has been taken care of, and right now we're just getting a bunch of the same answer phrased differently from multiple people.With nothing more left to do, think it's about time this thread closed? :lol:

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits