Does anyone still like Bionicle?

Maybe I'm stupid for asking this, but...

I've lately noticed a lot of members saying that they have moved on, don't like Bionicle anymore, "used to" like Bionicle, etc. Many have said that they stay only for the community, or the RPGs. Not that I have anything against those people, but I'm still into Bionicle, as much as when it was alive, really. So what about you guys? Anybody still have about the same level of interest in Bionicle that they did before?

(NOTE: Please don't take this as an accusation of not being a Real True Fan © or something. I swear, if you've moved on to Hero Factory or simply other, non-elemental-robot related interests, that's totally okay with me.)

• Upvote 1

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

I like BIONICLE.I do not adore it or anything, not anymore, but I do still really like it.Do I find the idea of it coming back abhorrent? Yes. But that doesn't really mean I've moved on from finding it interesting. I would not say my interest is anywhere near the level it once was, though.

AXKP5KC.png

I still like it as much as I did, but I don't see that as being incompatible with having "moved on". I'm not sitting down like a mule and waiting for it to come back; LEGO has given me plenty of other enjoyable things to pass the time with, such as Hero Factory.

I STILL like BIONICLE. It may seem like a lot of people say they've "moved on", and to a certain extent, I have as well, due to the fact that there is no new story. However, this doesn't mean that I've ceased to enjoy BIONICLE, it's just that I don't devote as much thought to it as I used to to.

I'm currently waving around my Phantoka Lewa.

weeeeI like Bionicle. I've moved on in the sense of accepting the end of Bionicle and buying HF sets, but I haven't moved on in the sense of not caring about Bionicle anymore.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I like Bionicle. I don't regret liking it. But nonetheless, I have indeed "moved on". I haven't done much with my Bionicle sets in some time. I haven't followed the story since Mata Nui defeated Makuta. I'm not going to dwell on its end, because in my mind it was wrapped up well, with the only exceptions being extraneous sideplots. And Lego has used what they learned from it to make what I believe to be even better themes, like Hero Factory and Ninjago.

Bionicle made up a huge part of my childhood. Many Adult Fans of Lego only get back into it after experiencing a "dark age", a period when they felt they had grown out of Lego before rediscovering it, which can range from only a few years to decades. I credit Bionicle for carrying me through what otherwise would have been my "dark age". It kept me buying Lego even when I was disillusioned with the traditional "System" offerings, and it roped me back in with the promise of shiny new Bionicle-compatible parts in themes like Knight's Kingdom and Exo-Force, which I found upon buying the sets were in some ways far superior to Bionicle.

So even though I have no desire for Bionicle to return, and I no longer have the same passion I had for it during its run, I never stopped "liking" Bionicle. I didn't "grow out of it" so much as grow back into Lego as a whole, and I'm thankful for Bionicle for helping me to do that.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've lost interest in it over the years, and have moved to different themes. After 2009-2010, I stopped keeping up with the story, so I wouldn't really consider myself a fan anymore. I certainly don't dislike it though.

Edited by Meiko

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I like BIONICLE. It was a big part of my childhood. With that said, I'm much more interested in a lot of the current themes where TLG has been able to take the lessons they learned during and since BIONICLE's lifespan and apply them.BIONICLE sets were not the best they could possibly have been, but many of them were still pretty excellent for their time, and I feel some of the most detailed, streamlined BIONICLE titan sets are still unmatched within their price points (Hero Factory large-scale figures show a lot of innovation but can not yet match the sculptural artistry of sets like Roodaka).The BIONICLE story was brilliantly ambitious. To be honest, I think it was perhaps too ambitious for TLG or any toy company to execute at its full potential. An ever-expanding story like that is quite difficult to pull off, particularly when the story is not itself the product that the company is trying to promote, and when the theme's backstory is vitally important to understanding the full significance of the current story arcs. More recent LEGO story themes like Ninjago have been less ambitious, but have occasionally been better-executed as a result (though LEGO Hero Factory's storytelling potential is hindered by the tragically cheesy TV episodes which form its core storytelling medium).Overall I think BIONICLE was a major milestone in the LEGO Group's history, but I gain greater enjoyment looking forward than looking back.

I'm still a Bionicle fan, although I'd say my interest isn't as great as when Bionicle was still around. I do enjoy reading the occasional news we get from Greg about the story, but I'm no longer a diehard fan like I once was.-TNTOS-

Edited by TNTOS

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I heart Bionicle and always will. ^_^

• Like 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Actually, I find that I have been more interested in the "additional storylines" of Bionicle since it finished.

But for proof that people still like Bionicle, just check out some member's profile pages, specifically About Me and Interest. Most people I see have Bionicle in at least ONE of those.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

No, I hate BIONICLE and everything about it! > :(

~Soran

Then why did you join BZPower thats a Bionicle Fansite? :P

I still like it.

Edited by Felinuva

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

I still love BIONICLE, maybe even more now. :)

Really my interest hasn't dwindled; there are times when my passion for it might cool down temporarily but it's always there, waiting to reignite. I've kept it alive by writing BIONICLE fanfiction, making fan videos, re-reading BIONICLE books and serials, and even making stop motion movies with friends (although I've become extremely busy with work and life in the past year, so I haven't had much time to do what I want.)

It's possible to have several other interests besides following and loving BIONICLE, and that's how I am. I haven't bought any LEGO sets since the end of BIONICLE's sets, since I only brought sets for BIONICLE. I've been following Hero Factory and Ninjago (the former's pretty average, the latter is good in it's own right) but I haven't brought any sets for them. I did buy a Hero Factory book, but most of the time I usually buy BIONICLE books that I don't have yet instead.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I hate Bionicle. I love Lincoln Logs. One time I went to a convention and thought it was going to be a Lincoln Log convention but there was only one Lincoln Log MOC there in the entire huge place, and I was like what the heck! It turned out it was really just a LEGO convention, but it made me really mad. I even joined this site to complain about it and then they ended up making me staff so I'm not really sure what's going on anymore.

(JK I really like Bionicle)

(but seriously Lincoln Logs)

well i'll admit that i am still a fan of bionicle i find it hard to be as enthusiastic about bionicle as i use to be since there are not many official stories going around as they use to be but i still try. The main reason i still support bionicle mainly for the MOCS and just the pure fact that on this site people support theories on bionicle and support bionicle in general where as that is hard to come by off the internet especially where i live i mean i live in a secluded town in alaska that has only about 800 people and i don't know anyone else who likes bionicle. and even though i lost almost my whole collection i still have faith in bionicle and still follow it. i mean losing a whole collection would make most people leave bionicle i didn't i never let it put me down.

so yes in simple terms i still follow bionicle

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i lost almost my whole collection

That's a sad story indeed. (By the way, it's great that so many people still like Bionicle! :))

Edited by Toa Alaka

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Of course. Granted, I'm not as ridiculously attached to it as I used to be, and I've fallen behind on anything that happened post-TLR. But I still have all my merchandise and I still watch the movies and read the books frequently. It hasn't lost its spark.

E25fB.jpg

I hate Bionicle. I love Lincoln Logs. One time I went to a convention and thought it was going to be a Lincoln Log convention but there was only one Lincoln Log MOC there in the entire huge place, and I was like what the heck! It turned out it was really just a LEGO convention, but it made me really mad. I even joined this site to complain about it and then they ended up making me staff so I'm not really sure what's going on anymore.

(JK I really like Bionicle)

(but seriously Lincoln Logs)

I don't see why there weren't more Lincoln Logs MOCs there. After all, Lincoln Logs is about as close to Lego as Bionicle. :P

(oh, the memories)

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother