Makuta Virus

During the Great Cataclysm, The Makuta releases his Makuta virus into the system of Mata Nui. How? How can you get a little bit of powder infect a being the size of Earth? How much did he use? He was in the right place to do it, the "brain" of Mata Nui, but where exactly would he have put it to get into Mata Nui's system? And Mata Nui probably had some form of an immune system to such things, or another Makuta probably would have done it a long time ago.

Also, since Mata Nui was mechanical, shouldn't the virus acted more like a computer virus? While bs01 says that the viruses are "energy-based organisims", I believe it has to work somewhat like a computer virus in order for it to work on Mata Nui (and other biomechanical beings).

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I think it was kind of like a computer virus. No other Makuta did it before because it was Teridax's idea, and Miserix thought rebelling against Mata Nui would be foolish. Also, Tren Krom unintentionally told the Makuta how to do it, so without his knowledge, they probably wouldn't have been able to. The virus was actually released about 300 years before the Cataclysm, it took that long to take effect.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Actually, we haven't a clue what the "Makuta virus" is or how it it exactly effects Mata Nui. The only thing we know about it is that it could be contained in a small chest, as TSO discovers one prototype on Xia

///////

It was also used on Takanuva by a Krika in an alternate universe. It was defined as a powder, and had to be inhaled to take effect. Yes, this was a different virus, but some principals should remain similar.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

Well, real-life viruses are tiny also, and can go years without their effects being discovered, often before it's too late.

In fact, what happened to Mata Nui was very similar to that, since it took ages for the virus' effects to be discovered, and even longer for the MU inhabitants to realize Mata Nui was dying.

How well will you die?

And Mata Nui probably had some form of an immune system to such things, or another Makuta probably would have done it a long time ago.

But then the same reasoning could be used on that Makuta, and so forth, so the reasoning doesn't work. ;) If there's a vulnerability, someone has to go first in using it. Also Terry would have known about it from TK through Mutran, not likely any others. And Mutran went insane so probably wasn't thinking clearly enough to form such a plan.

As to how the virus worked, given how long it took, my guess is it had a software component but the majority of it was the physical virus growing on the machinery, something like the Flood ships in Halo 3. As the virus spread, it could have a software dampening effect on the machinery it touched, but very slight. Maybe just a slight electrical drain without software involved at all in fact, feeding on the electricity to live for example, while slowly reducing the maximum power potential for the computers until they had to go into sleep mode.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Actually, we haven't a clue what the "Makuta virus" is or how it it exactly effects Mata Nui. The only thing we know about it is that it could be contained in a small chest, as TSO discovers one prototype on Xia

///////

It was also used on Takanuva by a Krika in an alternate universe. It was defined as a powder, and had to be inhaled to take effect. Yes, this was a different virus, but some principals should remain similar.

The Makuta used several different Viruses, all to varying effects from creating Rahi to, as you said, making someone fly. It might be a fine powder, or it might be a liquid.

So are you saying that Makuta farmed a species of fungus on the floor of the Coliseum and that made Mata Nui sleep? o_O

Brings in mind the Morbuzakh, actually...

////

You bring a really interesting idea to mind. Maybe, the morbuzakh had an alternative to spread the makuta virus around the city. Yes, he probably intruced the virus into Mata Nui long befor the Morbuzakh, but what if that is what pushed it over the top. It would be a brillant way to spread the virus easily, a fast growing, intelligent plant.

So are you saying that Makuta farmed a species of fungus on the floor of the Coliseum and that made Mata Nui sleep? o_O

Brings in mind the Morbuzakh, actually...

////

You bring a really interesting idea to mind. Maybe, the morbuzakh had an alternative to spread the makuta virus around the city. Yes, he probably intruced the virus into Mata Nui long befor the Morbuzakh, but what if that is what pushed it over the top. It would be a brillant way to spread the virus easily, a fast growing, intelligent plant.

I don't think so, the Morbuzakh's only known purpose was to drive the matoran into the center of Metru-Nui, and to bring fear.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I think the virus weakened Mata Nui so that when he came near Aqua Magna 300 years later, he was unable to overcome its gravity and crashed, knocking him unconscious.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think the virus weakened Mata Nui so that when he came near Aqua Magna 300 years later, he was unable to overcome its gravity and crashed, knocking him unconscious.

I wonder if it had to with Mata Nui's gravity controlling systems. We already know he had enough power in him to draw Bota Magna and Aqua Magna back to Bara Magna. Maybe his flight has something to do with gravity control....

I was thinking more like his rocket engines or navigation systems (too weak or too 'drowsy' to avoid crashing).

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Remember that Po-Koro virus? Maybe it's similar to that.

////

The maddening? I think that's more similar to the infected masks used on rahi/lewa more than this. I think what that is is a virus clinging to kanohi (giving it the rusty appearance) or ball, and infecting the victim through that.

Edited by Toa Of Virtues

////

The maddening? I think that's more similar to the infected masks used on rahi/lewa more than this. I think what that is is a virus clinging to kanohi (giving it the rusty appearance) or ball, and infecting the victim through that.

I mean the structure of the virus. Because they're all biomechanical beings, Mata Nui included.

Wasn't a virus, it was the same sort of infection that Infected Masks had. In fact, the Comets were just laying next to a Infected Kanohi, if I remember correctly.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Wasn't a virus, it was the same sort of infection that Infected Masks had. In fact, the Comets were just laying next to a Infected Kanohi, if I remember correctly.

That's what I mean. I'm not saying that they're the same, but I'm saying that the Virus could make someone sick in the same way those infected Comets did.

WAIT?! Isn't "Makuta Virus" Antidermis? But if I am wrong, then it could have been like a computer virus that put the entire universe to sleep during the Great Cataclysm.

Nope antidermis is the essence of a Makuta a Makuta virus is just a virus.

Oh, I was wrong after all. Well then, it quite possibly have been a computer virus type thing that put Mata Nui to sleep.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.