Fire and Snow

Ezorov

I just can't get over how much I love this picture!!! I just really admire any digital artwork, ever. So much details!! =O Plus plus plus plus plus plus!! The birdie is really really adorable =3 And ummm I can't say much else, except keep up the awesomeness. And didn't you say this was your first ever dragon? I'm still admiring it. Still. =D

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I really like the dragon's design. I like the theme set in winter and the dragon's coloration seems to fit very well. Its spine looks almost like cold fire; if you recolored the dragon in warm colors it would look like a dragon that might dwell in a volcano. I like seeing that design mixed with the cool colors.

Now, the scale patterns could use some work. I'm by no means an expert on scales, however, I feel the pattern should help mold the shape of his face (smaller near the eyes in an almost circular fashion and expanding outwards, a notable lip line near the mouth, etc. I'd recommend looking up reptile references and maybe some fish if you ever wanted to draw an aquatic dragon). Also, I think his left paw has his claw digits too short towards the middle.

As for the concept, I like how we're only seeing part of the dragon here, and I love how he's just staring at the bird in front of him. I also think the red in the wood and the bird also give a nice contrast to the white snow and blue of the dragon and I like that his shadow is a warm color as well.

Overall, this is a nice drawing in my opinion. I haven't drawn many dragons myself, so I'm afraid I can't offer too much more criticism.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

• 2 weeks later...

@Tekulo: As much time as I worked on the scales, I definitely wish I could've put more work into them, and I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind for the next dragon I attempt (gah, an aquatic dragon D: that's definitely next on my list!!). But yeah, now that you point it out, I do see that his fingers are at awkward lengths. >.< I'll have to watch out for that next time.And thank you for the fantastic critique/comment. : D@Aderia and Sky: Ahh, thanks so much for the encouraging comments! c:

bannnnner.png

I'll admit, just the word dragon was enough to draw me in. And I really like this picture, I think the detail in the scales is simply fantastic and his (assuming it's a he) expression while staring at the robin is adorable. The melted snow around him is a really nice detail as well. I guess the only thing I'm unsure about is the rather sharp jawline, but that's a minor qualm. A very nice job. =D

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

• 2 weeks later...

This is adorable! The dragon's expression is priceless, and the bird is cute. Which reminds me, I now need to go and write a background story to this picture because this is just too good to pass up. xD So, in all, it is an adorable piece of art, and keep up the good work. Sorry for an incredibly short review, but math is keeping me busy at the moment, and I wanted to comment on this. Fantastic job again. =)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'll admit, just the word dragon was enough to draw me in. And I really like this picture, I think the detail in the scales is simply fantastic and his (assuming it's a he) expression while staring at the robin is adorable. The melted snow around him is a really nice detail as well. I guess the only thing I'm unsure about is the rather sharp jawline, but that's a minor qualm. A very nice job. =D

Thank you so much! I'm very happy to hear you liked it! And honestly I wasn't entirely sure if the snow turned out the greatest (it's actually not very easy to draw I found D:)but it's good to know that it worked out well regardless. But yeah, I see what you mean about his jaw, and thank you for pointing it out.Anywho, thanks a ton for dropping by and leaving such a nice comment! c:Sorry I took so long to reply ^^;

This is adorable! The dragon's expression is priceless, and the bird is cute. Which reminds me, I now need to go and write a background story to this picture because this is just too good to pass up. xD So, in all, it is an adorable piece of art, and keep up the good work. Sorry for an incredibly short review, but math is keeping me busy at the moment, and I wanted to comment on this. Fantastic job again. =)

Thanks a lot, Peach! Ahhh, I would be honoured if you wrote a story based off of this!And it's definitely not a problem; any comment at all is very much appreciated. ^^

bannnnner.png