Bionicle Chess Set

Astris Janus

A fair while back, a friend of mine (Yio654) and I, being avid chess players and huge Bionicles fans, had a conversation about making a Bionicle chess set. Not actually a chess set made from Bionicle pieces, but a chess set with Bionicle styled pieces.

We had some ideas, his mainly boiling down to just a good vs evil of the Bionicle universe, and mine being based on some more specific themes, such as Island of Mata Nui, Dark Hunters vs Toa or, my personal choice, Order of Mata Nui vs Brotherhood of Makuta.

For the OoMN vs BoM set I proposed, white was OoMN and they would have generic Toa as pawns, most likely Trinuma and Tobduk as rooks (being the two largest members of the Order), Krakua and... maybe Botar(?) as knights, Axonn and Brutaka as bishops, Helryx as the queen (being female and one of the most powerful members of the Order) and the stone that represents Mata Nui as the king.

Black would be BoM, with Rahkshi as pawns. I strugled with the other pieces for the BoM side, debating over the choice of king and queen and being totally uncertain about any of the other pieces.

So anyway, I propose the question; if you could make a Bionicle chess set, what theme would it be and what/who would be each piece?

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Chess? Great, I like them!

Now, I think I'd be fine with Dark Hunters vs Toa. Toa are obviously White. White King is Dume, Black King is The Shadowed One.

Then, Nidhiki would be great as one of the Black Bishops and Krekka instead would make an excellent Tower.

The six Toa Metru, plus Lhikan, plus Naho would be the Pawns.

For the other pieces, I can't remember of others, so I can't say.

well for your original idea of the oomn versus bom i think the maybe roodaka or gorast could be the queen since both of them at one point had titles involving queens of something.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

well for your original idea of the oomn versus bom i think the maybe roodaka or gorast could be the queen since both of them at one point had titles involving queens of something.

The only reason I didn't do that was because Roodaka wasn't really with the Brotherhood that much and Gorast isn't really high ranked. At one point I considered Teridax as king and Icarax as queen simply because he was second in command :P

Now, I think I'd be fine with Dark Hunters vs Toa. Toa are obviously White. White King is Dume, Black King is The Shadowed One.

Then, Nidhiki would be great as one of the Black Bishops and Krekka instead would make an excellent Tower.

I like it! :D Sentrakh or Darkness would make an excellent Black Queen. :P

Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

Astris Janus

--------------------

Uhm, I'm not sure what you meant with "I like it! :D ": was it to correct my "them" or to show appreciation for my chess set idea?

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

For the BoM, I would say: Rakshi as pawns, Icarax and Miserix as rooks because they are huge, as knights, I would put Krika and Bitil. Bishops would be Mutran and Chirox. Queen is Gorast because she is female, and of course we would have The Makuta Stone from the Mata Nui Saga as King.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

Astris Janus

--------------------

Uhm, I'm not sure what you meant with "I like it! :D ": was it to correct my "them" or to show appreciation for my chess set idea?

Oh sorry! I mean I like the idea for your chess set :D

For the BoM, I would say: Rakshi as pawns, Icarax and Miserix as rooks because they are huge, as knights, I would put Krika and Bitil. Bishops would be Mutran and Chirox. Queen is Gorast because she is female, and of course we would have The Makuta Stone from the Mata Nui Saga as King.

You know, I think this is pretty good actually :D

Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

• 3 weeks later...

I've always liked the Dark Hunters, and I think they would make a great chess team. I know someone above me posted one, but I think I can improve upon it a little.

Pawns would be Hordika Dragons

King would be the Shadowed One

Queen would be Sentrakh

Bishops would be Nidhiki and Krekka

Knights would be Seeker and Primal

Rooks could just be some Dark Hunter styled towers

Once, my friend and I took as many of my sets as we could, and brought them all out to the living room so we could have a giant chess game with them. Not sure if that's really on topic, but the title just made me think of that.

Having a BIONICLE-styled chess set would be pretty cool. I would probably choose the factions Order of Mata Nui (white) and the Brotherhood (black). Helryx would be the queen (Because she's female, and no other reason besides), and Tobduk would be the king. Axonn and Brutaka would be the bishops, Hydraxon and Maxilos as the knights, and Botar and his replacement as the rooks. Pawns would just be a bunch of duplicates of Spinax and Mazeka.

Brotherhood pieces would have Terry as the king, Gorast as the queen, Mutran and Chirox as bishops, Icarax and Antroz as rooks, and Bitil and Tridax as knights. Pawns would be the Shadow Matoran.

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

You could even have a chess set per year, for example:2006:White I've thought of this before. Personally, I would really like a League of Six Kingdoms set.

Edited by Black Six

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

• 2 weeks later...