"Viva La Resistance" Background

Click

So, I've been needing a background for my computer, so I threw this together. I've always loved the Voya Nui Resistance Team (partially because I'm working on revamping a few), since they're some of the last survivors of the Piraka and were some of the few major Matoran heroes in the Bionicle story alongside Chronicler's Company. I hope you guys like it, feel free to use it.

Viva La Resistance

vnrtbackground.png_thumb.jpg

(It's kind of large, so wait a while)

Tools Used:Adobe Photoshop 11 (copy and pasted images, erased edges, etc.)

I really like this! I like the floor that they are standing on and how reflective it is, cool effect. The only thing that I wouldn't have done was make the Voya Nui Zamor symbol the 'e' in "resistance." It looks out of place and doesn't look like an 'e' IMO. And the floor doesn't line up right with Piruk's foot. Everything else looks pretty epic. :)

new_sig_legacy_2.png

I'd mostly agree with the above post, but I'd say that the Voya Nui symbol doesn't look out of place in the image, it's just substituting the wrong letter. I think it would be better as the letter 'A', with the symbol normally oriented. If the glowy dot (technical term :P) in the Zamor symbol were where the dot in the 'A' symbol were, I think that could work.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 4 weeks later...

It looks nice, but I don't know... to me I think it feels a bit crowded, and everything seems a bit centered. Maybe give it a little more asymmetrical feel to it. Plus, they are the resistance and it should look a bit more rebellious!

Lehvorak

<< LEHVORAK ZONE >>

Web Design - Graphic Design - Illustration

Find out more on:

_

DeviantART_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

I like this background very much. The Voya Nui style Matoran lettering is a nice touch. I too like the Voyatoran, and congratulate you on this new piece of artwork.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

I really like this, like how you put Vezok's face in the background and how the text is in a neonish green color. One thing that looks out of place is the "e" in "resistance", but everything else is good.

I really like this! I like the floor that they are standing on and how reflective it is, cool effect. The only thing that I wouldn't have done was make the Voya Nui Zamor symbol the 'e' in "resistance." It looks out of place and doesn't look like an 'e' IMO. And the floor doesn't line up right with Piruk's foot. Everything else looks pretty epic. :)

Thank you very much, this was actually my first test of a reflective look, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

With the Zamor, I was trying to make sure to tie in Voya Nui somewhere, and I already had the background in place, so I couldn't really use it there. That was what seemed to be the best option, mostly because the "e" was in the middle of the word, and the two peninsulas line up with the top and bottom lines of the :e: , at least in theory.

I really tried to get some good images, but these were pretty much the best ones I could find that weren't terrible quality. Some of the reflections don't line up because of it, but just imagine that Piruk was late to the photoshoot. :D

I'd mostly agree with the above post, but I'd say that the Voya Nui symbol doesn't look out of place in the image, it's just substituting the wrong letter. I think it would be better as the letter 'A', with the symbol normally oriented. If the glowy dot (technical term :P) in the Zamor symbol were where the dot in the 'A' symbol were, I think that could work.

I could try that, I still have the WIP file somewhere. I was just worried about the balance of the shot, and what the island would look like over the :a: .

It looks nice, but I don't know... to me I think it feels a bit crowded, and everything seems a bit centered. Maybe give it a little more asymmetrical feel to it. Plus, they are the resistance and it should look a bit more rebellious!

Lehvorak

Well, I tried to make it symmetrical for the most part, with the layered triangle look to make it feel cohesive, but I really like what I'm picturing with what you're saying. I have been considering redoing this with the Voya Nui High-tech Graphitti look in the background, and that would look pretty cool.

If I had the time though, I would have tried to model them in 3D, and then posed them in some awesome, "rebellious" poses, but this was just a quick, for fun experiment I had in my head, so I didn't want to go too far. Those were really the best images I could find though, I wish there were more.

Thanks for all the reviews guys!