The Acer Kit [Beta]

The Venom

The Acer Kit [beta]Three-Shade VersionMy new BIONICLE sprite kit.The goal of this kit is to provide decent customization to the user,without having to change too much on the main sprite.To be a kit like no other.The kit is 5-shades.Not 3. Not 6. BUT 5.Thoughts and criticism encouraged.(I'm considering a 4-shade version of the kit)(for those who hate recoloring 5-shade)(Thoughts on that would be nice as well)

-Updates--New Piraka Skull-Shading has been slightly modified-Color Palette has been slightly modified-A few masks have been modified-Pohatu Feet-Using the Kit-If there are any accessories or extras you have in mind to make your use of the kit more easilyto handle for whatever it may be, comics, games, etc, I'll be glad to add them.If this kit is used, be sure to give credit to me, The Venom.It's been a great year working on this and hearing thoughts from my friends along the way.Thank you, and great thanks to my younger brother, who goes by 'Acer',whome I dedicate this kit to.-V-

Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

This is really incredible so far! And I'm a little surprised someone's using a 5 bit kit. Congrats on that work, it's impressive!

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

The kit is 5-shades.Not 3. Not 6. BUT 5.

Why is that important? I mean, is that why the kit's so unique? Because it has five shades? I don't see what makes that any more important than an original kit with four or six shades or whatever. Seriously, though, it looks great. Though I can't help but feel some of the masks are weird shrunken versions of their counterparts in the old MNOLG kit, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I don't see myself using it anytime in the forseeable future, but excellent work nonetheless.

The kit is 5-shades.Not 3. Not 6. BUT 5.

Why is that important? I mean, is that why the kit's so unique? Because it has five shades? I don't see what makes that any more important than an original kit with four or six shades or whatever. Seriously, though, it looks great. Though I can't help but feel some of the masks are weird shrunken versions of their counterparts in the old MNOLG kit, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. I don't see myself using it anytime in the forseeable future, but excellent work nonetheless.
Well, I wasn't trying to make that implication.It was just a play on the fact the kit's 5 shades, and it's usually a rare feature in other kits. XPThe MNOLG Kit actually played a role when it came to mask references, now that you mention it.But I'm glad you think it's great.Thanks to everybody else for the compliments! -V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

That's quite a sizable amount of epic win you have there, good sir. No seriously, it's been a long time since I've seen something THIS good on the forums. Game makers and animators will love you forever.Not only does it look great for animations, but I can actually see this kind of stuff used in a comic series or something....Why won't the screen accept it when I throw money at it?

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

hallo.gif HALLOWEEN UPDATE!Happy Halloween, everyone. Got a few updates.-Toa Nuva Poses-Two New Sets of Matoran Poses-Updated Rahkshi a bit-New Pumpkin and Jack-O-Lantern!More updates soon to come! -V-

Lovin' what you've got here, Ven. One of my favorite new kits I've seen on the forums in some time; the detail is great, and i love the body and mask designs. And the Piraka skull is epic win. I'm also quite partial to the designs of the Bohrok, not exactly sure why but they really speak to me. To end my post; that pumpkin is amazing. Good work. -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Wow. 5 shades makes it look sooo realistic! Specially the masks! Great job!

Someone needs to pay you for this kit. It's too awesome to be a free product. XD

This is pretty amazing stuff you've got here. I like how the pixels look like bionicle characters.

Sick Kit Ven. I think I'm gonna make myself a New avatar with this one. Great Work :) -Star

Overall, I can't see how this is beta. It's AMAZING! How did you do it?

mindeth the cobwebs

I rather like this kit. :DIf I ever use it, I shall give credit to you and your bro.

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

Wow, that is incredible. The Matoran look a bit weird, but that's okay, considering the Toa are AMAZING. Really good. THese would be great for a game or something...Huh, for some reason, it reminds me of Rayg...--:ruru:

banner.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. I'm glad the kit's being very well received so far.Apologies for my brief inactivity and lack of updates.I've had a lot to do recently, but I will make time to update again.Definitely expect more pre-made poses coming along the way.I'm also very open to requests and suggestions.If you have any, don't hesitate to tell me. :D-V-

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. I'm glad the kit's being very well received so far.Apologies for my brief inactivity and lack of updates.I've had a lot to do recently, but I will make time to update again.Definitely expect more pre-made poses coming along the way.I'm also very open to requests and suggestions.If you have any, don't hesitate to tell me. :biggrin:-V-

I have a suggestion/question and a request, if you don't mind.My suggestion/question is this: Is it possible to make another version that's three-shaded? I find those easier to look at and recolor. If you can't, then that's fine. :) I can see how hard it would be.My request is this: Do you think you could sprite a VNOG version of the Ignika? That's my favorite mask shape ^_^Thanks for your time. :D

Ah, I've been waiting for a shade-downgrade request. Just seems natural. XPThanks for your suggestions! I'll be including them in the next update which should be up later this week. -V-

Ah, I've been waiting for a shade-downgrade request. Just seems natural. XP Thanks for your suggestions! I'll be including them in the next update which should be up later this week. -V-

Well, I'm a simple person. I like things simple :POoh! I had more ideas, and I'll share since you seem to like them. :)Do you think you could make more angles of the bodies, including the Bohrok? (and Rahkshi I guess, but I'm a bigger fan of the Bohrok). This would obviously take much more time, so do take your time. ^_^ I'm guessing you were planning on doing this eventually, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, finally got around to finishing the update.-Kit's been laid out differently.-Some Toa Metru pre-made poses.-Default colors for Toa are now Red and Orange rather than Red and Gold.-I tried a VNOG version of the Ignika. (In the Extras portion) I might just redo it later though.-New Hau. Again. Probably the final Hau.-A Three-Shade version of the entire kit including the above updates.The three-shade version is open to any edits or corrections.-V-