BIONICLE Concept Art by Faber

The_Didact

Cool :o

Did he make up the stuff about the web, or is it true?

He presumably made it up, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Christian Faber was a major force behind the BIONICLE story and art direction from the beginning, so this is just as "official" as any other preliminary information. Of course since a lot of this info wasn't ever presented in official, finalized story sources, there's no way of knowing for sure that it's "canon" short of asking Faber himself.

So great that Christian Faber is sharing this kind of stuff with us.

Good to see some true concept art again. We haven't seen too much of 2005, so that's great. Too bad Faber hasn't explained why the poem was changed but that doesn't detract from anything. :P-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

He presumably made it up, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Christian Faber was a major force behind the BIONICLE story and art direction from the beginning, so this is just as "official" as any other preliminary information. Of course since a lot of this info wasn't ever presented in official, finalized story sources, there's no way of knowing for sure that it's "canon" short of asking Faber himself.

Oh, I see. I though it was just a fan.

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Takua the Chronicler7

I like the first one. It's much more detailed than the cover of my Web of Shadows book. The Visorak web thing also got my interest, but I can't say much about the poem.

The ignition one is great! Too bad they never made the trilogy :(. I think I speak for everyone when I say we would want this. One question though: I'm assuming the voya nui arc would be movie 1, mahri nui #2, but what would be #3? Would it be karda nui? Is is part the ignition?

Karda Nui was originally supposed to be part of Ignition, but was changed to Toa Nuva due to more interest in having them back, if I recall correctly.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

That, and I think the plan to shift gears and do a "reboot" with Mata Nui and Bara Magna happened sooner than originally intended.
Yeah, the original intent was for the Karda Nui (sky setting) arc to be the third year of the Ignition saga and to conclude with Mata Nui being brought back to life, followed by three years of the Toa Nuva going on a quest to reawaken Mata Nui (possibly connected with some early plans for the keystones to be hidden not in Karda Nui but in the parts of the Matoran Universe that correspond to the parts of the Mata Nui symbol they represent).The change was made because the writers wanted to conclude the Matoran Universe story arc sooner and take the story to a setting outside the MU. As such, they pushed the revival of Mata Nui into 2007 and squeezed the Toa Nuva's reawakening of Mata Nui and battle with the Brotherhood of Makuta into 2008. In my opinion this was a very wise decision, as stretching this story arc out too much further could have caused it to become stale before it reached its climax, and 2007 and 2008 were in my opinion some of the best-written story years of the entire theme, regardless of how much story was condensed into that short span. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time