First Lego Set Ever

Eeko

Couldn't tell you. I have a couple of small models my dad owned as a kid, so those are the oldest, but my first (I'm not exactly sure) was a Lego Star Wars Naboo Starfighter that my uncle gave me for a birthday...I think.

Couldn't tell you. I have a couple of small models my dad owned as a kid, so those are the oldest, but my first (I'm not exactly sure) was a Lego Star Wars Naboo Starfighter that my uncle gave me for a birthday...I think. Cool stuff. :)

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

• 4 weeks later...

Aw geez, it was such a long time ago that I can think of three different sets that could have been my first. 4794 Alpha Team Command Sub could be one. I remember my dad buying it for me and I built it on the floor of my room in the daytime with the lights off. 4726 Quidditch Practice is another. I started building it late at night (read: 7:30pm. I was like, 6, okay?) and I had to have my mom finish the tower for me while I went to bed. 6738 Skateboard Challenge is the last possible set. I remember I used to take it apart and put it together endlessly. All three sets came out around the same time, and are long since scattered into my parts bins, garbage dumps, and Mata Nui knows where else, but sometimes I'll be digging though a bin and a part will turn up, and I'll get waves of nostalgia.-Longcat is Long!

I USED TO BE LONGCAT IS LONG!

tumblr_m42b4aGmdZ1qkibivo1_500.jpg
My Blog. Read it. Nao.

My Steam name is [TDC] Blitzkitteh, feel free to add me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently realized that my post earlier in this thread was incorrect. While 5975 was my first large set, my actual first set would have been 2540, Catapult Cart. It was promotional release with Shell gas stations. I saw the LEGO sign in front of a station as we were driving by, and pointed it out to my parents. We must have been low on gas anyways because we pulled in and my mother went inside to ask about the promotion. She returned with a pamphlet showing all of the sets available, and asked me to choose. I was excited to see that Basil the Batlord, one of my favorite characters from the LEGO Racers video game, was featured in not one but two of the availible sets. I indicated that I wanted 2539 (Flying Machine), which had Basil on a neat flying craft as well as his iconic sword and shield. I was dissapointed when my mother returned with the decidedly less exciting 5975, but it still had Basil, so it really wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.I also remember building the set, and being disappointed by Basil's face when I saw it for the first time. The day must have been quite momentous for me, as I remember it very clearly.The one problem I have encountered is the fact that Brickset states that the promotion ran in 1998. This is impossible. At the time, I would have been two, and probably not yet old enough to articulate the fact that I saw a sign that said LEGO out the window. I also know that I recognized Basil from LEGO Racers. However, that game was not released until the later half of 1999, around the time I got it. I can only assume our local Shell was running the promotion late or something. Or that my mind has created this intricate story by itself, and I was somehow careful enough to keep my first LEGO set complete at the young age of two up to the present.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend