You're Reading This In My Voice, Aren't You.

HordikaMode

When you read a Bionicle book, do you read in the voice they were given in the movies? I didn't realize it until last year when I decided to read the 2008 books. I noticed that in my mind, Lewa sounded like a leprechaun, and Kopaka had a quiet scratchy voice in my brain. Then when I read the original Chronicles, I imagined the characters as they were seen in Mask of Light, and they spoke with those voices. Has anyone else had this happen to them?! It's weird!

LlqByyh.png

I try to, like I do with every book. Occasionally I'll just forget and start reading in that beautiful monotone voice my mind creates for me.

No, I don't really do that much, given I don't remember any of the voices from the movies. Also, my initial reaction to the title:good_news_everyone.png ~B~

My initial thoughts were, "Whose voice? How can I read it in someones voice when there's nothing specific to- Ohhhhhh."

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Yeah, I do, because I generally agree with a lot of the movie voices they picked. For those that weren't in movies, I try to imagine what they'd sound like given their personality, the way they speak, and sometimes build (big giant Nocturn probably has a deeper voice than the thin Takadox, for example). People who saw my posts in old "celebrity voice cast" threads knew how into it I got. :P

rahkshi_symbol.png

The voices I hear are influenced, but not completely determined by the movies and other sources. I generally have my own idea for them.

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey