X-Men: Discussion Topic

Krayzikk

I would like to join, but what is this plot thing I've been hearing about about?Sorry for asking, been gone for a bit

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Be a perfect time for Hannah then, I'll join with Hannah.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

So. I'm bored.

Anyone need any tips on how to co-wait.

....Supremacy's body....

....So. What would it cost to slice his skin off, clone it, and use it as padding in power armor?

Would it retain the powers Supremacy had? Like the ability to tank bullets and AP?

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Name: Hanna Lovejoy

Codename: None

Faction: None

Power: Hanna has the ability to manipulate, alter, and even nullify the emotions, feelings, and sensations in those around her; through the use of a psychic ability. She is empathic, and can accurately read the emotions of those around her. Her power decreases with range. Additionally, she will share all emotions, feelings, and sensations of those around her. For this reason, she doesn't use her power for anything other than positive emotions or feelings, as she will share negative ones with her target. Because her psionic power deals with the emotional centers of the brain, standard mental shielding only slightly dampens it's effects, while more training is required to completely defend against it. Her mental abilities also manifest themselves as a form of telekinesis, though it is considerably less powerful than mutants with similar powers.

Appearance: Hanna is quite average looking, not really one to draw attention to herself. Red hair, bright green eyes, freckles, olive complexion, average build, and slightly below average height; she's the kind of person you don't really notice unless she's talking directly at you. Not being noticed is entirely fine with her, and she prefers it.

Weapons: None. (And it doesn't look like she would even dream of using any).

Skills: Reading people's emotions, even without her powers. Calming situations. Being friendly. Not being noticed.

Personality: Hanna is quiet, shy, and generally tries to make herself smaller. She's nice, always trying to help out at least a bit. Once she gets to know someone better, her somewhat bubbly personality shows through. Unfortunately, her mood can change quite dramatically depending on what the people around her are feeling. It can get quite bad when that area is filled with conflicting emotions. Hanna doesn't like to fight, and would rather use her powers to calm a situation than anything else.

Weakness: She has absolutely no fighting experience what so ever. The more people in the area that she is in, the more separate emotions she feels herself. As such it can get quite confusing, especially when the emotions are strong or conflicting.

Bio: Hanna's powers had always given her a passive empathic ability, even when she was young. However, the ability to acutely sense what others were feeling around her didn't do much to help in terms of socially interacting with others. While she could understand people better than they could understand themselves, he power lead to rather one-sided discussions. Already shy to begin with, Hanna became somewhat of an introvert, staying away from groups of people as much as possible, partly because it saved her from unnecessary amounts of emotional confliction, and partly because of being rather shy. Despite this, she had a fairly normal life, or as normal as she could get with her powers. Because her abilities lacked any sort of visual aspect to them, most people are unaware of them. She does have a brother, who also has powers of his own, though his deal with manipulating space as opposed to the mind.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I'd suggest a faraday cage, myself. I always envisioned telepathy working along the EM spectrum, not alpha and beta particles. =P

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Personally, I'd suggest blocking psionics with psionics. Create a strong set of psychic shields, create a sapient thoughtform to provide additional defense, and use a radionics box to cancel out any incoming attacks using a balancing rate. Of course, you'd need a pretty darn powerful mage/psion for that.

Well, 4 people with the same physical attribute isn't too bad. I mean, we've got three gyrokinetics, at least 5 regenerators, and a whole whack of super strength.

I believe Alaric can grow wings as well. So thats five. And I think there was someone with metal wings, but I might be thinking of Jared in his armour. But we did have Ashlynn who only recently passed away. So a somewhat nebulous seven

7AOYGDJ.jpg

... Seriously?

Yes. That's not to say you can't do it, but yes. We have two. Rebekah Fell, former Weapon X assassin. And White Lightning, a relatively new character.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Name: Rex DrakeCodename: SpartaAge: 17Gender: MaleFaction: SHIELDPower(S): Enhanced strength/speed/agility/sensesAppearance: Rex has spiky black hair and piercing silver eyes. He has several scars on his face: one on his left cheek in the shape of a crescent moon with three slashes through it, and a T-shaped one on his right cheek that stretches from the base of his ear to under his eye. His suit consists of a black body glove, with gold-colored titanium-plated Kevlar armor plates on his shins, chest, upper and lower arms.Weapons: Telescopic spear, shield, short swordSkills: Hand-to-hand and close-quarters combatPersonality: Kind of quiet, but once you get to know him, he is friendly. He dislikes killing, and refrains from using deadly force on his opponents (unless facing a robot).Weakness: Habit of disobeying orders to help others, big groups (unless in combat), sometimes has a habit of using too much forceBio: Orphaned when he was young, Rex was "adopted" to become the ultimate assassin. He was trained and augmented by a cruel and unforgiving master. Over time, he began formulating a plan that culminated to one thing: the death of his master. However, his master got wind of this, and attempted to kill him. After a long and grueling battle, Rex had killed his master. Soon, he became an assassin and spy, and was eventually recruited by SHIELD.

Kind of a few too many powers. You're only supposed to have a max of three. Unless they're all weaker than the powers they normally would be, in which case, maybe.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG