Zamarslide 2.0: A Tribute Mata Nui

Anyone remember my Zamarslide 1.0? Well, I took that concept and made it bigger and better! Basically, it's a Bionicle roller coaster that incorperates a scene from each of the six Koro of Mata Nui. Video: http-~~-//vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=30604526&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00ADEF&fullscreen=1.swf Pictures: 1314389374m_SPLASH.jpg Lots of ugly beams It's a long way down From the back Matoran, Rahi and props Bye! More photos available upon request. This was a challenging build for me. I originally meant to have a loop-de-loop after the Ta-Koro section, but it wasn't tall enough for the Zamars to get enough momentum. I think the hill worked well, though. I never quite knew what the next section of track would be, so it's kind of just tacked-together. Were I to rebuild it, I could make it more stable and uniform. I first started building this forever ago, and then it got stuck in a closet half-built for months while I focused on other projects. It was done for a while before I got around to photographing it. It was dismantled immediately after because it was such a strain on parts. Technic beams and ball joints especially- it used 27 individual ball joints! I plan on making this just the first of a line of Zamarslides, each based around a period of Bionicle. Ruki fish design belongs to Bundalings. I hope you liked it! Be sure to leave some C&C! Oh, and does anyone know how to make the video bigger? I can't figure it out...

Edited by Lego Obsessionist

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Wow. I got the email notification for this topic, and I clicked on the link to the video, and...just wow. This is ingenious. I've never seen your first version of this, but I'm sure since I saw this one first, I'd be kinda disappointed. :P Where do I even start...? I'm still just baffled by the concept, and it's really inspiring me to build a Zamor marble-machine-contraption-thingy. It's bloody brilliant. The addition of the Rahi and all 6 breeds of Matoran also help to give it a bit of flair, especially on the Le- and Po-Koro sections. Also, that the Matoran are in action instead of just sitting there stagnant, i.e. fishing out of a river and carving a stone statue instead of just lazing around like Matoran do, really adds to the excitement of it. I really only have two recommendations for it - firstly, that you put the Onu-Matoran in a bit more action. I'd say he's the only exception to the activeness of the whole thing that I talked about, earlier; it just looks like he's sitting there. And maybe throw in some Lightstone mines or something. Which leads into my second suggestion - try to clean up a bit on the beams on the bottom. It just looks like a bit of landscape/mashed diorama-ing with major holes that are just begging to get filled in by even more landscaping/mashed diorama-ing. But don't get me wrong, this thing is wonderful, and the video definitely put a smile on my face. :)

Wow,Wow this is a masterpiece!The movement of the zamor sphere slide is amazing how you put it together to work.The idea of putting each koro is pure genius.It must of took a load of time to make this masterpiece.Thanks for showing this piece of art!

Edited by PrestoPotato

Wow. I got the email notification for this topic, and I clicked on the link to the video, and...just wow. This is ingenious. I've never seen your first version of this, but I'm sure since I saw this one first, I'd be kinda disappointed. :P Where do I even start...? I'm still just baffled by the concept, and it's really inspiring me to build a Zamor marble-machine-contraption-thingy. It's bloody brilliant. The addition of the Rahi and all 6 breeds of Matoran also help to give it a bit of flair, especially on the Le- and Po-Koro sections. Also, that the Matoran are in action instead of just sitting there stagnant, i.e. fishing out of a river and carving a stone statue instead of just lazing around like Matoran do, really adds to the excitement of it. I really only have two recommendations for it - firstly, that you put the Onu-Matoran in a bit more action. I'd say he's the only exception to the activeness of the whole thing that I talked about, earlier; it just looks like he's sitting there. And maybe throw in some Lightstone mines or something. Which leads into my second suggestion - try to clean up a bit on the beams on the bottom. It just looks like a bit of landscape/mashed diorama-ing with major holes that are just begging to get filled in by even more landscaping/mashed diorama-ing. But don't get me wrong, this thing is wonderful, and the video definitely put a smile on my face. :)

The Zamorslide 1.0 was merely about five inches of track bringing the zamars up and a straightforward slope back down to the bottom. So, yeah, not much after 2.0. Thank you for taking the time to give some constructive critisism, I appriciate it. I have yet to get much of that on this MOC. I agree on both counts. Honestly, I finished the actual roller coaster aspect before I got around to the Onu-Matoran, so I made him a s quickly and easily as possible so I could be done with it. In short: I'm lazy. About the messy beams, as I said, I was deciding what to build as I went along, so I just tacked on whatever I needed without altering anything I had already built. With something as delicate as this, once you get it right, you really don't want to run the risk of messing it up while messing with it. If I had more parts in the nessecary colors and types I would love to make the entire thing covered in landscaping, but I don't, so I didn't.

It must of took a load of time to make this masterpiece.

Thank you! And yes, it did. I worked on it on and off for months. When I was working on it, however, I worked on it obsessively.

Ooh, motors. I never really knew how to make such a thing work. But, it works. The core seems sturdy, which is good for anything that moves. And the "additions", the matoran on the side, are awesome. They give the ride some character. BTW, have you tried adding some armor to the beams? It would look much more attractive. And I think that you could make it into a Kraata ride if you wanted to. Any way, though, it gets a gold star from me.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Ooh, motors. I never really knew how to make such a thing work. But, it works. The core seems sturdy, which is good for anything that moves. And the "additions", the matoran on the side, are awesome. They give the ride some character. BTW, have you tried adding some armor to the beams? It would look much more attractive. And I think that you could make it into a Kraata ride if you wanted to. Any way, though, it gets a gold star from me.

What do you mean, armor the beams? I don't want the beams to look armored, that would make the entire MOC look advanced technologically, as opposed the the low-tech Mata Nui island. A Kraata ride would be in a whole 'nother difficulty range than this. It's alot easier to make a track for balls to roll down that a track for a cart.

Now this is ridiculous! I love the whole concept of it, and i love how you creatively and strategically placed every little vingette-matoran-koro station so that the zamors would continue to flow so smoothly and fast. Wathing the video brings back all the Mata-Nui memories. Great job! - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

Ha, very clever curiosity you have there. I don't really mind the black beams so much - but it would be nice if you could extend each matoran section so they all met together and then the whole thing would be like a circuit. Anywho 9/10 - wish I had the patience to make one of these.

sigpic2.png

Thanks all!

Ha, very clever curiosity you have there.I don't really mind the black beams so much - but it would be nice if you could extend each matoran section so they all met together and then the whole thing would be like a circuit. Anywho 9/10 - wish I had the patience to make one of these.

Thanks, I wish i could make the circuit whole, but alas, even my patience has limites. Edited by Lego Obsessionist

I have never, ever seen anything THIS cool. I've never even really thought of the idea.10/10 You, sir, are awesome. I might have to try one of these one day.Is that motor from Mindstorms or something? Because if it is, then I could totally make one of these in a couple hours.

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

I have never, ever seen anything THIS cool. I've never even really thought of the idea.10/10 You, sir, are awesome. I might have to try one of these one day.Is that motor from Mindstorms or something? Because if it is, then I could totally make one of these in a couple hours.

For all who have asked, it's a Power Functions medium motor. And, with all do respect, I doubt you could make any remotly complex roller coaster in just a couple of hours. Maybe something like this, but not much more.