Toy Fair 2013: Hero Factory

TF13_HF_teaser.jpgYesterday I had the pleasure of going to the LEGO Collector's Party at Toy Fair 2013 (along with the main expo afterwards). I, along with a bunch of others, got to see the full line of LEGO sets coming out this year (except for store exclusives). To start off sharing this with you all, why don't we take a look at Hero Factory, the line most of you seem the most interested in. Read on to see what's coming!View the full article

As usual, Surge and Stormer. But now I'm less sure on Frost Beast - I still like him though. Dragon Bolt is still unsure.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Here are my opinions on all of the sets

Surge: Great design love the jetpack. Though it appears to be attached differently. Its not connected to the pin holes on the normal torso assembly. There must be some technic in his torso for it to attach. That or he may have a new torso piece

Dragon Bolt: This set is very well designed. Though I wish the jaw was blue and his wings were bigger. But both are easy fixes.

Stormer: Easily my favorite hero of this wave. Just the sword the shield and even the back launcher weapons. He is ready for battle

Frost Beast: Looks amazing my favorite villian of the wave. I wonder how his torso was built. Also I would have name him Chillax. Frost Beast just sound silly

Evo: For a small set he looks well built. He also has the most pieces of all the small sets. Love the bladed weapon.

Aquagon: Neat little design. The yellow bones are cool recolors and the dual weapon is cool.

Jet Rocka: Finally we get a pic of him with the wings open. Still not a fan of the design. I think an XL Rocka with a jetpack would have worked better.

All in all this is a great wave. I know I'll be picking up Stormer and Frost Beast. I may get the others but I'm going to wait for reviews first.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Dragon Bolt is awesome. Using pics from Nuremberg and New York (along with a render of the CGI version of him from the Brain Attack episode which was put up on someone's blog) I put together an LXF. It looks as though his function works wonderfully, and he's got some beautiful building techniques in the construction of his highly articulated neck.Also very excited for Stormer and Surge. Evo and Aquagon are also cool, but I think Dragon Bolt, Stormer, and Surge are the ones I'm most interested in getting from the summer wave. After that, maybe Frost Beast. Chances are my brother Lyichir will be getting Evo and Aquagon, so no need to put those on my personal wish list.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I now know how short Dragon's Bolt's tail actually is or it could just be the camera angle. Stormer's shield could seriously be bigger but other than that, he looks great. Also, I learned that Bulk has a missle on his drill. Yes, I'm just noticing this now :P.EDIT: Wait, what part of Dragon Bolt could glow in the dark? It says it could do that in one of the pictures.

Edited by Spiritmaster Veigar

pWPTu7m.jpg

Guest AdaptingChaos
I'm suddenly having a sense of deja-vu...

242_12427466812.jpgtn_TF13_HF_22.jpg

Hahahaha :D

My thoughts on Brain Attack is that it looks good, but im just waiting to buy a complete wave when all of the heroes are present.

I now know how short Dragon's Bolt's tail actually is or it could just be the camera angle. Stormer's shield could seriously be bigger but other than that, he looks great. Also, I learned that Bulk has a missle on his drill. Yes, I'm just noticing this now :P.EDIT: Wait, what part of Dragon Bolt could glow in the dark? It says it could do that in one of the pictures.
The brain. It uses White Glow instead of Bright Red for its eyes, and as such has a similar glowing effect to Takadox's parts from 2007.

I like all of these new upcoming summer Hero Factory sets. :) I like the new pieces on them. :) However, I feel disappointed of the lack of Stringer and Nex, their two own evil different Brain monster counterparts, and the new mysterious evil villain, who created the evil Brain slugs, too.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 4 weeks later...

Not to mention, Aquagon looks like Tarix, with the swords, spikes, and colors being similar.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Not to mention, Aquagon looks like Tarix, with the swords, spikes, and colors being similar.

Er... not particularly IMO. Yellow with blue and trans blue thin swords, short and ugly... and on the other hand, Tarix is blue with gold and (relatively) wide gold swords with blue edges, tall and noble.

Just my opinion though. ;)

I do agree with Garnira about Strakk and Frost Beast.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to Stormer and Surge the most. To me, they look very awesome with lots of new pieces and great color schemes. I just love how Frost Beast looks like a villainous version of Straak.

Didn't Strakk look like a villainous version of Strakk? I mean, he wasn't Mr. Sunshine Cheerbuttons himself.