Construct Bots - Hasbro breaks into the Hero Factory biz

Ptah

Hello out there, Ptah here

I learned about Hasbro's Construct Bots a couple of weeks ago on Geekdads. The short of it is Transformers given a Hero Factory twist. 10 Autobots and Decepticons as buildable, posable action figures with parts you can mix and match.

I think Hero Factory with its longer history including the experience from Bionicle will mop the floor with the Construct Bots as far as sales go, but it got me thinking. If your favorite Hero had an alt-form to transform into what would it be?

Heroes with vehicles has been done: Furno and Stormer have cycles. Heroes with attachments will be out this year: see Surge and his jet pack. But what would see Breeze or Rocka or even the villains transforming into.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

A MOC I've tinkered on and off has been Mega Man and various boss robots from the franchise. I wouldn't mind an animal transforming exo-frame like Transformers Deployers. Something that could connect to any Hero, not just a new version of the main ones.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

They're a cool idea, but personally I don't see much in them that would encourage me to buy them. Maybe they'll be around for a while, and it could turn into something more interesting.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.