Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

It has been suggested that I stop adding new fighters soon, so we have so many already. So, for this week's voting, I threw up every potential fighter to see how many you guys actually would like to see in the arena. Head over to the voting thread to nominate as many as you want--no vote limit! At the end of the week, I'll either: 1. add all the nominated fighters to the list; or 2. put all the nominated fighters on a new list and let voting continue until that list is used up.

ToaKapura1234 and I have agreed to a match: Surge vs Matoro, Storm Sector, 1500W each.

Also, I'd like to enter Surge into the tourney.

Surge has 2 major advantages: the presence of constant lightning combined with his Toa-level control over them, and his much greater agility vs Matoro.

First of all, he'll make a "barrier" in that he'll keep a cage of lightning around him, zapping any projectiles coming his way. Should Matoro touch him, lightning will arc off this barrier and shock Matoro back.

Surge will use his agility to keep a heavy mobility advantage. Generally, Surge will keep his distance and snipe Matoro out with lightning, either from his blade or by calling down "airstrikes" onto the unsuspecting Toa. Should Matoro create a barrier, Surge will shatter it with heavy lightning, and any attempts to cloud his vision will fail as Surge will simply jump around.

Should Matoro come in close, Surge will burst lightning into him, stunning him and running away. Surge may try riding lightning around, though if that fails he'll land gracefully and run off. He'll also occasionally call in the heavy artillery, focusing all of the thunderstorm's lightning into Matoro.

With this mix of elemental advantage and agility, Surge should win the match.

Good luck!

Undergoing Renovations...

Confirming Malum’s match with Takanuva. Sorry ‘bout the delay; had a busy weekend. You know the feeling, I imagine. ;)

Malum will use his Flame Claws and Training Weights, and will superheat the former as soon as is safely possible after the match starts, granting him a definite edge in melee combat.An important aspect of this match will be the utter absence of light in the arena environment. Malum will use his electrical organs to navigate and locate his opponent; whereas Takanuva will be forced to use elemental powers of Light, attracting numerous Visorak (I forget the exact name for the type that lives in the Zone of Darkness) in the process. Thus, the Toa of Light will have a distinct disadvantage from the start, as Malum should be easily able to simply lurk unseen in the shadows, using Agility to evade any of Takanuva’s ranged attacks, and let the spider-Rahi wear down his opponent. If Takanuva somehow defeats/escapes the aforesaid Rahi, Malum will emerge from hiding, force the fight to close-quarters melee, and use his superior levels of Strength, Agility, and Toughness to overwhelm his weakened foe.Another disadvantage Takanuva will have, is that because of the arena’s utter darkness, there is no innate Light energy present for him to manipulate. He will have to create light from nothing, which of course will mean a constant drain on his Mind statistic.If Takanuva uses his Kanohi Kadin, Malum will use his Fire-based elemental abilities to ignite and melt the mask into slag. This will deal severe damage to Takanuva’s vision and face, not to mention being incredibly painful. It should also negate the mask’s power, sending Takanuva crashing heavily to earth.Should Takanuva use his Kanohi Kadin, and Malum’s initial response fail, Malum will instead use his Training Weights.If Takanuva uses his Light-based elemental powers in an offensive manner, Malum will counter by creating intense heat waves around himself, warping the focus of the light and hopefully decreasing its damage potential. He will also try to use his superior Agility to dodge these attacks, but considering as how light is a bit too fast to effectively dodge, he will probably end up relying on his Toughness in order to keep fighting. If blinded, Malum will continue to rely on his electrical organs for navigation.If Takanuva begins to gain the upper hand in the initial ranged/elemental skirmishes, and if the Zivon and/or Visorak do not intercede as planned, Malum will immediately drive the fight to close-quarters melee, where his superior Strength, superior Agility, and superior Toughness, reinforced by a quick succession of mentally-disruptive electrical shocks, should allow him to quickly overpower his weaker opponent before the latter has a chance to effectively retaliate.If opportunity affords, Malum will ignite Takanuva’s armor and weapons, partially melting them and dealing large amounts of surface damage. This will have the additional effect of transforming the Toa into an attention-grabbing source of prey for the Zone of Darkness’ inhabitants.If set upon by the Zivon or Visorak, Malum will use large blasts of fire in order to give them pause, granting him time enough to beat a hasty retreat, leading the creature(s) towards his foe. This will be particularly effective against the Zivon; BIONICLE: Rahi Beasts clearly describes the beast’s aversion to flame and smoke.

1000 apiece, I believe we said.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Takanuva vs Malum: This match is difficult to resolve, with Takanuva staying out of Malum's main attack range and Malum, via his Hordika mutations, likely being able to detect the hologram and not fall for that strategy. Both combatants hope the Zivon will show up and take the other out, but both also have decent counters to that. I suppose the only thing that can tip the balance is that Takanuva will be expending large quantities of Elemental Energy to both fully camouflage himself and keep attacking/illuminating Malum, which means he will probably wear out quickly and/or give Malum a chance to disrupt his concentration with a well-aimed fire attack. Malum wins 5,000 W.

Wait hold on a secondHow does it take any more energy to make light than it does to make fire?I have no problem with Malum winning, but this explanation just doesn't make sense to me.(Not to mention that camoflauge would take no EE since it consists entirely of "fly straight up until out of range of light source")

Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Like I said, the match was difficult to resolve. I took what looked like it could tilt the balance and went with it.

B - but I... Malum... T...*head explodes*(Also also, pretty sure the Zivon doesn't fly) Edited by Meta-Mind

Uh, yeah, gg(probably why I've been better at RPs than this: I tend to exploit weaknesses in the enemy's strategy rather than ram my strategy into his/hers and hope it works.No plan survives contact with the enemy, and all that)

Edited by Meta-Mind

Flaredrick and I have agreed to a 2v2 between Lava and Kiina, and Shadow Tahu and Mata Nui in the Atero Arena. I'm putting up 2,000 Widgets, and I think Flaredrick's puttin in 100.

Here goes!

Lava will have CrossRoads.Exe and Lightning Shield and Kiina will have the Heat Spine and the Lightweight Armour.

First up, Lava and Kiina will send Fire and Water at one another to create a steam-screen, Lava holding back a little to prevent accidental friendly fire. After moving slightly to the side so that Tahu and Mata Nui can't hit them by aiming for where they were, Kiina will don the Lightweight Armour and help Lava affix the Lightning Shield to his engine compartment to increase his speed. Once that's done, Kiina will hop onto Lava while the latter takes off with *CreateRoads to above the screen until one of their opponents knocks them down with Training Weights, where Kiina's added weight, and timed jump, will help Lava ignite a jet of flame behind him and rocket-slam into Mata Nui to take advantage of the lower Toughness and use a partially Lightning charged Firebomb Wheel to launch said opponent into the wall.

Meanwhile, Kiina will use her higher Agility to evade as many of Tahu's attacks as possible while keeping his attention on her (even if she has to do a bit of a risqué dance (No, Kiina won't be happy about that)) and herself at a distance, using the Heat Spine to slice and damage any Shadow Hands that Tahu may form. For any Fire Attacks that Tahu throws her way, she'll respond with a jet of Water to create as much steam as possible to create cover. Once Lava deals with Mata Nui (and ensures he won't be getting up again for a little bit by immersing him in sand and then half-melting it into glass), he'll use the Flame Rocket to deal some moderate to high damage to an unsuspecting Tahu by ploughing into him in a blind-side manoeuvre to take him into the wall before blasting him with flames and melee swings, compensating his lower Strength with Agility by parrying and redirecting. Kiina will then finish off Mata Nui by blasting him with Heat Spine and water to create cracks in his armour before hammering into it with Aquatic Slicer. Once he's down for the count, Kiina will return to Lava and Tahu.

Once Kiina's joined the fray, Lava will send out a wide range cone of Fire to partially blind Tahu and get some distance, while Kiina sends a small flood into the ground below Tahu to turn it into quicksand, while keeping up the supply in case Tahu tries to dry the ground off. Lava will protect Kiina by shooting any Thornax, Acid and Shadow attacks that Tahu fires with fireballs and absorbing any Fire attacks due to their equal mind. Once Tahu's submerged completely, Lava will bathe the ground in fire to create a giant block of glass.

Defense:

Thornax; For the most part, dodge. Otherwise, deflect or knock em away.

Acid Shield; Avoid or redirect. Remove from hands if possible.

Hero Cuffs; Avoid.

Elemental blasts and techniques; Avoid, pot-shot illusions.

Training Weights; No defense, actually use them to Team Phoenix's advantage!

Brain Visor; will do no real good.

*If Training Weights is active from the get-go, Lava will substitute CreateRoads.EXE with a Fire Rocket to get up, with Kiina pushing him into the direction relevant to the rest of the strategy.

Edited by Phoenixian Wraith

Me and Vox have agreed to a match between Kopaka and Flare in the Slizer Dome, I am sponsoring for 500W, he is sponsoring for about 4000W IIRC.

Strategy:

Flare's bringing in the Staff of Molecular Disruption and Vahki Staff.

Here Flare is, fighting Kopaka again. Since Kopaka has... superior stats in pretty much everything except agility, of which Flare has nearly double. Firstly, Flare will destroy Kopaka's Kadin Nuva and fly upwards. Since the Slizer Dome arena is atop a tall building that one does not want to fall off of, this will grant Flare a slight advantage, as now Flare can fly without too much fear of falling unlike Kopaka, who has to now remain on the tower, and since Kopaka no longer controls ice he can't create an ice bridge over to Flare. Flare will now speed off, making use of his agility, to search for a working computer terminal. If Kopaka tries to cloud or blind Flare's vision with shadow, Flare will use the light from fire to counteract it. When Flare does find a working computer terminal, he will hope Kopaka hasn't found one first and try to quickly program it to treat Kopaka as hostile. If this is successful, Flare will use the Vahki Staff on Kopaka, mostly to disorient him rather than lower his mind. If using the console is unsuccessful, again Flare will use the Vahki Staff.

If Kopaka is using Adaptive Armour, then Flare will use the Vahki Staff as a distraction by throwing it one way then going the other. He will also try to dodge any of Kopaka's attacks that he can. If Kopaka lacks access to any form of flight, Flare will retreat as fast as he can and fly in the air above the very long fall very close to wall out of sight. When Kopaka is near, he will throw the scorched spear up into the air and backwards, faking defeat. If he can, he will then, boosting his toughness to try and withstand some damage from it, try to shove Kopaka off the edge, with fire at full force if he isn't immediately falling.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Confirmation of match agaist Wraith

Tahu will have the Levahk Shield and Cuffs, while Mata Nui brings the Training Weights and Brain Visor.First thing is that Mata Nui will blind both Lava and Kiina, while Tahu blasts them bolts of Shadow. Then once recovered, Mata Nui will trow the weights on Lava, while Tahu throws the Cuffs at Kiina. Then both will attack quickly at their targets with force. Mata Nui will finish off Lava with a strong uppercut, then hurl a beam of light at him. Tahu will finish Kiina with a Shadow hand slamming down her, and make a sweeping motion.Then Tahu will grab both fighters with a Shadow hand, and fling them at the wall. Mata Nui will then activate the visor to detect anything on them. Once he finds it, he'll blast them a wide beam of light. In case they recover quicker when blinded, Mata Nui will make a Solid Hologram of a Tathorak.If theybfire a big blast or attack, they'll block with their shields.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Regarding the match between Pulsate and i,

I would like to put it on hold for my computer is being a major, issue. It is on the fritz and right now i am using my 3ds to type this. Sorry for this but some things are out of my control.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

2v2: Lava and Kiina's higher agility should allow them to create the steam screen before Mata Nui blinds them, reducing the effect and keeping them safe from the worst of the assault. The Weights and Cuffs will still find their way, leaving an opening for them to damage Kiina as well as rendering CreateRoads.EXE useless. However, when Mata Nui moves in to attack Lava, Lava should be able to use his jet/wheel combination attack. Kiina's lower mind will make it difficult for her to disrupt Tahu's Shadow Hands with her Heat Vision. Also, with the Brain Visor, sealing Mata Nui in the sand won't be possible, giving him an opportunity to create his Tahtorak hologram and make the fight more difficult. Lava and Kiina will be distracted, but their enhanced agility should help them to compensate as long as they are mindful of their opponents. Mata Nui has already taken some damage, so finishing him and his hologram should be possible, although it's possible Kiina may go down in the process. At that point, I think Tahu will have taken a bit more damage, and Lava's attacks seem a bit more varied. Wraith wins 5,250 W.

As a side note, Wraith, Lava is out of Wheels.

ok sorry i finnally was able to get my computer fixed. Sorry for the wait. Also will be increasing my widget amount to 9,000.

Adaptive armor and Impact spine

So kopaka will begin by creating columns of shadow all around him. His main goal will be using these pillars to make his way to the tower defense system control panel. While he gets to the tower he will use the impact spine to distract his opponent along with his shadow powers to coat Flare's head in darkness. This should be enough to allow him to get to the panel first and program it to attack flare. He will use the area that holds the panel as his base of operations. With his shadow powers he will create walls of see through but solid shadows that should protect him from many attacks. In order to attack flare kopaka will concentrate on creating his shadow attacks outside of the walls which will consist of Shadow daggers at aimed at flare along with beams of shadow. He will create small opening in the walls to allow for him to use his impact blasts to attack flare. This will be his main strategy for most of the match relying on his walls and long distance attacks along with the tower system

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

For convenience, this is my strategy:

Me and Vox have agreed to a match between Kopaka and Flare in the Slizer Dome, I am sponsoring for 500W, he is sponsoring for about 4000W IIRC.

Strategy:

Flare's bringing in the Staff of Molecular Disruption and Vahki Staff.

Here Flare is, fighting Kopaka again. Since Kopaka has... superior stats in pretty much everything except agility, of which Flare has nearly double. Firstly, Flare will destroy Kopaka's Kadin Nuva and fly upwards. Since the Slizer Dome arena is atop a tall building that one does not want to fall off of, this will grant Flare a slight advantage, as now Flare can fly without too much fear of falling unlike Kopaka, who has to now remain on the tower, and since Kopaka no longer controls ice he can't create an ice bridge over to Flare. Flare will now speed off, making use of his agility, to search for a working computer terminal. If Kopaka tries to cloud or blind Flare's vision with shadow, Flare will use the light from fire to counteract it. When Flare does find a working computer terminal, he will hope Kopaka hasn't found one first and try to quickly program it to treat Kopaka as hostile. If this is successful, Flare will use the Vahki Staff on Kopaka, mostly to disorient him rather than lower his mind. If using the console is unsuccessful, again Flare will use the Vahki Staff.

If Kopaka is using Adaptive Armour, then Flare will use the Vahki Staff as a distraction by throwing it one way then going the other. He will also try to dodge any of Kopaka's attacks that he can. If Kopaka lacks access to any form of flight, Flare will retreat as fast as he can and fly in the air above the very long fall very close to wall out of sight. When Kopaka is near, he will throw the scorched spear up into the air and backwards, faking defeat. If he can, he will then, boosting his toughness to try and withstand some damage from it, try to shove Kopaka off the edge, with fire at full force if he isn't immediately falling.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Breez and Hahli have been registered for the tournament.

Thanks for reposting!

Kopaka vs Flare: Flare's massive agility will surely allow him to reach the control panel first, leaving Kopaka distracted while dealing with the tower defense systems. He also makes great use of his flight ability. Kopaka's walls will take time to break through, but they can be broken, and if he uses them before being able to get to an active console, the defense systems will help Flare wear down the barriers. Any hits that Kopaka does get in will be devastating, but it will be difficult, and even if he can activate the tower defenses, they will be less effective with Flare staying out over open air. Flare wins 23,750 W.

Breez and Hahli have been registered for the tournament.

Thanks for reposting!

Kopaka vs Flare: Flare's massive agility will surely allow him to reach the control panel first, leaving Kopaka distracted while dealing with the tower defense systems. He also makes great use of his flight ability. Kopaka's walls will take time to break through, but they can be broken, and if he uses them before being able to get to an active console, the defense systems will help Flare wear down the barriers. Any hits that Kopaka does get in will be devastating, but it will be difficult, and even if he can activate the tower defenses, they will be less effective with Flare staying out over open air. Flare wins 23,750 W.

Congrats Pulsate. That was a good match i must admit. And i would like to purchase a +1 agility mind stat trainer for von nebula and will in turn enter von nebula in the coming tournament

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I think there's a typo--which stat do you want to raise?

Von Nebula has been registered for the tournament.

I am so awesome i wish to do both stats at once.... But really yeah was a typo. I am wanting to do Agility.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Von Nebula's stats have been updated. You currently have 1,930 W. Von Nebula is now Class D!

Wow one stat changed that. So is he in the D bracket of the tournament or still the c bracket?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He's been moved to the D bracket.

Good to know. Thank you pahrak. and wow only 3 D class fighters (no pun intended)

Edited by The Icy Wonder: Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu