B.r.i.c.k. Pod 1

redacted

Anyone remember the Bradford Rant pods? I have Pod 1, and I figured i'd post some pictures. :) And no I didn't just copy and paste this from my MOCpages account.... Maybe. :P1264560116m_DISPLAY.jpg12645606181_DISPLAY.jpgThe case is awesome. I can't say I've seen a LEGO case cooler than that. :) Very secure, I might add.12645607632_DISPLAY.jpgIt has molded spaces for the pod, stand, and minifig. BTW, it didn't arrive like this. The case was wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box, and the pod itself was also wrapped in it. As you can see, it also came with a little card stating when the pod was found and such.12645610133_DISPLAY.jpgHere it is. :) Very pod-like. :P I think the color scheme works fairly well here. The orange had the risk of messing up the colors, but I think it turned out well.12645611044_DISPLAY.jpgShiny bullhorn piece. Some people call it a "loudhailer." :P Shiny...12645612545_DISPLAY.jpgEveryone and everything seems to need an ID these days. Yes, this pod has a driver's license! :)12645613946_DISPLAY.jpg*Gasp* It's open! I wonder what's inside?12645615148_DISPLAY.jpgAw, it's a cute little space minifig with his personal toaster oven. :)12645616701_DISPLAY.jpgI really like the minifig. the torso piece is really cool. :) It appears that Fred wants some fresh air. That helmet probably won't help him much with that.12645618711_DISPLAY.jpgThat's better. Hi Fred! He's contemplating a way to salvage his toaster oven.12645651521_DISPLAY.jpgThe stand is pretty cool. Awesome 4 x 2 sloping pieces. :)12645619681_DISPLAY.jpgHere's the letter I got from the B.R.I.C.K.12645621641_DISPLAY.jpgThe guys at the B.R.I.C.K. signed it, too. I wonder if those are their real names...12645633101_DISPLAY.jpgI also got two shirts, one large and one medium.Alas, I really shouldn't and so won't be taking it apart. I'll keep it safe, and then sell it in a few decades. ;)So yeah. That was all written on January 26th, a day after I got it. :P

i really wanted to make one myself, but some pieces are hard to find D:

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

yeah, i tried ldd, but they dont have all pieces. actaully, im gonna try agian :Ddarn, they still dont have pieces

Edited by bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I've never seen these, but they look pretty cool.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

how have you not seen these before?!?!?!? dont you remember the whole lego universe promotional pods?

These look cool. When were they released?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

how have you not seen these before?!?!?!? dont you remember the whole lego universe promotional pods?

I was kinda away from LEGO news when LEGO Universe was newer and all that cool stuff went on, because I was at a boarding school for a year. Sorry, wasn't up to my discretion. :3

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

There were 7 of these pods, each was found at a LEGO store somewhere in the world. Mine was a little different in that I had to be the first to break a code on the website in order to get it.More info on the pods, and instructions to build them here: www.bradfordrant.org

I think I have most of the pieces for that, but I see a printed one on there, which I don't have (I have it in a non-printed piece though). Don't know what I'd do with the thing if I had one though.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Oh man, I'm annoyed LEGO only did a severely limited run of these. Some of those parts would be usefull elsewhere, plus it's a little difficult to find all the parts to build one's own pod (I really should recheck, though. I could only need a few parts that I would have to buy seperately. Glad to see someone's enjoying and respecting theirs. I have a good feeling that at least a few of the winners were just lucky kids who happened to be at the store on the day these were given out. Hope either they or their parents know to take good care of them. I think Pod 1 was my favorite out of the bunch, too.

Edited by Andrewnuva199

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

What do the other pods look like?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

What do the other pods look like?

Check here: www.bradfordrant.org This was a promotional thing, so each pod is one-of-a-kind. You can find the pieces to build them though, just without printed pieces.
Interesting. Don't really get the point too well, but whatever. Thanks for showing me. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Pod 5 landed just a 30-minute car ride from where I live, but when I woke up I saw on the website it had already been found by some kids. :( Anyway, congratulations, and enjoy your pod! I predict this will be worth hundreds in a few years.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Pod 5 landed just a 30-minute car ride from where I live, but when I woke up I saw on the website it had already been found by some kids. :( Anyway, congratulations, and enjoy your pod! I predict this will be worth hundreds in a few years. ~Gata. ;)

But who would want to sell their pod?! :P ... Though if you do, I'll buy it...

You are one lucky person. I'd kill for one of these (okay, maybe not kill. That's a little severe). I could probably make one on LDD, granted not all the parts would be the same, though.Definitely would like to see the pods show up or be referenced to in the game. Maybe even have the minifig pilots show up (or characters dressed like them). Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

• 2 weeks later...

You are one lucky person. I'd kill for one of these (okay, maybe not kill. That's a little severe). I could probably make one on LDD, granted not all the parts would be the same, though.Definitely would like to see the pods show up or be referenced to in the game. Maybe even have the minifig pilots show up (or characters dressed like them).Kalhiki

Actually, I should be able to get my pod in-game... Same with the pilot. I know Flipz did. Too bad LU is ending in January, I never got a chance to get it...

Is that a clear Barraki eye?

It's trans light-blue, the same kind as the one from Toa Hahli in 2007.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...