MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

I noticed some spelling mistakes in chapter 2 (both the same word) they were from akamu and midak so pleaase fix that

also I would LOVE to see a minigame where you take control of the boxor and use it against the gahlok so I hope you implement that

Awesome! What do you do after talking to all the Turaga?

a cutscene appears

This is great! Totally worth logging back in to BZPower! Uhhh, I'm stuck. There was a screen in Ta-Koro where you are in a hallway, with rooms going down the right, with room 4 closest to you. I entered room four, and it is black and has no way to exit. :/ The file is IV.12-4.swf I used the bird to fly out though.

Well you know about the turn around thing right?

what bird

Ehhh I can't seem to talk to Onewa about the Bohrok, and Maku disappeared for a second time. Nokama said she might be spying on Huki or exploring the Hura Mafa river, and I don't know where that river is -_______________- Help please??

Go to the ga-wahi beach there should be some marks. Click on them to get a cutscene then sail to po-koro

Okay, I was looking through the game to find the Ko-Koro Hall of Prophesy, and I found another glitch. While Takua is talking to Vakama the first time (Map name: Episode_10-3), Takua's arm pops out of its socket to grab the tablet. It's down by his waist and looks rather disturbing. Same with while he's talking to Jaller immediately afterwards.

The Ko-Koro Hall of Prophesy is map XX.5-N.swf. When you turn around, it goes to XX.4-N.swf, which is still in the Hall of Prophesy, and you're still facing the same way, and then you turn around again to leave the Hall of Prophesy. Seems kind of redundant. Maybe add another scene or extend XX.5-N.swf so you can turn to go back to the main room.

By the way, the scene with Maku where they pause midstep is Episode 10-6.

And yes, I was talking about the one to Lewa's shrine, which is technically called a Suva.

And a few ideas for your questions:

Maybe Takua can get some kind of drill or something from Nuparu to either attempt to block a hole in the impenetrable layer, or to dig through a tunnel the Bohrok collapsed to save someone or something. The game just needs more items in general, and that would be cool to see.

The Ga-Koro tunnel is actually in MNOLG II, to give you an idea of where it should come out. Basically, there's a path through the mountain near Naho Falls (the one with Gali's mask), and then if you follow that path a bit (It's called Old Fusa Path, just to be accurate), there's a tunnel to Onu-Koro.

The idea that Bohrok flood something you need to cross with the Lava Board would be awesome, or it could be a way to get back into Ta-Koro at the beginning of Chapter 2. Maybe the Bohrok collapse the bridge, flood it with Lava, or break the machines, and you need to get across somehow to see Vakama.

I really can't wait for the Boxor game! Sounds awesome!

The path past the Cable Car could go to another overlook. The one in Po-Koro was so well done, I wouldn't mind seeing it again somewhere else.

Also, the snowboarding game seems kind of glitched. Maybe I fail at it, but I can't seem to dodge any of the rocks, and there were several times when multiple rocks came down at once and I couldn't really dodge it that well. But if everyone else can pass it, and there's a "Continue" button, it's fine. By the way, I also loved Matoro's character right there, as he's so determined to catch the Kane-Ra, and he just chucks the unstable Heatstone (is that canon?) into the mountain so calmly, and rides away. I laughed a bit.

EDIT: Wow, I just tried it again, and it wasn't nearly as hard as the first time. No idea what happened there. Just disregard that previous paragraph.

Here's my opinion I think the snowboards should be replaced with lava boards with light blue stripes instead of red stripes used as sleds

Edited by Toa Aeron

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

I do, however suggest that you decrease the difference in movement, relative to terrain types, just a tad.

Although I have to agree with other's previous posts in that differences in movement speed could be toned down,

I'm only using 200% and 50% movement speed for testing purposes. Don't worry, the final release of the minigame will have balanced movement speeds.

Hmmm... So you are working on sprites... If you want any help on that area, I consider myself a good enough image editor, you know...

Well, to sum up: if you want any sprites, I will gladly help.

For me to use a sprite in the game I need it to be drawn in flash.

However it is simple enough for me to re-draw anything you draw in flash.

I will need to draw an isometric view of the Bohrok to use in the minigame, as you can see here the only Bohrok views that the original game had are front-facing.

Also, I would like to ask if the gukko force will be present in the battle engine. A sort of strike which loads overtime? That would be cool.

And boxors. Who doesn't like boxors?

I plan to add in new units as the game progresses. The Gukko force will be playable units in the battle engine after Le-Koro has been reclaimed. (Chapter 5-ish?)

And boxors could be playable as soon as Chapter 3.

Happy B-day Nuparu77!!

Thanks! I'm only eleven and a half years older than half of a quarter century.

or if your bad at math, my age is my current number of posts read backwards. :eyeboggle:

Has anyone mentioned that it is impossible to save in the middle of the chapter 2?

Saving in chapter 2 should be possible.

what bird

The post was old, there used to be a button on the debug menu that would add the bird-flute from the original game to your inventory.

Now the only way to get the flute is to know a cheat code for the debug menu. Eventually Takua will get this item back... maybe after Le-Koro is reclaimed.

Here's my opinion I think the snowboards should be replaced with lava boards painted turquoise.

Interesting idea... and it would be simple enough for me to do this.

I'll try to remember that this would be a good improvement, remind me if I haven't changed this in the next release.

Do you have any idea when your next update will be done?

I can guess, but I do not know how long it will take me to finish the battle engine, because I have never made anything like this before.

However, after I finish the battle engine I'm planning on making regular releases. (update every month, or every two months, or something)

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

Isometric view... Working on it already.

BTW, would you like a recolourable bohrok with no shelds (which will be ready later) or a pahrak (which would be ready soon)?

Apart from that, if you are looking for music, I made a le-koro remix (not much really). You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGZLcj2F2U

I can't speak for the bohrok thing (that;s nuparu's field, not mine lol) but I gotta say, I do love the remix! I was expecting something too "modern" but this sticks with the mnog feel. We may have use for this in a few chapters.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

So you grow older by a day every post, cool :P

Actually he gets older by 10 years every post, until about 8 posts from now, when he turns 5. I suspect time travel shenanigans.

LOL :D... I guess with this post I'm ten years older.

BTW, would you like a recolourable bohrok with no shelds (which will be ready later) or a pahrak (which would be ready soon)?

Apart from that, if you are looking for music, I made a le-koro remix (not much really).

The Bohrok is already recolorable inside flash. All of the body parts are actually gray.

re-col11.png

As you can see in the image above, on my sidebar I specify an alpha (transparency) along with a RGB value for the given movieclip.

Gray is the color I use because the lighter the color the more effect the RGB value has on it.

This is why as long as you get a concept drawing done I can re-draw it inside flash where I can manipulate it around in the game.

Also here is some more Bohrok stuff I have.

For your remix, just wondering, how did you get the audio?

Because extracting the original .mp3's from flash will give you the best quality and access to each individual sound track.

LeKoro_Band

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

Oh and by the way I would gladly help with the speech texts but I cannot implement them I can just rewrite them and send them back

by the way I love your signature

Edited by Toa Aeron

Actually he gets older by 10 years every post, until about 8 posts from now, when he turns 5. I suspect time travel shenanigans.

Apart from that, if you are looking for music, I made a le-koro remix (not much really).

The Bohrok is already recolorable inside flash. All of the body parts are actually gray.

re-col11.png

As you can see in the image above, on my sidebar I specify an alpha (transparency) along with a RGB value for the given movieclip.

Gray is the color I use because the lighter the color the more effect the RGB value has on it.

This is why as long as you get a concept drawing done I can re-draw it inside flash where I can manipulate it around in the game.

Because extracting the original .mp3's from flash will give you the best quality and access to each individual sound track.

LeKoro_Band

Thinking ahead, where will we get models for characters not in the flash animations? (exo toa, cahdok, and gahdok)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Apart from that, if you are looking for music, I made a le-koro remix (not much really). You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGZLcj2F2U

I can't speak for the bohrok thing (that;s nuparu's field, not mine lol) but I gotta say, I do love the remix! I was expecting something too "modern" but this sticks with the mnog feel. We may have use for this in a few chapters.

Thanks! Sorry about the bad quality of the sound...

re-col11.png

LeKoro_Band

About the recolourable anonymous bohrok, it was mainly because of the shields.

As for the remix, I got the sound from Biomedia project. There you can see the le koro song divided into bass, drums, flute, etc. Also I got the 'chant' from youtube, as I did with the flutesong.

The bohrok, by the way, is going well. I will soon have the front view, but the back view will take a longer while (we have no images of it).

re-col11.png

LeKoro_Band

Thinking ahead, where will we get models for characters not in the flash animations? (exo toa, cahdok, and gahdok)

The models will have to be done the hard way: lots of scans of building instructions and image editing. *sigh*

Oh and by the way I would gladly help with the speech texts but I cannot implement them I can just rewrite them and send them back

by the way I love your signature

I'm working on the walkthrough for the game, so I'm pretty much checking the grammar and spelling. I would like any help I can get there though.

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

People of the world, I present you, an isometric view of a pahrak (in 2 different poses, one ready, and the other attacking with the shield):

isometric_bohrok_1.png

isometric_bohrok_2.png

I threw in parts from the 'bohrok and roll' image, the 'pahrak ball transformation' image and the tahnok kal image, al conveniently recoloured.

The back view... I sincerely have no idea where to get it from...

• Upvote 1

GLITCH: near the end of part 1 of chapter two I need to get Kapura... I got midak to Kapura's apartment and learned that Taipu and Onepu didn't make it out now Kapura is nowhere to be seen so I can't finish part 1

I think the toa shouldn't go all stabby stab before chapter 3 where they learn the bohrok are almost fully mechanical (because the toa can't kill)

Edited by Toa Aeron

People of the world, I present you, an isometric view of a pahrak (in 2 different poses, one ready, and the other attacking with the shield):

isometric_bohrok_1.png

isometric_bohrok_2.png

I threw in parts from the 'bohrok and roll' image, the 'pahrak ball transformation' image and the tahnok kal image, al conveniently recoloured.

*tear it's.... beautiful.... but really this is great!

Tu2d6W7.jpg

isometric_bohrok_1.png

isometric_bohrok_2.png

*tear it's.... beautiful.... but really this is great!

Thank you!

I have been researching. There is absolutely no image of a back view bohrok. If someone out there has the building instructions, please scan them and upload them. It is needed tho complete the isometric views of a bohrok.

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

This was exceedingly hard: turning a photo into an acceptable mnolg-style bohrok. This is the result (it should be improved, i think):

back_view.png

Maybe get the other arm out of the area behind him...

Or the legs a bit back so he doesn't look like falling backwards.

EDIT: fixed those two issues:

back_view_2.png

And now, Nuparu, (what is thy bidding, my master?) Must I try to improve my work or do you have another task for me?

Also, might I propose this? I made it a long time ago (in a galaxy far away).

I have to stop with these star wars references.

'I am Pahrak #3224, giant robot face clearances. And this is my counterpart, pahrak-va. I am fluent in more than 6 million ways of smashing things...'

No, really, I have to stop.

• Upvote 1

You might want to produce a back angled isometric view.

What do you mean? the image overhead is a rather crude back angled isometric view. In fact, I am upgrading it at the moment.

Personally, I think that the arms are a bit too far back. The head looks fine, just the outline looks a bit wobbly.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

GREAT job.

GLITCH: near the end of part 1 of chapter two I need to get Kapura... I got midak to Kapura's apartment and learned that Taipu and Onepu didn't make it out now Kapura is nowhere to be seen so I can't finish part 1

There was one more matoran that didn't make it out.... keep talking with all the matoran around Ta-Koro, one of them will mention the last matoran. Then report to Whenua who is missing.

I think the toa shouldn't go all stabby stab before chapter 3 where they learn the bohrok are almost fully mechanical (because the toa can't kill)

But stabby-stab is just so cool.... lol, I'll take this into consideration.

What do you mean? the image overhead is a rather crude back angled isometric view. In fact, I am upgrading it at the moment.

I mean something like an overhead view, to match the released preview of the battle engine.

I don't know how good you are at art, but drawing up some views like these for the Bohrok would be really helpful.

iso1_b10.jpg

NOTICE that there are only 2 unique views, the other two are mirror images.

Upper Left and Right are Mirror images of each other.

Lower Left and Right are mirror images of each other.

So something like this might work well for both lower Bohrok images:

4153T7DCPGL.jpg

PS: My computer is having issues.... so I'm in the process of upgrading to a much MUCH faster pc! :D

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

~Fan-Made Game~

GREAT job.

There was one more matoran that didn't make it out.... keep talking with all the matoran around Ta-Koro, one of them will mention the last matoran. Then report to Whenua who is missing.

But stabby-stab is just so cool.... lol, I'll take this into consideration.

I mean something like an overhead view, to match the released preview of the battle engine.

I don't know how good you are at art, but drawing up some views like these for the Bohrok would be really helpful.

iso1_b10.jpg

NOTICE that there are only 2 unique views, the other two are mirror images.

Upper Left and Right are Mirror images of each other.

Lower Left and Right are mirror images of each other.

So something like this might work well for both lower Bohrok images:

4153T7DCPGL.jpg

PS: My computer is having issues.... so I'm in the process of upgrading to a much MUCH faster pc! :D

So you mean I repeat the pahrak in this angle? That is going to take time... But I'll do it if necessary.

Edited by skratchR

So you mean I repeat the pahrak in this angle? That is going to take time... But I'll do it if necessary.

You don't need to draw anything perfectly, just get a decent representation so when I draw in it Flash I have something to start from.

:)

Ah, good.

Anyway, i suppose you want a better back view bohrok?

I just stumbled across your game while looking through the stuff on the BioMedia Project last week. I'm really enjoying it, and find that it stays very true to its source material. With the time I've spent playing it I can't even imagine how much time it has taken you to make it. I'm playing it on the BioMedia Project and using the save feature available to registered members. I'm still on chapter 1 and have encountered an glitch. I have talked to all the turaga except Nuju and went to find Matoro. I found Matoro but after the cutscene about the avalanche, the screen goes black and the game stops. From what I can tell, this is not supposed to be the end of chapter 1. Looking through the topic, it seems as though there is supposed to be a minigame after that, but I'm unable to play it. I've tried multiple times and it stops and the same place every time and the same error occurs no matter what browser I'm using. I don't know if this just has something to do with how it is stored on BioMedia Project or if I would encounter the problem if I were to download the file and play it on my own computer. I couldn't find any other reports of this problem, but I hoped that someone could help me to resolve it.

A Turaga

You are a very wise Turaga.

Ultimate Bionicle Knowledge Quiz

Thanks. I wasn't able to run the batch file in the downloadable version of the game, but the browser version worked fine and allowed me to get through the avalanche minigame. What program is it that is supposed to run the batch file? I'm pretty sure I have the most recent version of flash player, but I suppose it's possible that even if I have the correct program, it might not be set to run batch files by default.

A Turaga

My file contents seem to match yours when viewed in notepad: "start matanui/player.swf". Before when I clicking on it, which I assume is what you mean by running the file directly, I was getting an error that was something along the lines of the computer not knowing which program to run the file with. I have now set the default program to open it as notepad, but that was really just so I could see the file contents.

A Turaga

I don't know why I can't get it to work. It was difficult even changing the default program since it is an executable file and the open with option is not available for those. I tried downloading a standalone flash player and setting that as the default program but still couldn't make it work. Oh well, I played through all of chapter 1 and part 1 of chapter 2 in the browser version with no problems. I guess as long as that works, I don't have much reason to continue trying different default programs. Thanks for your help, though.

A Turaga

I'm just getting back into Bionicle and recently played your game. I noticed two glitches while playing the game on the biomedia project site. (I had already finished the game and replayed it for fun) One, the game crashed right before the snowboard minigame. Two, I turned around from the Koli stadium and went into Huki's hut. But it showed him as sick, from the first MNOG. I couldn't escape or talk to him.

Cant wait till the game comes out!!!

QUICK CORRECTION: the toa get a "prissoner" when ta-koro is saved(lewa and gali scaring off bohrok) so they can go stabby stab after chapter 2 however the matoran learn the bohrok are mechanical in chapter4/5(maybe chapter 3 should be ko-koro and chapter 4 should be po-koro