MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

Nuparu77

I know people have suggested making a Bohrok-Kal MNOG, but I'm just gunna say that if you do decide to do so, you could probably easily recolor existing bohrok images to create the Kal.

This is very true. Right now if you follow this topic closet you know that Nuparu us tracing images of bohrok sets. If needed we could recolor. The toughest part would prob be the head symbol-thing and the shields. Other than that it could be simple :)

What gonna be REALLY hard are the bahrag, Exo toa, and boxir :/ luckily I have all the sets 01-03 so pics are easy to get.

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I know people have suggested making a Bohrok-Kal MNOG, but I'm just gunna say that if you do decide to do so, you could probably easily recolor existing bohrok images to create the Kal.

This is very true. Right now if you follow this topic closet you know that Nuparu us tracing images of bohrok sets. If needed we could recolor. The toughest part would prob be the head symbol-thing and the shields. Other than that it could be simple :)

What gonna be REALLY hard are the bahrag, Exo toa, and boxir :/ luckily I have all the sets 01-03 so pics are easy to get.

If it's easy to trace bohrok, it should be easy to trace the symbol, right? Then you remove all the excess stuff after tracing the symbol, copy + paste, recolor, and it should probably be easy.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Just started, I'll post comments on it as I play. SPOILERS INCLUDED, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Opening sequence: Awesome! I can very easily see it something Takua would struggle with anxiety about.

Talk with Jala: "Well whatever, they're stuck under that impassible rock layer" sounded awkward and forced. I think this should be something more like "Those things were deep underground; I think we're safe."

"Wait a miniute... how many passages through the rock layer exist?" Should be minute, and How should be capitalized.

In Ta-Koro: The suva polisher says "Matioran," and he says "my arm is tired." with no capitalization.

"Jaller" should be Jala.

"Jaller has told me about your dream" needs a period.

"but they might be trapped down there..." has no capitalization.

"yeah, so the real question is:" same issue.

"rocklayer" is two words.

"than the seal must still be Broken." Than should be then and Broken shouldn't be capitalized.

"Takua take this letter to all the other Turaga." needs a comma after "Takua."

That's all the spelling and grammar stuff I'm going to talk about right now. I'd recommend finding someone, or a team, to just go through the text files and fix errors. I wouldn't mind pitching in.

One thing I found strange was how strange it was that they were so worried about the Bohrok escaping, when they didn't even know if the Bohrok had any interest in coming to the surface. What I'd suggest is for Takua to wake from his dream and tell Jala he's still worrying about the things he saw underground. Jala says he'll talk to Vakama and ask if the Turaga knows what they are. Then Takua stumbles upon Vakama and Jala. Vakama tells Takua that they are called Bohrok, and if they are awake, everyone on Mata Nui is in danger. No need to bring up the rock layer. Then Takua gets the letter.

Love the Mask of Light and Reign of Shadows foreshadowing you added to the telescope!

The talk with Nixie was very cool, although there were some awkward phrases both from Takua and Nixie.

Maku swimming alongside the boat was a little silly, but I'll excuse it as a bit of humor, like Kopeke being frozen in a block of ice and hardly caring, especially with what came right after.

But it's a bit odd the souvenir Matoran tells you what Po-Koro is.

Oh yes, the scene at the Po-Koro market is wonderful.

The Nuparu scene is great too, excellent way to establish his character.

Whoo, finished the chapter! Anything I didn't talk about was good or great. But the text at the end was supposed to flash from English to Matoran, right?

Chapter 2:

The tree numbers are Arabic, even when playing in Matoran.

Midak's mask is squished when you talk to him.

The chapter is unfinished, right? No way to leave Ta-Koro?

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Just started, I'll post comments on it as I play. SPOILERS INCLUDED, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Opening sequence: Awesome! I can very easily see it something Takua would struggle with anxiety about.

Talk with Jala: "Well whatever, they're stuck under that impassible rock layer" sounded awkward and forced. I think this should be something more like "Those things were deep underground; I think we're safe."

"Wait a miniute... how many passages through the rock layer exist?" Should be minute, and How should be capitalized.

In Ta-Koro: The suva polisher says "Matioran," and he says "my arm is tired." with no capitalization.

"Jaller" should be Jala.

"Jaller has told me about your dream" needs a period.

"but they might be trapped down there..." has no capitalization.

"yeah, so the real question is:" same issue.

"rocklayer" is two words.

"than the seal must still be Broken." Than should be then and Broken shouldn't be capitalized.

"Takua take this letter to all the other Turaga." needs a comma after "Takua."

That's all the spelling and grammar stuff I'm going to talk about right now. I'd recommend finding someone, or a team, to just go through the text files and fix errors. I wouldn't mind pitching in.

One thing I found strange was how strange it was that they were so worried about the Bohrok escaping, when they didn't even know if the Bohrok had any interest in coming to the surface. What I'd suggest is for Takua to wake from his dream and tell Jala he's still worrying about the things he saw underground. Jala says he'll talk to Vakama and ask if the Turaga knows what they are. Then Takua stumbles upon Vakama and Jala. Vakama tells Takua that they are called Bohrok, and if they are awake, everyone on Mata Nui is in danger. No need to bring up the rock layer. Then Takua gets the letter.

Love the Mask of Light and Reign of Shadows foreshadowing you added to the telescope!

The talk with Nixie was very cool, although there were some awkward phrases both from Takua and Nixie.

Maku swimming alongside the boat was a little silly, but I'll excuse it as a bit of humor, like Kopeke being frozen in a block of ice and hardly caring, especially with what came right after.

But it's a bit odd the souvenir Matoran tells you what Po-Koro is.

Oh yes, the scene at the Po-Koro market is wonderful.

The Nuparu scene is great too, excellent way to establish his character.

Whoo, finished the chapter! Anything I didn't talk about was good or great. But the text at the end was supposed to flash from English to Matoran, right?

Chapter 2:

The tree numbers are Arabic, even when playing in Matoran.

Midak's mask is squished when you talk to him.

The chapter is unfinished, right? No way to leave Ta-Koro?

Gosh, thanks for the feedback! Honestly you are great.

For the spelling errors, once finals are done i'll go through and fix all of that.

TBH I completely forgot about the nixie stuff and the telescope stuff lol, im gonna need to check it out.

For the jala thing, we're going to keep the names the "legal" ones. Change tohunga to matoran, jala to jaller, huki to hewkii, maku to macku, and puku to pewku. Not sure if you heard, but the Maori people got angry with Bionicle's names, as it was part of their language, and it needed to be changed.

Also, chapter 2 is NOT done, so good job :) Our battle engine is soooo close to being done, expect it in a week or two :) then we start producing the other half of chap 2, great job, thanks for giving me some stuff to fix :)

-Indigo

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Yes, I know about the reason for the name change. But the names weren't retconned, just changed at Naming Day. This takes place before, so they should have the old names.

Oh, you didn't change the telescope carvings? Then they really foreshadowed the Takeover all along! Incredible!

Edited by Akavakaku

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Yes, I know about the reason for the name change. But the names weren't retconned, just changed at Naming Day. This takes place before, so they should have the old names.

Oh, you didn't change the telescope carvings? Then they really foreshadowed the Takeover all along! Incredible!

Tbh w the telescope nup might have added it in, I'll check when my computers up and running :)

I'll talk to Nuparu about naming day, this might change things. Thanks man

-I

Tu2d6W7.jpg

This game is so awesome. I love how you can actually go anywhere in ta-koro and in le-koro. It's also pretty funny. Maybe you should let somebody proofread your script before you put it all together, though.

banner1.png

This game is so awesome. I love how you can actually go anywhere in ta-koro and in le-koro. It's also pretty funny. Maybe you should let somebody proofread your script before you put it all together, though.

I'm gonna be proofreading what we have soon, don't worry :)

• Upvote 2

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I also go through when I'm creating the walkthrough/story to catch any misses.

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

Yea that would be great! Sorry, I haven't been able to get to it lately, finals can be rough :/

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Yea that would be great! Sorry, I haven't been able to get to it lately, finals can be rough :/

I know finals are rough, but I haven't been able to get the game to save when Onu-Koro arrives in Ta-Koro, so I haven't been able to work on the story.

FoF

I know finals are rough, but I haven't been able to get the game to save when Onu-Koro arrives in Ta-Koro, so I haven't been able to work on the story.

Really? Huh, saving should work whenever it's needed. You do know that chap 2 doesn't conclude anywhere yet, correct?

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Really? Huh, saving should work whenever it's needed. You do know that chap 2 doesn't conclude anywhere yet, correct?

What do you mean by conclude? As in an actual ending for Ch. 2, yes I know that. It's just that I can't seem to save, and my computer won't allow me to download a new version of the game.

FoF

Okay, so I managed to download a new copy, and I still can't save my progress. I'm through with Onu-Koro, with means I have to go ask Midak what happened. Since I use the visuals of what going on in the game, as I write the story for the walkthrough, it's just too much to skip.

FoF

Sorry it took me so long to reply,

If anyone is having trouble saving their game for the downloaded version of MNOLG1.5 follow these steps:

1) Open the game

2) Right Click anywhere on the game screen

saveis12.png

3) Select Settings

saveis11.png

4) you should see the menu above, select bottom tab with the folder and green arrow.

5) Make sure the slider is not at zero.

Q: How much file space should I let flash use?

A: One save game is about 2KB (that is really small for you who aren't sure how big a KB is)

So I would set the limit at 100KB.... unless your computer is really cramped for space... in which case you have bigger problems than being able to save you MNOLG game. ;)

Edited by Nuparu77

boxor_10.jpg

MNOLG: The Bohrok Swarms

~Fan-Made Game~

Well, that didn't work. I think I just need a new computer.

Also, I noted that when in the load game screen there's a button that says chapters, and when I double click on it, it brings up the Book of Chronicles with all the videos from the first game. Is this intentional?

FoF

Well, that didn't work. I think I just need a new computer.

Also, I noted that when in the load game screen there's a button that says chapters, and when I double click on it, it brings up the Book of Chronicles with all the videos from the first game. Is this intentional?

I just checked it out myself, and was pleasantly suprised that I didn't know about this button! You win! lol. But in all seriousness, i'm sure we can rename the "chapter" button to something else, like "episodes". There isn't really a need for a chapter feature as the save feature does that better, unlike MNOG 1. I'll add that to a "to do list" :)

Bit of an update for the lovely guys and gals who keep up with our game (thank you so much!) I'm going to actually create a dedicated bugs/to do list for the current content, and wait for Nuparu to give you guys the battle engine. Be patient my friends! It's coming! I haven't heard from the guy in a while, but last we talked (about a week ago) we had completed a dedicated bohrok model for the game, along with color varients, so yay! If anyone has a nice list of issues that need fixing, please PM me or post it here, and i'll write it down. I need to get to grammer edits soon, but alas I left for scotland once finals started, and will be back home in 10 days! So i'm trying with what I got! :)

-Indi

Tu2d6W7.jpg

I don't know if this has already been posted but...after Midak's memory/scene of the oncoming attack on Po-koro ends, I'm left on that cliff in Po-koro without being able to do anything. Did you guys stop there?

Look around over the cliff for some stones.

• Upvote 2

bBhcfWO.png

Are you going to ever update this game?

Give them time. They're working diligently.

Expect a small update in a couple weeks, the battle engine has had us ripping our hair out :P seeing as there were never isometric models for bohrok, we've had to literally trace a picture of the set.

while Nup is working on that, I could be working on the rest o chapter 2, but I don't have the money to buy flash cs6 ATM :( trying to figure that out

• Upvote 1

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Expect a small update in a couple weeks, the battle engine has had us ripping our hair out :P seeing as there were never isometric models for bohrok, we've had to literally trace a picture of the set.

while Nup is working on that, I could be working on the rest o chapter 2, but I don't have the money to buy flash cs6 ATM :( trying to figure that out

Haha, set up a donation area and I'd give money just to help you guys. :P

Glad to see this is still expanding, you guys are as awesome as always.

Haha, set up a donation area and I'd give money just to help you guys. :P

Glad to see this is still expanding, you guys are as awesome as always.

Oh god pls no, I'm big turning this into a donation :P (thanks so much for the thought though! :)) thanks! The support we get is fantastic, once I get cs6 I'll try to post frequent updates to what I'm working on! (My twitter if anyone us interested is takua123, where I'll also post updates)

Tu2d6W7.jpg

Sorry for a lack of updates guys! I've been backpacking all week, (this was my one day off before I go back from one more week) Trying to get a hold of Nuparu, haven't heard from him in a while. Maybe he'll give you guys an update post, but I won't be able to give you guys anything for another week. Nuparu also has all the progress on the battle engine, so don't go asking me for it, i've only been beta testing some early versions of it :)

Tu2d6W7.jpg