Sevla, Guardian of Light

Hello everyone. This time I'd like to showcase my first self-MOC to be posted here, and while he doesn't share my name exactly, he is one of my favorite MOCs to date. While I do feel like some gaps need to be filled up, and some angles need to be changed a little, I don't have the budget to keep on making Bricklink orders to my desire. Nevertheless, I do intend that by the time I leave for summer I will have gotten me some more pieces for revamp as well as for other MOCs.

8573282484_3ca2211d66_n.jpg

Holding Halberd

Back

Curved Daggers

Weapons

Action Pose

With a Friend

A little backstory:

He is one of the last of his kind, a race of supernatural beings called The Lumi (pronounced LOO-MAI). He is an extremely elegant fighter, mainly uses a halberd and some curved daggers for close-range melee, and has an array of supernatural powers, including short-range teleportation and energy projection.

He has secret ties with iconic characters from all around the Multiverse, and is a member of an underground alliance to which this guy and that guy also belong. They are all plotting to take down HAEMATITE, a titan ruler of a faction of the Multiverse's finest Dark Hunters.

Story update in progress....

Note: This character features in BZPower Member Phantom Terror's Epic: The Adventures of Sandstorm.

More story (unless someone else has any ideas) coming soon.

Slideshow!

Lemme know what you guys think!

:tohu:

Edit: Added a picture of his weapons for clarity...Story update coming soon

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Oh wow this is acttually really cool. I loght what you have done with the Torso and head. The weapon is awesome as well. From the side the legs look a little odd though. I also think this guy could really benifit from a cape althogh Im not sure if there would be one big enough for him.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Thank you! I tried connecting Furno XL's cape but it didn't fit. I was thinking of making a non-Lego cape though, embroidered with some gold designs. And by the way, do you have any idea how to embed the slideshow into the topic? I tried copying the code but it didn't work :/

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thank you! I tried connecting Furno XL's cape but it didn't fit. I was thinking of making a non-Lego cape though, embroidered with some gold designs. And by the way, do you have any idea how to embed the slideshow into the topic? I tried copying the code but it didn't work :/

Nope. Sorry man. But if you upload the images to a site like Imgur, you can then copy and paste them into the topic.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

I have the images uploaded to flickr if that helps. There's a feature that says "Share slideshow" but it doesn't seem to work for some reason :/ Never mind, probably someone else would be able to help me. Thanks anyway :)

Thanks! I'm getting a few more pieces from my trip back home and hope to slightly modify the lower arms near the hands (they're a bit too thin).

Edit: is it just me or is it that my topic views-to-replies ratio is too darn high? -_________-

Edited by DARKSIDERZ

is it just me or is it that my topic views-to-replies ratio is too darn high? -_________-

As said in the BBC rules and guidelines: "No one is entitled to posts." Some people are curious, some people might not have an account, thus they wouldn't be allowed to post; other times, people might look out of curiosity, but not have anything to say right away, so they might have to come back a couple of times to critique the MOC. Not trying to criticize your post, just trying to help :).

Now, onto the MOC...

The appearance is awesome, the only things I have to say about it is that the weapon isn't "pointy" enough IMO, and try to add a little more bulk on the lower arm. Also, are the white Baraki teeth (I'm assuming that's what they are) the eyes? Or is it the golden dot on the forehead?

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

is it just me or is it that my topic views-to-replies ratio is too darn high? -_________-

As said in the BBC rules and guidelines: "No one is entitled to posts." Some people are curious, some people might not have an account, thus they wouldn't be allowed to post; other times, people might look out of curiosity, but not have anything to say right away, so they might have to come back a couple of times to critique the MOC. Not trying to criticize your post, just trying to help :).

Now, onto the MOC...

The appearance is awesome, the only things I have to say about it is that the weapon isn't "pointy" enough IMO, and try to add a little more bulk on the lower arm. Also, are the white Baraki teeth (I'm assuming that's what they are) the eyes? Or is it the golden dot on the forehead?

The Barraki teeth are indeed the eyes... It's kinda why I imagine him to be one of the most serious-looking MOC's I've ever created. And the weapon is a halberd with an energy blade rather than a pointy spearhead. A halberd sort of looks like an axe-head fused with a spearhead, which is mounted on a long shaft. I will upload a pic or two of the weapon as soon as I get back to Sheffield just to clarify what I mean. But halberds in general are mighty lethal! And his has an energy blade. It packs quite a wallop :P

And as mentioned before, I will try my best to add some bulk to the lower arms as I am nowhere near satisfied with how they look. I actually ran out of any suitable armor pieces to cover that part so my next Bricklink order will definitely include some!

Thanks for the comment, and I know what you meant there... I was just trying to arouse some sympathy for comments :/ :/ :P