Memes Take Over

zsdiogo

OK... Ponies aren't manly, and neither is pink. If man watches show with pink ponies and then shoves it in the faces of people who don't care about said show, man will get laughed off the face of the earth. Man will lose his man-card, and the respect of his peers, in all likelihood. Also, I have a rocket launcher, so any counter arguments are invalid.

Oooohh... outdated gender stereotypes! Retro! Wait... A-are you going to try to take away my woman-card because I likeBionicle, too?
Women don't get card[/sexist] :P jk Guys it isn't really THAT girly. It's unisex.
I don't even get a card?! (That actually is pretty sexist, when you think about it. If liking something "manly" doesn't affect a woman's reputation, but liking something "girly" affects a man's, then that implies that things aimed at girls are automatically considered inferior! Sexist against both men and women.) And, didn't we agree that all the explosions, bear-fighting and vomit jokes in MLP more than make up for the girlyness?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

OK... Ponies aren't manly, and neither is pink. If man watches show with pink ponies and then shoves it in the faces of people who don't care about said show, man will get laughed off the face of the earth. Man will lose his man-card, and the respect of his peers, in all likelihood. Also, I have a rocket launcher, so any counter arguments are invalid.

Oooohh... outdated gender stereotypes! Retro! Wait... A-are you going to try to take away my woman-card because I likeBionicle, too?
Women don't get card[/sexist] :P jk Guys it isn't really THAT girly. It's unisex.
It is pretty girly.There's nothing wrong with that.
According to the socially counterproductive sexist culture we are meant to adhere to, yes, Friendship is Magic is girly. According to me, it is AWESOME.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Sorry about that last outburst, I do like horses a bit, but I still like nyan cat. *sets down a plate of cupcakes* here is a gift.

My name is Riru. Fear me! Muhahahahaha....... wait, did I say that out loud?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Nope. MLP is manly. Very manly. It made me grow both a mustache and beard, in one episode.By episode 2, I was 20% cooler.

Although I know that's all jokingly, the entire concept of 'manly' and 'girly' shouldn't even exist, or at least not have the connotations they do. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Nope. MLP is manly. Very manly. It made me grow both a mustache and beard, in one episode.By episode 2, I was 20% cooler.

Although I know that's all jokingly, the entire concept of 'manly' and 'girly' shouldn't even exist, or at least not have the connotations they do.
I agree. To reject males and females differences is also ignorant. For certain things, such as the fact men are (generally) more aggressive than females, they were scientifically proven. However, pink being a girly color has no basis. Personally, I don't like pink, but men can. Besides, hearing Fluttershy as Flutterguy dropped a hydrogen bomb on any sense of gender I had before. o.O

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

The CSI Miami meme was pretty rad for a bit.

I remember that! It was going pretty strong right before the forums collapsed, wasn't it?

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

I... don't remember that. Someone care to refresh my memory?

It had to do with this one guy off CSI Miami who would say some sort of pun while putting on his sunglasses. There would then be this epic "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" People took this and began playing the scream whenever they made a bad pun.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

It's been half a year since Bzpower went down. People had time to actually grow up a bit, and surf other places of the Internet. Thus, memes become a slight bit more usual than they were before. Regarding that My Little Pony fad which has been going on in the Internet general, I really hope the only reason that someone would have a bunch of purple unicorns who learn lessons about friendship every day in their avatars and signatures, is just part of the whole concept that "Oh yeah, I'm putting ponies in my sig as a joke; I'M SUPER COOL". Memes are a part of the Internet. Bzpower was down for six months; people browsed other sites, and went more meme orientated. It's only logical.

I agree. At least the MLP fad was better than the gay kissing fad. :-)

I know what the meme is; there have been plenty of pony versions, lol. I just don't remember seeing on BZP before. Of course, I was a lot less active before the forums went down so that might be why.

It was pretty popular on here. There was even a button someone made that would do the yell whenever you clicked it. It floated around the blogs a lot.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

I know what the meme is; there have been plenty of pony versions, lol. I just don't remember seeing on BZP before. Of course, I was a lot less active before the forums went down so that might be why.

It was pretty popular on here. There was even a button someone made that would do the yell whenever you clicked it. It floated around the blogs a lot.
I haven't seen it here at all since the forums got back up. It looks like that meme... (puts on sunglasses) ...pushed too many buttons around here. YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Most of what needs saying about BZPower's populance of MLP fans has been said already, so I'll let that rest. It does seem though that Homestuck Avatars and Banners were acting as a fad in the old forums's last days, I must say. And if we want to restart Vahki fads, count me in. I'd love to see more Harpoi Dume.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Most of what needs saying about BZPower's populance of MLP fans has been said already, so I'll let that rest. It does seem though that Homestuck Avatars and Banners were acting as a fad in the old forums's last days, I must say. And if we want to restart Vahki fads, count me in. I'd love to see more Harpoi Dume.

Don't force the memes, let them happen naturally. They come around eventually.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

I don't even get a card?! (That actually is pretty sexist, when you think about it. If liking something "manly" doesn't affect a woman's reputation, but liking something "girly" affects a man's, then that implies that things aimed at girls are automatically considered inferior! Sexist against both men and women.)
Actually, there's more to it than that, but said discussion would belong in a different thread (if one at all).

There is stuff wrong with it. And no it isn't.

No there isn't and yes it is.The show is a girl's show no matter how you look at it. It is also a good show with many great qualities. That's all.
Agreed. At least it's family-friendly, something I can't say of many so-called "cartoons", unfortunately. I never said it was a bad show - far from it - but it's a girl's show, which is why I don't watch it. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyway, getting back on topic, I'd like to see more memes here, I guess (of the non-pony variety - we have enough of those already). Like:
  • [*]SURE YOU CAN as a pun on "Shoryuken" - that was popular on that giant video site a while ago.[*]C. Falcon. Always bet on him. (two memes at once ^_^)[*]Maybe even see a YEEEAAAAAHHHH or two once in a while?[*]Cake. 'Nuff said.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Anyway, getting back on topic, I'd like to see more memes here, I guess (of the non-pony variety - we have enough of those already). Like:

• [*]SURE YOU CAN as a pun on "Shoryuken" - that was popular on that giant video site a while ago.[*]C. Falcon. Always bet on him. (two memes at once ^_^)[*]Maybe even see a YEEEAAAAAHHHH or two once in a while?[*]Cake. 'Nuff said.

Meh, I'm a huge Portal fan, but even I am getting somewhat tired of cake.

zolfbanner.jpg

Mother, I'm here

Wow... I walk away from this for about a day or two and everyone is still arguing about MLP? Hahahaha... and somehow it turned into same arguement of it being sexist or stereotypical or whatever and a few actual on topic comments, but still not really breaking any rules. Although, to be honest, I thought one of the main reasons MLP and bronies became popular among teenagers (mostly guys) because of the fact that it is a girl show and the irony of guys watching it and actually enjoying, that's sort of the joke. There really is not sexism here, unless you are taking it too surious and out of context.

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Although, to be honest, I thought one of the main reasons MLP and bronies became popular among teenagers (mostly guys) because of the fact that it is a girl show and the irony of guys watching it and actually enjoying, that's sort of the joke. There really is not sexism here, unless you are taking it too surious and out of context.

Some of us actually like it. *gasp*

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Although, to be honest, I thought one of the main reasons MLP and bronies became popular among teenagers (mostly guys) because of the fact that it is a girl show and the irony of guys watching it and actually enjoying, that's sort of the joke. There really is not sexism here, unless you are taking it too surious and out of context.

Some of us actually like it. *gasp*
I know it's shocking... *sarcastic*

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

Wow... I walk away from this for about a day or two and everyone is still arguing about MLP? Hahahaha... and somehow it turned into same arguement of it being sexist or stereotypical or whatever and a few actual on topic comments, but still not really breaking any rules. Although, to be honest, I thought one of the main reasons MLP and bronies became popular among teenagers (mostly guys) because of the fact that it is a girl show and the irony of guys watching it and actually enjoying, that's sort of the joke. There really is not sexism here, unless you are taking it too surious and out of context.

Yeah, I think the irony is why a lot of people start. And then they realize, "Wow, this is awesome! Fluttershy is the best pony!"

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Yeah, I think the irony is why a lot of people start. And then they realize, "Wow, this is awesome! Fluttershy is the best pony!"
Audible gasp... wait who's Fluttershy? Is it the one as your avatar? Edited by TrueshadowX01

Audible gasp... wait who's Fluttershy? Is it the one as your avatar?
Yes. :)

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I'm definitely seeing more memes around the forums than I was before, particularly in member's avatars and signatures. But I don't think they've gone so far as to "worship" them. I think they just sort of... jumped on the bandwagon, if you know what I mean. Of course, that's not a bad thing. And it doesn't bother me at all, so it really doesn't matter to me if it continues or not. -CM

I remember watching an abriged episode (not suitible for children) and that one had a very deep manly voice and I almost died laughing... although it the real show it's a girl right? I don't know much about the actual story its self. Also I did watch prank phone calls with that character and it was pretty funny.

I remember watching an abriged episode (not suitible for children) and that one had a very deep manly voice and I almost died laughing... although it the real show it's a girl right? I don't know much about the actual story its self. Also I did watch prank phone calls with that character and it was pretty funny.
If it's the episode I'm thinking about, they didn't change the voice for the abridged episode.

Well it certainly seems like this thread has a lot of...*puts on sunglasses*...horsing around YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

I've never...*sunglasses*....herd that one before. YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
I think I...*sunglasses*...hay-t these puns. YEEEEAHHHHHHHHH Edited by The Shouting God

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

If it's the episode I'm thinking about, they didn't change the voice for the abridged episode.

I think it was a more recent one and they only did like two episodes of it but the sound quality was almost as good as the actual show. In it Flutterfly had a deep manly voice throughout but still acted shy and talked at a low voice. In the end of the second one there was a scene when they were fighting that evil pony and they were fighting it Final Fantasy I style. I watched it a week or two ago.