Xirax, Toa of Ice (MoC)

Meet Xirax, the Toa of Ice for Toa team Alpha. While he prefers to work alone, he will help Sandstorm, Rivera, Nukovac, Metalicus, and any other Toa when it is necessary.

005.jpg_thumb.jpg

^Click for LARGER picture!^

This is one of my more intuitive torso builds. It was hard to put together, but fun at the same time.

As always, I am open to any C&C! :D

NOTE: After I am done with part one of my epic, I will make a short story for him!

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Hmm. I thought you said this would be more complex than the others, but I must've been thinking of something else.

Interesting torso, the plates sticking down at the sides look a little odd. It'd be neat if you figured out a way to angle those in, I think.

I also suggest either changing the Inika torso piece to grey, or adding more dark blue to the rest of the MOC.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Nice armoring ideas, but still a bit too simplistic... Also could use some color variation on the legs. Maybe a touch of silver or Metru blue?

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

@Chro: the torso is really complex in comparison to my other Toa Alpha. And remember, Sandstorm is the main character, so he has to sick out a little more.

Hmm. The thing is, if this is complex compared to the other ones, then... :/

And yes, Pirai is the main character of my story, but he's the same level of complexity as the others. But I guess I see what you mean...

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I think you've got a few good ideas here, but there are a couple of modifications I'd make ...1. The armor on the side of the torso would work great there on a larger MOC. On this one they jut out a bit.2. The holes beween the shoulder armor and the upper part of the Metru foot on the torso could probably be filled in. The Inika torso (which it looks like you used? I can't quite tell) has enough connection points to make that possible.3. Those black bits on the lower legs and lower arms are a tad distracting; I think you could do without them.4. The silver and blue bits seem underused. Try working with a white-on-Metru blue color scheme, as that would make a more interesting dynamic than the white-on-gray you use elsewhere.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Hmm. I thought you said this would be more complex than the others, but I must've been thinking of something else.

Interesting torso, the plates sticking down at the sides look a little odd. It'd be neat if you figured out a way to angle those in, I think.

I also suggest either changing the Inika torso piece to grey, or adding more dark blue to the rest of the MOC.

Thanks Chro. I actually got the sword inspiration from your Likus MoCs.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

• 2 weeks later...