Deus Ex

Tahkuta

Hey guys. I recently picked up DE: Human Revolution and fell in love with its graphics (PS3) and great story. I'm only just in Yao Fung Medical and the story continues to get deeper and more complex, which is what I like to see in games like this from Square. I was hoping that the story wasn't going to flop (like it did in Squares earlier shooter, Just Cause 2) and by jove I was not dissapointed in the least... so far. What are your thoughts on Human Revolution? Or any Deus Ex game for that matter. -T

Song Of The Month: From Scythe to Sceptre - Be'Lakor

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
Hau and Kakama collected!
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y X Z
Red= Taken and in Progress, Blue = Open, Black = Finished

The game is great for me. It's fun what you can do, because you can just drag corpses around, smash an entire wall, then immediately snap the persons next that was behind the wall. I had lots of fun with DE: Human Revolution. Has lots of replay value!

I agree all the way, especially with all the different side missions and dialogue choices. I heard that there are four endings. True?

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg
I accept PBZP Requests. Just PM Me the letter you want, and the details of what you'd like to see in the MOC.

The game is great for me. It's fun what you can do, because you can just drag corpses around, smash an entire wall, then immediately snap the persons next that was behind the wall. I had lots of fun with DE: Human Revolution. Has lots of replay value!

I agree all the way, especially with all the different side missions and dialogue choices. I heard that there are four endings. True?
Yes. Although I won't spoil what they're about, Jensen has his own, Darrow has his own with Jensen explaining it, Sarif has one with, Jensen again, explaining it, and Haggard/Taggard's with Jensen explaining it like the others.

Deus-Ex.jpg

"I like everyone, Dr. Reed."

It's a pretty amazing game; according to all the reviews I've read, it's more than a worthy successor to the original. I read a really poignant review on a certain site I'm almost certain I can't mention here; it was beautiful. I wish I could afford it. Sadly; I can at most afford one game a year, and this year I picked B:AC.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Human Revolution has perhaps greatest trailer for a video game ever, so that's something I suppose. I however, after watching xcalizorz's Let's Play of it, I have yet to see the appeal of this game. I know that it is cool that you can pick your own path throughout the world, but that doesn't mean much if all the paths are mediocre. The game rewards a stealthy, pacifist style the most, and seems to discourage doing anything fun. Compared to a game like Mass Effect, the voice acting, animations, story, and dialogue are all sup par and involving. Not to be hating or anything, I just want to know why people like this game so much and if I should reconsider picking it up.

Edited by Leada

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

Human Revolution has perhaps greatest trailer for a video game ever, so that's something I suppose. I however, after watching xcalizorz's Let's Play of it, I have yet to see the appeal of this game. I know that it is cool that you can pick your own path throughout the world, but that doesn't mean much if all the paths are mediocre. The game rewards a stealthy, pacifist style the most, and seems to discourage doing anything fun. Compared to a game like Mass Effect, the voice acting, animations, story, and dialogue are all sup par and involving. Not to be hating or anything, I just want to know why people like this game so much and if I should reconsider picking it up.

PC_Gaming_Master_Race.jpg That's why.*

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

I loved the original as a kid, but seeing as I was just a li'l bugger at the time, I didn't really get the storyline. However I became very well acquainted with the game engine (Unreal Ed) that I made many more Deus Ex maps than I played. Great stuff. Anyways, I have the original and hope to play through it seriously sometime (perhaps with the New Vision moderator), and my brother has Human Revolution for the Xbox, so I'll get to play that sometime too. I think I'll skip over Invisible War, since I've heard such bad things about it.

IetTsFQ.png

Ohh, the second I saw those two words that form the title of such an awesome game, boy, did you get my attention!I've only gotten into the first one, and I haven't even beaten Liberty Island yet! (I am REALLY not used to stealth games, I just hop in and shoot down after trying to be stealthy for a minute or so)

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

The original Deus Ex is still hailed to be one of the greatest PC games of all time. I unfortunately did not play in it's original glory, rather I had the PS2 version. I just couldn't stop playing the game and even now (unfortunately my PS2 is broken) I would go back and play it. Is Deus Ex: Human Revolution better than the original, it depends on which was your first. If your first was Invisible War I am sorry. I just loved how open ended the original game was. No, it wasn't a sandbox, but you had different ways of completing each objective. My first time through I mowed down every enemy I came into contact with. Around my third time through I tried to actually use my non-leathal weapons, up until a point. I mean heck you could level up your weapons, this game was the start of that. The issue is games today still don't like this model. Even Mass Effect is an shooter with RPG elements, it's not an action RPG, the original Deus Ex was. And since I'm on the subject of Deus Ex, I must list Yahtzee's song. Put on a trenchcoat and fight some conspiracies.Gain experience and level up abilities.Will you choose rifles or computers.Don't pick swimming cause it's fairly useful. It's a shooter and a roleplaying game.The levels are ugly and everyone looks the same.We're no the same Ion Storm that made Dikatana.Our games are good and they stay on schedule. We made a sequel that no one liked.Cause we dumbed it down too muchCause we're thick. As you can see it's probably my favorite series ever, but I'll won't make a judgement about a game I haven't played.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Basically like Yahtzee said in the song, they dumbed it down. The plot was still interesting, it's just the execution of the actual gameplay left some left to be desired. Universal ammo is a terrible idea by the way, as Invisible War has shown. Maybe after the success they'll work on a revised version of story and actually make a good game. There's a multitude of reasons why the game was terrible though some of the augs were cool.

I was hoping that the story wasn't going to flop (like it did in Squares earlier shooter, Just Cause 2)

Square Enix was the publisher for both DXHR and JC2, not the developer.

The game rewards a stealthy, pacifist style the most, and seems to discourage doing anything fun.

Trust me, there's plenty of fun to be had. While it is true that stealth tends to get you the most XP, all gameplay styles are viable.

Universal ammo is a terrible idea by the way, as Invisible War has shown.

HR does not have universal ammo.

Well I've read a lot about the first game and it interested me greatly, but I haven't played it for three weeks because I'm letting a friend borrow it. I'm going for the Pacifist trophy on the highest difficulty, along with planning to not get caught by security cameras, along with turning off the auto-aim, objective locators and any assistance. I wish I could turn off the HUD though. Also, Square Enix published it, they didn't develop it, just saying because you implied that Squeenix was the dev.

HR does not have universal ammo.

I know it doesn't, it was just one of many things that killed Invisible War, which is the worst game in the series. Well I guess all of them can't be granted, they have to slip up at least once. I'm annoyed that Warren Spector left though and then Harvey Smith and the rest of them didn't do a good enough job with Invisible War, which among other things probably led to the collapse of Ion Storm.

Played the original. It was awesome the whole way through, yet it's replay value just kinda wasn't worth it. Sure, you get a few more scraps of dialogue, but it's just not worth the pain of going from a master of sniping back down to 'god****it just hold still!'. For any fans of the original though, I HIGHLY recommend The Nameless moderator. Great story, real game changing choices, and great replay value. Just don't invest in Molotov cocktails. Not worth it.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

The game rewards a stealthy, pacifist style the most, and seems to discourage doing anything fun.

Personally, I loved the stealth "version" (you can play it however you like) of the game, since I am highly addicted to the Metal Gear Solid series. Maybe thats where my love of intricate stories and stealth gameplay stems from...

qs104307.jpg
qs104307.jpg

I just bought the augmented edition for PC which included the original game. Totally right about the difficulty beIng dumbed down for HR. I started the original first cause I figured I'd never go back if I played the easier, prettier one first. couldn't get past liberty island on the first one. Maybe I'll play it on easy mode. So I'm in singapore for the first one and man its fun as heck. Went for the stealth tactic and so far haven't killed a single person (except for the bosses, of course). It feels really awesome. Great game; now I can't wait to play the original. I think warren specter is awesome and can't wait to play his greatest work.