A long while back, I felt a strange urge to recreate Akamai, the Toa Kaita of Valor. My goal was to use pieces used in BIONICLE sets between 2001 and 2003. However, once I had completed him, I discovered that I had used the Hordika neck piece, a part initially released in '05. Well, we can't all be perfect, so I'll live with it. Sorry about the lighting in the pictures--my equipment picked a bad day to hate me.

Main Pic

Front

Back

Club

Fire Sword

A little problem

Squishy

Gallery

Unfortunately, I was unable to get a hold of a Golden Hau, so I left him with a red one.

Also, credit to Jacks for his Matoran design that I used for Terry's Matoran form.

Have at it, guys!

signoffffff.png

Edited by ~The 1st Shadow~

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Well, this is a very good remake, you made good use pf the old pieces and made your own version, the awesomeness of the sword is worth noting also, the use of the red bohrock shield is very goodPS: You know you posted this in system based creations?

I'm back!

For only using the first bionicle pieces this is really good. I never did like the first combined models, but this helps change that. I especially like the sword and the chest area. I also think that this would not go well with the gold hau. Having the bright red mask gives it more of a fearsome look. It also matches the color scheme too. Anyways, this is still pretty cool.

The Kaita are often neglected and I don't think I've ever seen a remake of them, much less one that makes such a valiant attempt at a legitimate revamp using only pieces of that era. Taking these limitations into account, the torso is excellent, as are your remakes of the weapons.I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

The Kaita are often neglected and I don't think I've ever seen a remake of them, much less one that makes such a valiant attempt at a legitimate revamp using only pieces of that era. Taking these limitations into account, the torso is excellent, as are your remakes of the weapons.I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.

I've only seen a one or two Kaita revamps here and there, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a little more recognition. The sword was my favorite part to make, but the club is a little heavy for him, so I was surprised that it cooperated for the pictures.

You mean the area where I used the 4 Y-joints? Yeah, I wasn't sure about those, either. The parts LEGO used in their sets at the time didn't give me a lot to work with. Got any suggestions?

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.

You mean the area where I used the 4 Y-joints? Yeah, I wasn't sure about those, either. The parts LEGO used in their sets at the time didn't give me a lot to work with. Got any suggestions?

The knees look bent at an odd angle to me. If you had a couple of ++ parts and 3-axles you could connect them, then possibly fill them out with some more small parts so the knees don't look so empty.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I do think that you could have used some more small Technic bits on the legs to make them flow better, especially around the knees.

The knees look bent at an odd angle to me. If you had a couple of ++ parts and 3-axles you could connect them, then possibly fill them out with some more small parts so the knees don't look so empty.

Ah, okay. I think I get what you're saying. I'll try that.

Definately good work, although...Pink arms? Is that just the lightning?

I sort of agree on the knees, although they look so much like the original MNOLG Kaita I'm willing to overlook that flaw. Nice work.

It's just the lighting. I'm pretty sure that piece doesn't exist in pink. lol

I'm gonna try to fix up the knees using what Sumiki suggested. I'll put pictures up if I can find a system that works out.

signoffffff.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~