Greg Farshtey's Status

Hi E., The major question is how much I am going to be allowed to do here. I am going for "social media driver's license" training next week, so maybe I will get more insight into what they will and won't let me do here. As for the story updates, it's mainly been a case of just being busy with the baby. My usual writing time has always been in the morning on the weekends, and now I am taking care of the baby from usually about 5 am to mid-afternoon. So I just have to find time somewhere to get back to this. Greg

jlovfkk.jpg

Good to hear some news on the matter, hopefully the close connection of the past years won't be entirely lost.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Okay, so now we know that the story didn't just get droppped; that's great!

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

Good to hear that LEGO is making accommodations for employee-customer interactions. As for the stories, I don't think there's a better excuse than "I'm taking care of my child."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Interesting. I'd certainly like to find out more about this "social media driver's licence" thing. Is it like an online version of the Working with Children pass we have in Australia?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Doesn't his contract with LEGO expire at the end of this year? Has there been any word on that?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Where did you hear his contract with LEGO would expire at the end of this year? They intend to keep him around, he writes all their books and comics and such. Unless you mean the BIONICLE contract, in which case he has stated he'd be willing to continue the story here if that happened.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

It would be great if he continues here. I am sure BZPower and its staff are open to the idea.

If he did that, he wouldn't be able to introduce any new characters would he?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Do you mean get new names or introduce new characters with the new names that he already has? Either way, I don't think it will be a big problem.

I meant getting new names. As far as I'm aware he'll still have to get approved names from Lego.
  • Upvote 1

Do you mean get new names or introduce new characters with the new names that he already has? Either way, I don't think it will be a big problem.

I meant getting new names. As far as I'm aware he'll still have to get approved names from Lego.
Chances are that the list he got in 2010 is the final list of names. :(
  • Upvote 1

jlovfkk.jpg

Which

Which is fine with me - I want him to stop introducing new characters and start using more old ones more often.

Which

Which is fine with me - I want him to stop introducing new characters and start using more old ones more often.
Agreed. We need more character development in lesser known Matoran and Dark Hunters like Shasa, Aiyrtoro, Shadow Stealer and Vanisher.

Which

Agreed. We need more character development in lesser known Matoran and Dark Hunters like Shasa, Aiyrtoro, Shadow Stealer and Vanisher.
I agree with this as well. I would love to learn more about the lesser known Dark Hunters, Toa, and etc. of Bionicle. Or maybe even have older characters go through new adventures. (Like Pohatu and Kopaka right now.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

wait... Greg has a kid? Wow, I didn't know that. Well its good to hear Greg is doing well and I hope he can find some spare time to write soon.

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

It's nice to hear Greg hasn't forgotten about us. Like I hypothesized earlier in some other topic, with BZP down Greg just hasn't really had any reason to update the serials much. Take all the time you need, Greg, it'll just make the final product that much better! :) :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

It's always good to hear from Mr. Farshtey! I knew that he having a baby + the Magazine was taking the little time he had to write the story.I also hope he can still get in touch with us -- he's allowed us to do too many things with this fantastic story that BIONICLE is, responded our PMs with questions very gladly, and it'd be a shame that he had to leave the place or something :/

"Dream, not of what you are, but of what you want to be."

Credit to Surreality for the banner, and to bonesiii, Black Six and Binkmeister for the Proto Boosts!

Hi E., The major question is how much I am going to be allowed to do here. I am going for "social media driver's license" training next week, so maybe I will get more insight into what they will and won't let me do here. As for the story updates, it's mainly been a case of just being busy with the baby. My usual writing time has always been in the morning on the weekends, and now I am taking care of the baby from usually about 5 am to mid-afternoon. So I just have to find time somewhere to get back to this. Greg

We understand, Greg.

This is great, it's good to know Greg plans on finishing the serials. Hope he gets the license.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all." Tahu

"Deceit and self-interest will never be virtues the Matoran will honor!"-Vakama

"Fear is the state of mind in which we will cause our own failures."-Me

" You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villian."- Harvey Dent

Come to think of it, doing this Working With Children training would be taking up some of his time too. Once that gets done, he'll have more time to chat with us and finish the serials!