Fancy hat time

Taka Nuvia

(Yeah, me again. Sorry ^^")

takjal_jh_thurr.jpg

^click the thumbnail or follow this link to view the whole pic! :3

Felt like doing something BIONICLE-themed again, but somehow I couldn't think of something serious and awe-inspiring... have Jaller and Takua wearing some fancy hats instead. In colour! ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Hah, nice one! Fancy hats indeed. Good use of colour and I like how you did the metallic feel of the armour on the figures.

However, there seems to be something off about Takua's feet. The foot on the front has a perspective issue, as if it is turned inward and the heel looks like there is a part loose. From the way the leg is turned outward though, it should almost have the same orientation as the outward foot on Jaller, except mirrored of course.

The other thing is the rear leg. While you drew Jaller on the right in the way that both tops of the feet can be seen from this perspective, that rear one on Takua looks flat. Also, the leg should point forward. Right now, together with the angle of the Kolhii-stick, the center of gravity of Takua means he would fall over right quick.

Anyway, just a few minor things. Love the colours and the hats! And Jaller's expression is downright awesome =)

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

In addition to what VF said (and goodness knows he knows much more about this stuff than I do), it kind of looks like Jaller's chest armor is kind of wonky, kind of like a chest protector that's not on quite straight.That said, I think your style works very well with movie form. (How can you possibly dislike those hats, though? They're awesome and I want one.)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Best buddies wearing headgear hats. Really suits Takua XD

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis