What do you want from Lego?

fishers64

1: A continuation of the BIONICLE Storyline, possibly a proper free-roam game where you can either play as the canon characters or as your own. MoLTG and Heroes didn't quite fill this void.

2: Exo-Force conclusion. They hit the swamp release and vanished. I don't have enough closure on the theme.

3: Bigger and better Technic sets. More functionality, radio over IR.

4: Drome Racers reboot. With RC cars.

5: Lego Racers 3.

"There are a thousand ways I could destroy you right now. And 941 of them hurt."

Teridax to Vakama

• 4 weeks later...

Your idea of an MMOG is good for Bionicle's return. I'm not sure I'd want to see sets return though, but its unlikely Lego would pool money into an MMOG for a cancelled line with a convoluted plotline.

Outside of Bionicle, I've always felt Lego is very inflexible financially. I'm sure a lot of sets could be cheaper, and discounts are pretty thin on the ground on the official lego shop site. A few better special offers would be nice. I just want Lego to be something worth me putting money into again.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

I both want and do not want Bionicle's return. Want because of nostalgia, and it's been a big part of my childhood, and the setting is fantastic. Do not want because just think of all the money that would be spent on sets again D:

Apart from that, I have to agree with everyone saying that more complex constraction figures would be awesome.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I wantA. A rediculously expensive yet rediculously detailed model of myst island.B. Normally priced sets. I mean, a small star wars set with one speeder bike, a Jedi, and a clone should NOT be worth 29 bucks

I have no idea what set you're talking about with B. Best I could figure is this set, but that's only $25 (in the US, at least; if you're Canadian I guess your statement makes sense) and has two speeders plus a droid. 226 pieces for $25 is hardly exorbitant pricing regardless — maybe not the best value for money you can get, but still pretty reasonable.A lot of people would like more parity in regional LEGO prices. Unfortunately there are a lot of factors that play into that which the LEGO Group can't control.

What I want from lego the most is a job as a set designer!

Following that I suppose the triumphant return of bionicle, just like everyone else.

would having a line dedicated to goats be so difficult? :P

No, but it probably wouldn't sell. :)

I believe you underestimate the buying power goat aficionados have. :D

~M

Edited by Mehul

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

Aside from the eventual return of Bionicle, I'd really like to see gear based functions like what we had up until 2006 arrived. The gear functions were a fun way to add playability to a set that was just as suitable for posing on a shelf. It also adds a complexity to the build that i, presently, confined to System and Technic sets. I would also like to see sets marked towards MOCers. Like cheese slope packs and such. Bags of useful pieces in colours that are interesting. The return of dark teal would also be quite welcome. And also more mecha type sets. Something a bit more complex than exoforce was at larger scales.

Edited by Killer_Myr

Honestly, more affordable sets. Legos have always been pretty expensive, but these days a lot of the sets are something like $250. Even if the value for it is good, the sets are so expensive that kids can't possibly afford them, despite some play features on them seemingly designed for kids to play with. We need more reasonably priced sets that have a lot going on and are fun for kids to play with, like that Dark Knight Rises set. For $50 you get two vehicles and three figures. Even though the construction is a little simpler, it's relatively inexpensive and it's got a lot for kids to play with.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I wantA. A rediculously expensive yet rediculously detailed model of myst island.B. Normally priced sets. I mean, a small star wars set with one speeder bike, a Jedi, and a clone should NOT be worth 29 bucks

I have no idea what set you're talking about with B. Best I could figure is this set, but that's only $25 (in the US, at least; if you're Canadian I guess your statement makes sense) and has two speeders plus a droid. 226 pieces for $25 is hardly exorbitant pricing regardless — maybe not the best value for money you can get, but still pretty reasonable.A lot of people would like more parity in regional LEGO prices. Unfortunately there are a lot of factors that play into that which the LEGO Group can't control.
I understand what you are saying and I agree for the most part. I'm not pointing out any specific set, I'm just saying that many sets these days are rather overpriced

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

Metroids sets. That is all. B-)

Oh yes.....

.....untill lego does something like this, im using my 3d printer for parts.

Maybe a big red target might be nice on the herofactory. It would save me time paiting them on (can you think of any better thing for the toa to do for target practice than shoot their dumb counterparts?)

Seriosly though maybe a plotline connection between herofactory and bionicle. Maybe them fighting.

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

• 2 weeks later...

I just want them to continue selling the Bionicle pieces in current sets. I hope they still have the molds.

They may still have some of the molds, but many of them would have to be remolded anyway to be featured in modern sets. Some use plastic formulations that don't seem to be in use anymore (like the Nuva tools, for example), and many use the older, more fragile styles of ball cup (like the Av-Matoran legs). In those cases specifically, chances of seeing those parts return are especially slim, since if a new mold has to be produced it might be more worthwhile to use a new part altogether. Otherwise, the more recently a part appeared in a set, the more likely it is that that part could be used again. Remember, though, that even if those molds remain, many Bionicle parts were excessively specialized or stylized, and there may never again be a time when that specific part is needed.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Metroids sets. That is all. B-)

Oh yes.....

.....untill lego does something like this, im using my 3d printer for parts.

Maybe a big red target might be nice on the herofactory. It would save me time paiting them on (can you think of any better thing for the toa to do for target practice than shoot their dumb counterparts?)

Seriosly though maybe a plotline connection between herofactory and bionicle. Maybe them fighting.

Metroid sets would be amazing. I would absolutely adore a tiny Samus figure. because I can't justify paying $60 for that rally expensive (but nice looking) figma one. no matter how much I want it.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

Wider HF bodies, darnit. And f course, much larger sets to feature them. That's the main problem when making large (larger than XL) MOCs with this new building system.

You may as well use a custom torso solution. That gives you more poseability as well as more connection points. If you're making a model larger than the XL skeleton, you can easily make it larger simply by using smaller skeletons combined with limb pieces.

For now, I just want to find a way to get LEGO Rock Raiders working on my computer again.

Oh, the nostalgia of frantically sounding the alarm just as monsters are trashing my power station :D

That game is so old LEGO could probably release it as some sort of download. They could do that with a lot of the older LEGO games, like Creator and Racers, and I bet a decent amount of people would be willing to pay money for it.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

For now, I just want to find a way to get LEGO Rock Raiders working on my computer again.

Oh, the nostalgia of frantically sounding the alarm just as monsters are trashing my power station :D

That game is so old LEGO could probably release it as some sort of download. They could do that with a lot of the older LEGO games, like Creator and Racers, and I bet a decent amount of people would be willing to pay money for it.

I LOVED Rock Raiders. I haven't tried to play it on my computer in a while...

I might just install Windows 2000 or XP on one of my computers just to play it again. I'm not sure if it will work on x64 Windows 7. But I sure would be willing to pay for a version that worked on modern computers.

Bliss.png

Wider HF bodies, darnit. And f course, much larger sets to feature them. That's the main problem when making large (larger than XL) MOCs with this new building system.

You may as well use a custom torso solution. That gives you more poseability as well as more connection points. If you're making a model larger than the XL skeleton, you can easily make it larger simply by using smaller skeletons combined with limb pieces.

Then next on the list... wider long limbs! Or maybe wider armor pieces. It just looks weird when I ever try to make a long MOC and have to use those wimpy little bones. (well I guess that's why they're called bones. :P)

-G u u R a h K

Then next on the list... wider long limbs! Or maybe wider armor pieces. It just looks weird when I ever try to make a long MOC and have to use those wimpy little bones. (well I guess that's why they're called bones. :P)

I think the HF body is a pretty good platform. But I hope they change it up so it doesn't end up like the ever-overused Inika torso.

Bliss.png

I think the HF body is a pretty good platform. But I hope they change it up so it doesn't end up like the ever-overused Inika torso.

Inika torso at least had wider shoulders. :-/

-G u u R a h K

Inika builds were disproportionate 99% of the time, though.

Bliss.png

Inika builds were disproportionate 99% of the time, though.

Screw proportions. :P

As long as they look good, that is.

-G u u R a h K

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So many of the complaints about the Inika torso smack of a fanbase that became so conditioned to getting new things (after years of overly-specialized and non-versatile torsos produced for each new wave of clone sets) that they revolted when Lego settled on a solution they were happy with, and that allowed them to better diversify the sets in each wave. Did the Inika torso have flaws? Most definitely. Was it suited to every function? Of course not. But if you have a problem with it, explain the problem rather than demanding something new for newness' sake.

Similarly for the Hero Factory skeleton: what does it currently lack? What compelling reason is there to replace it? I can answer that from my perspective: I would ADORE a skeleton that had separate components for the upper and lower body, especially if those components were connected via ball joint so that it were easier to build Hero Factory models with waist articulation at a small scale, without necessitating the complexity of a heavily Technic-based solution. Along with that would of course come the need for separate armor for those upper and lower sections. The issue with this is that it would be unlikely to work with many already-produced torso armor pieces, and for that reason I have no urgent need for such parts, nor would I want them to completely replace the existing torso beams if and when they are introduced.

Edited by Lyichir

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. So many of the complaints about the Inika torso smack of a fanbase that became so conditioned to getting new things (after years of overly-specialized and non-versatile torsos produced for each new wave of clone sets) that they revolted when Lego settled on a solution they were happy with, and that allowed them to better diversify the sets in each wave. Did the Inika torso have flaws? Most definitely. Was it suited to every function? Of course not. But if you have a problem with it, explain the problem rather than demanding something new for newness' sake.

Similarly for the Hero Factory skeleton: what does it currently lack? What compelling reason is there to replace it? I can answer that from my perspective: I would ADORE a skeleton that had separate components for the upper and lower body, especially if those components were connected via ball joint so that it were easier to build Hero Factory models with waist articulation at a small scale, without necessitating the complexity of a heavily Technic-based solution. Along with that would of course come the need for separate armor for those upper and lower sections. The issue with this is that it would be unlikely to work with many already-produced torso armor pieces, and for that reason I have no urgent need for such parts, nor would I want them to completely replace the existing torso beams if and when they are introduced.

Part of what made BIONICLE great was the unique builds that were introduced every few waves, in my opinion. If they would have stuck with Toa Mata bodies for the whole run, that would have been pretty boring, no matter how well it worked or how versatile it was. (And I'm just using the Toa Mata body as example.) The Inika worked great for two years, but it got to be quite repetitive after 2007. The building experience is a big part of buying the set, remember. And then when it continued into 2009, it just got to be ridiculous.

I'm not saying that the HF torso needs to be replaced right now, but I think they should work on designing a replacement for it that's even better so they can replace it some where down the road. It's just not a good idea to have the same building experience for too long.

Bliss.png