So I was looking at the New Toa Classes topic and it sparked a question in my mind. Why and how is one destined or not destined to be transformed by energized protodermis? Are some of the people of the MU programmed or built to react to that without dying? If so that would explain why maybe the GBs built the Toa Mata like that in the case of them coming in contact with EP.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

So I was looking at the New Toa Classes topic and it sparked a question in my mind. Why and how is one destined or not destined to be transformed by energized protodermis? Are some of the people of the MU programmed or built to react to that without dying? If so that would explain why maybe the GBs built the Toa Mata like that in the case of them coming in contact with EP.

Well, Mata Nui can set destinies of beings inside him.

I'm back!

But how? Is it a computer program thing, like setting a variable or property to an object? Granted, it couldn't just be that, as it would take something more than data to save you from EP.

Sure it could be just data, but remember normal beings(Glatorian and such) also hae a destiny, but inside the MU destiny could easily be a variable like this:

Destiny = "Awake Mata-Nui when he falls alseep"

OnContactWithEM = "Transform into Toa Nuva"

I'm back!

I always thought that it's just whatever the bionicle equivalent is of DNA. Energized protodermis just floods your body with a certain type of energy if your body has the proper genetic code then it will use that energy to transform, if not then the energy is to much and destroys you. That's my theory anyway.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

That's pretty much how I've thought of it as well. It's set on creation, and then certain people such as Mata Nui or the Great Beings themselves would be able to alter the destiny at will. Exactly how it takes effect is another matter. In the Toa Nuva, it allowed their bodies to change rather than be destroyed by Energized Protodermis, while more intangibly making them the ones to go an wake Mata Nui. This part of destiny they were informed about, however, and actively sought to fulfill. They almost failed at Voya Nui, and the original story plans were apparently to let the Inika finish their job. In that case, destiny did nothing in particular, since the Red Star lightning was a "failsafe" that could happen to any Matoran outside and not really "destiny".

I think it would be like if they went into it when they needed better powers really badly the would be transformed but if they just went in for fun they would die.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Does that mean the GBs knew beforehand that it was a sentient being? Also, the Energized Protodermis Being attacked Helryx and whoever was with her (I don't remember), but made Rahkshi. Does that mean he's on the Brotherhood of Makuta's side? And then, as if only to add more questions, what if the EP Being was on the Brotherhood's side because he wanted to get rid of Mata Nui because he had been created by the GBs and for some reason the EP Being doesn't like the GBs??? Questions, questions, questions.

Herro there, person.

How are you?

Does that mean the GBs knew beforehand that it was a sentient being? Also, the Energized Protodermis Being attacked Helryx and whoever was with her (I don't remember), but made Rahkshi. Does that mean he's on the Brotherhood of Makuta's side? And then, as if only to add more questions, what if the EP Being was on the Brotherhood's side because he wanted to get rid of Mata Nui because he had been created by the GBs and for some reason the EP Being doesn't like the GBs??? Questions, questions, questions.

You are probably confusing what EP does by destiny with the EP Entity. I don't think the Entity is confirmed to have anything to do with making Kraata into Rahkshi, or other such things. It could apparently only move its consciousness from one pool to another or move the substance like a body; I don't think it could control what happened when something touched it.

Also, pretty sure it was said that the GBs didn't know about the Entity, at least not early.

As for what side it's on, probably it would say something like it is so far beyond the idea of sides we couldn't understand if it tried to answer truthfully. But that's just my guess.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)