Toa Soran Lineart

Soran

soran_picture.png

Name: Toa Soran

Drawn in: Gimp

Tools: My hand, touchpad and the many tools of gimp.

Story - This character is one I've been meaning to draw, its the Toa form of my character, and since I was bored yesterday I decided to draw it. It's very simple in design, its mainly just a standard Toa Metru body with a Nuva chestplate and a Kanohi Avohkii. I wanted the picture to be really simple which is why the character is mirrored with minor differences in shadows (mainly around the ball joints). The light point is coming from his mask and will be easier to tell once I color it (if I do). I've messed up some shading in some areas so I may edit it.

C&C is always appreciated.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

You continue to amaze me Soran! The picture displays all of the pieces with impressive detail. Putting Nuva armor on a Metru torso is a good idea. How long did it take to create this?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

You continue to amaze me Soran! The picture displays all of the pieces with impressive detail. Putting Nuva armor on a Metru torso is a good idea. How long did it take to create this?

Thanks. I guess I forgot to put that up there. Roughly around 6-8 hours I believe. I wasn't counting.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

<span style="font-family:Palatino;">Your attention to detail is astounding - if I didn't know better, I'd swear that this was a picture that you put a few filters on.</span><br /><br /><span style="font-family:Palatino;">I noticed a few tiny alterations between the two sides (it's almost like a find-the-difference game), but I think I'd prefer a bit less symmetry, just a little something more that doesn't make the drawing seem totally static.</span>

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Whoa. That looks great. The art is just so precise, and perfect. This plus some shading results in my favorite style of art.

But I'd be crazy to actually ask for shading, since this is already so great. Only thing I don't like is how it looks like his torso's a bit...flaky? I don't know, it looks like he has very wide flaps coming out past the Nuva armor, which would look fine if they were just slightly smaller.

I'm incapable of art this good though, so once again, great job.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...